Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250
(20-Dec-2015, 13:51)Hualapai Wrote: Hi Guys!
I'm very sorry if is not the correct section but i have the problem with D200.
I connected D200 and BW 802D3 and on the right tweeter I hear swish, hum also if I don't listen music.
I tried to change the speakers cable, I tried all but the problem there is always. And I know that the problem are not the speakers.
The confguration is correct, sure.
Someone can help me?
Sad

First change left and right around. If the problem moves with the change, it's the amp. Cables, unless you pulled some out of a pile at the local dump, shouldn't be an issue.

If it is the amp, (most likely) re-do your firm ware and config from scratch. If the problem is still there, try different speakers or take your D200 to your dealer

Good luck,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(11-Dec-2015, 14:47)Stigmater Wrote:
(10-Dec-2015, 15:10)Hualapai Wrote: Hi Guys!
I'm David and I write from Italy!
I'm new in this forum and I would like to share with you my next system, Devialet 200 (maybe in february arrive other 200) and the new B&W 802D3.
I arrive from B&W 802Diamond and Mcintosh and now a new frontier waiting for me..
David

Hi David
As owner of 802Diamond I would suggest you to go strait for D250, the difference is quite big a specially  in high frequency area or as some people here refere it to be the bright area, at list it was for me.
Not long ago I tried D800 and there I felt that for me the upgrade not worth extra 13,000€

Really interested in your input regarding new 802D3, please share your insights when you do the switch.

(20-Dec-2015, 13:58)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(20-Dec-2015, 13:51)Hualapai Wrote: Hi Guys!
I'm very sorry if is not the correct section but i have the problem with D200.
I connected D200 and BW 802D3 and on the right tweeter I hear swish, hum also if I don't listen music.
I tried to change the speakers cable, I tried all but the problem there is always. And I know that the problem are not the speakers.
The confguration is correct, sure.
Someone can help me?
Sad

First change left and right around. If the problem moves with the change, it's the amp. Cables, unless you pulled some out of a pile at the local dump, shouldn't be an issue.

If it is the amp, (most likely) re-do your firm ware and config from scratch. If the problem is still there, try different speakers or take your D200 to your dealer

Good luck,

Pim

Thanks a lot Pim!
I did everything but the only that I didn't do is change the speakers.
I will try this evening.
Very sad.. Sad
                                                                                          DD SYSTEM
                  SPEAKERS : Bowers Wilkins 802 D3 ---- ELECTRONIC : Devialet 200 (upgrade to Devialet 400 -2016-)
                            SOURCE : Aries Auralic ----- LOADSPEAKERS CABLES : Straightwire Crescendo 2*2,4mt
                 SOURCE CABLE : Audioquest USB Carbon ----- POWER : Ps Audio AC3 ---- REMOTE CONTROL : Ipad Mini

if you have swapped the ledt and right channel and the noise has moved to the other speaker you don't need to try other speakers, then it's definitly the amp. If you have swapped the cable on the speaker side it could also be the cable. In this case you can swap at the amp side to rule this out. If both speakers play with one of the channels it is not a speaker problem.
(20-Dec-2015, 15:15)Vivialet Wrote: if you have swapped the ledt and right channel and the noise has moved to the other speaker you don't need to try other speakers, then it's definitly the amp. If you have swapped the cable on the speaker side it could also be the cable. In this case you can swap at the amp side to rule this out. If both speakers play with one of the channels it is not a speaker problem.

Thanks Vivialet.

1: Tried to delete the SD card e I did again the config.
2: Tried to reverse the speakers cable and the problem is always on the right channel.
3: Tried to connected one of the two speakers and on the left there is not problem but yes on the right.
4: Tried to take the right cable and I connected on the left speakers and there is not problem.

I think that the problem is D200.
Tomorrow morning I will call for solve the problem.
Christmas without music.
Unfortunately..
                                                                                          DD SYSTEM
                  SPEAKERS : Bowers Wilkins 802 D3 ---- ELECTRONIC : Devialet 200 (upgrade to Devialet 400 -2016-)
                            SOURCE : Aries Auralic ----- LOADSPEAKERS CABLES : Straightwire Crescendo 2*2,4mt
                 SOURCE CABLE : Audioquest USB Carbon ----- POWER : Ps Audio AC3 ---- REMOTE CONTROL : Ipad Mini

You wouldn't happen to have your speaker cable running alongside a power cable would you?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(20-Dec-2015, 16:33)Hualapai Wrote:
(20-Dec-2015, 15:15)Vivialet Wrote: if you have swapped the ledt and right channel and the noise has moved to the other speaker you don't need to try other speakers, then it's definitly the amp. If you have swapped the cable on the speaker side it could also be the cable. In this case you can swap at the amp side to rule this out. If both speakers play with one of the channels it is not a speaker problem.

Thanks Vivialet.

2: Tried to reverse the speakers cable and the problem is always on the right channel.
3: Tried to connected one of the two speakers and on the left there is not problem but yes on the right.
4: Tried to take the right cable and I connected on the left speakers and there is not problem.

Christmas without music.
Unfortunately..

From your list of trials above then it is the speaker and not the D200.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(20-Dec-2015, 16:43)Pim van Vliet Wrote: You wouldn't happen to have your speaker cable running alongside a power cable would you?

No Pim..
                                                                                          DD SYSTEM

(20-Dec-2015, 17:16)NickB Wrote:
(20-Dec-2015, 16:33)Hualapai Wrote:

Thanks Vivialet.

Christmas without music.
Unfortunately..

Hi Nick,
If I connect the right out of D200 to left speaker I've the same problem..
                                                                                          DD SYSTEM

(20-Dec-2015, 17:39)Hualapai Wrote:
(20-Dec-2015, 17:16)NickB Wrote:
(20-Dec-2015, 16:33)Hualapai Wrote: Thanks Vivialet.

Christmas without music.
Unfortunately..

Hi Nick,

Yes but in your list your number 4 says the opposite.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(20-Dec-2015, 18:08)NickB Wrote:
(20-Dec-2015, 17:39)Hualapai Wrote:
(20-Dec-2015, 17:16)NickB Wrote: From your list of trials above then it is the speaker and not the D200.

Hi Nick,

Yes but in your list your number 4 says the opposite.

I think he was switching cables, not connections on the amp side  Undecided
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.