Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo Magazine Devialet 210 Pro Review
Hey - @Antoine - to give you credit - the top picture of the inlet above is your actual 250 Pro !

I note that fuse F1 is on the side we think is live, which would be logical.

Although it does not resolve this issue completely, I think a question to Devialet will be the only way to be sure.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
No, I think that is part of the marking for the square component. Similar markings for other components (like F1 and F2 fuses)
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(06-Jul-2020, 11:20)Pim Wrote:
(06-Jul-2020, 11:04)Antoine Wrote: Regarding the pictures, these are of the non-pro models. The Pro models no longer have an integrated ‘off the shelve’ inlet filter like the Schurters as Devialet built their own (I suppose to not filter out the ethernet over powerline frequencies. Functionality they haven’t enabled yet BTW). One can see the differences on the picture in the review @Nakatomi63 also mentioned.

Earlier I had already searched for clearer pictures to check for markings but couldn’t find any so for me this is still an ‘unresolved matter’. Smile

Antoine, you're Dutch. Do you make sure you have your phase connected correctly?

Hi Pim, if you mean have I ever listened to both directions of the schuko to determine the best sounding one; nope I haven’t. I always assumed the right direction between Pro and non-Pro stayed the same. Perhaps others have, I’m not sure if I’ll try since the Shunyata powercable I’m using probably won’t allow me to twist it.

(06-Jul-2020, 11:42)Confused Wrote: Hey - @Antoine - to give you credit - the top picture of the inlet above is your actual 250 Pro ! 

I note that fuse F1 is on the side we think is live, which would be logical.

Although it does not resolve this issue completely, I think a question to Devialet will be the only way to be sure.

OK, cool! Smile  I do remember taking a photo of the internals after I received mine ‘DOA’.

You could be right about F1 being on the live side but I agree, probably the only way to be sure would be to contact Devialet. But this is usually also the time the real confusion starts unless support contacts a proper engineer!  Dodgy Wink

Like Ogs I also think the white ‘L’ is just the corner of the rectangles painted on the PCB.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Hello, the magazine Stereo tests the devices with both two pins as phase! The pin with the phase where the device sounds best is given as the reference point for the phase, always refers to the view of the built-in socket !! Since there is no EU/CE/VDE regulation in Europe where the phase is connected to a portable device, the pin does not matter! L and N are only indicated on the mounting sockets in order to have a reference point in circuit diagrams.
Whether left or right, it matters, the sound determines the pin with the phase !! Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(06-Jul-2020, 15:51)K4680 Wrote: Hello, the magazine Stereo tests the devices with both two pins as phase! The pin with the phase where the device sounds best is given as the reference point for the phase, always refers to the view of the built-in socket !! Since there is no EU/CE/VDE  regulation in Europe where the phase is connected to a portable device, the pin does not matter! L and N are only indicated on the mounting sockets in order to have a reference point in circuit diagrams.
Whether left or right, it matters, the sound determines the pin with the phase !! Wink

Small picture (yellow schema) has the pins vice-versa versus to big picture (real connector