Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250
Nice to meet you here too JeanF. I am in utter delight right now listening to the D200 too. Difference here is I have to return it to my brother in half an hour. But indeed I have made up my mind about my next purchase. I would love to share in the combineert knowledge on this forum. That should get me through the waiting time I need to save up for the Devialet.
(07-Nov-2015, 18:47)KraaijCheck Wrote:
(07-Nov-2015, 16:53)JeanF Wrote:
(06-Nov-2015, 23:46)kerkhoffd Wrote: Congrats JeanF. Followed your search closely (also on HTF) as I am too looking to upgrade to Devialet amplification in the future. Great feedback on DevialetChat. Hope to use my Linn Akurate DS in the future as a transport on a D200 or D250. Depending on future funds.

@Stigmater and Guillaume: what digital cable did/do you use to connect the Akurate DS digital out to the Devialet? It only has a BNC type digital out it seems.

Thanks kerkhoffd ! Your username is a wellknown name for me and regarding to your HTF posts within some shown interests regarding Devialet I was getting the feeling that you have more then average interest to buy a Devialet Big Grin
Nice to meet you here and hopefully we can share our experiences here with the rest of the members.

The new D200 is in since thirsday night and after a ''cold'' start with a definately need to more playing hours (a small dissapointment after hearing the demo D200 here) its SQ increases by day, so we're going to the right direction...
This morning I was getting very impressive impressions by using Devialet Air (ethernet) i.c.m. Roon on the Windows laptop.
I use to play with the Moon 180 MiND renderer with Teddy Pardo LPS, but I have to say that the Roon - Devialet Air combination surpasses the SQ of the Moon 180 MiND, something I wasn't expecting before...

What are youre setting in Roon for Air?

I'm playing in ''Exclusive Mode'' without any problems, even with some high res. music files I haven't noticed hick ups or drop outs yet.
further:
Max Sample Rate PCM > Disabled
Resync Delay              > 0 ms
DSD Playback Strategy > Convert to PCM

The selected music folder in Roon is the musicfolder of my Synology NAS with Minimserver on it. 

I have to say that my network is very stable and the wifi signal from my Netgear R7000 Nighthawk is very powerful.
Have spent a lot of time (and good materials)  to get my network perfect. All networkcables are Belden 1885 cat.7 with Telegartner connectors, exept the 5 m. length Jenkins cat.7 from the Devialet to the Netgear Nighthawk router.
Amp: Devialet 200 // Renderer: Streacom FC-5 Alpha based audio pc with HDPlex 100W LPS - HDPlex 250W ATX UPS - PPA PCIe USB V2 - Roon Labs core - JPlay - Fidelizer Audio Pro  // Speakers: Kharma 3.2 CE black label upgrade // Active sub: Eton Hexacone 10 '' with Hypex DS 4.0 // Cables: Siltech Explorer 180 L - Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000 + IeGo 8055 - Furutech FP-3TS20 + IeGo 8055 - Acoustic Revive USB 1.OPLS - Belden cat.7 1885 ENH + Telegartner MFP8

Did you ever get to comparing the D200 to the D250 in your set, JeanF? D200 will probably be the best I can afford, but still interested in the answer to the original question. Does the D250 outperform the D200 with reasonably easy to drive speakers and does it make sense to spend the extra euros on a single D250 instead of aimaing at a D400 later on for the same cash?
(07-Nov-2015, 21:32)JeanF Wrote:
(07-Nov-2015, 18:47)KraaijCheck Wrote:
(07-Nov-2015, 16:53)JeanF Wrote: Thanks kerkhoffd ! Your username is a wellknown name for me and regarding to your HTF posts within some shown interests regarding Devialet I was getting the feeling that you have more then average interest to buy a Devialet Big Grin
Nice to meet you here and hopefully we can share our experiences here with the rest of the members.

The new D200 is in since thirsday night and after a ''cold'' start with a definately need to more playing hours (a small dissapointment after hearing the demo D200 here) its SQ increases by day, so we're going to the right direction...
This morning I was getting very impressive impressions by using Devialet Air (ethernet) i.c.m. Roon on the Windows laptop.
I use to play with the Moon 180 MiND renderer with Teddy Pardo LPS, but I have to say that the Roon - Devialet Air combination surpasses the SQ of the Moon 180 MiND, something I wasn't expecting before...

What are youre setting in Roon for Air?

I'm playing in ''Exclusive Mode'' without any problems, even with some high res. music files I haven't noticed hick ups or drop outs yet.
further:

The selected music folder in Roon is the musicfolder of my Synology NAS with Minimserver on it. 

I have to say that my network is very stable and the wifi signal from my Netgear R7000 Nighthawk is very powerful.
Have spent a lot of time (and good materials)  to get my network perfect. All networkcables are Belden 1885 cat.7 with Telegartner connectors, exept the 5 m. length Jenkins cat.7 from the Devialet to the Netgear Nighthawk router.

Tried it again this morning but it looks like the devialet air app on my mac crashed when i want to play in exclusive mode with Roon. When i turn exclusive mode off it works perfect, but then it isn't bitperfect.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(08-Nov-2015, 09:14)KraaijCheck Wrote:
(07-Nov-2015, 21:32)JeanF Wrote:
(07-Nov-2015, 18:47)KraaijCheck Wrote: What are youre setting in Roon for Air?

further:

Tried it again this morning but it looks like the devialet air app on my mac crashed when i want to play in exclusive mode with Roon. When i turn exclusive mode off it works perfect, but then it isn't bitperfect.
I also discussed my good experiences about Roon with Michel (Audiofile/Devialet Store) and we're thinking that it has to do with a Mac related problem... (like other people here are suggesting)
Have a couple of minutes ago tried some high res. albums (Norah Jones, Katie Melua, etc.) but haven't noticed any problem at all so it seems that Windows is doing the job on a very well way.
Exclusive Mode is switched on constantly, by the way.

I also tried my Teddy Pardo 12 volt regulated power supply on my router (use it also as a switch) and that was giving remarkable positive results so the upgrade path keeps existing Cool
Amp: Devialet 200 // Renderer: Streacom FC-5 Alpha based audio pc with HDPlex 100W LPS - HDPlex 250W ATX UPS - PPA PCIe USB V2 - Roon Labs core - JPlay - Fidelizer Audio Pro  // Speakers: Kharma 3.2 CE black label upgrade // Active sub: Eton Hexacone 10 '' with Hypex DS 4.0 // Cables: Siltech Explorer 180 L - Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000 + IeGo 8055 - Furutech FP-3TS20 + IeGo 8055 - Acoustic Revive USB 1.OPLS - Belden cat.7 1885 ENH + Telegartner MFP8

(08-Nov-2015, 15:55)JeanF Wrote:
(08-Nov-2015, 09:14)KraaijCheck Wrote:
(07-Nov-2015, 21:32)JeanF Wrote: I'm playing in ''Exclusive Mode'' without any problems, even with some high res. music files I haven't noticed hick ups or drop outs yet.
further:

I also discussed my good experiences about Roon with Michel (Audiofile/Devialet Store) and we're thinking that it has to do with a Mac related problem... (like other people here are suggesting)
Have a couple of minutes ago tried some high res. albums (Norah Jones, Katie Melua, etc.) but haven't noticed any problem at all so it seems that Windows is doing the job on a very well way.

I also tried my Teddy Pardo 12 volt regulated power supply on my router (use it also as a switch) and that was giving remarkable positive results so the upgrade path keeps existing Cool

Do you know if Michel tried it himself? He owns a iMac from where he plays the music during demo's right?
Air is working fine for me as long as i'm playing from Tidal itself.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Michel has not tried Roon on the iMac - Devialet Air combination yet, but if I am not mistake he did try JRiver mc (without good results I believe)
I guess he will try soon, because I think I made him enthusiastic with my experiences Big Grin

Roon on Mac using AIR to Devialet will not work on exclusive mode, and hence, not bit perfect.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(08-Nov-2015, 16:58)KraaijCheck Wrote:
(08-Nov-2015, 15:55)JeanF Wrote:
(08-Nov-2015, 09:14)KraaijCheck Wrote: Tried it again this morning but it looks like the devialet air app on my mac crashed when i want to play in exclusive mode with Roon. When i turn exclusive mode off it works perfect, but then it isn't bitperfect.

Do you know if Michel tried it himself? He owns a iMac from where he plays the music during demo's right?
Air is working fine for me as long as i'm playing from Tidal itself.

(09-Nov-2015, 16:12)hk6230 Wrote: Roon on Mac using AIR to Devialet will not work on exclusive mode, and hence, not bit perfect.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

So for this time I'm a happy Windows user Big Grin

Hi all

If you had a chance to upgrade from a D200 to a D250 for $1,700 US or would you wait to upgrade to a Companion D200 to make a 400 which will cost about $6K US, sometime next year. In my case, the $1,700 is easy to do today, the $6K not till next year sometime and who knows what will jump up to suck up that play money!!

I do not lack for power or source ports at this time. My speakers are rated at 91db but while testing some Harbeth 40.1's that I have for a few days, I find I am pushing the audio level from a normal -30 to -20 or even lower to drive the 86db 40.1's.

The D250 is an easy move and it seems, most agree it supposedly does deliver on it's value vs the D200.

What would be the down side to going this D250 route other than the increased power of a D400 configuration,  sometime down the road?

Comments greatly appreciated.

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)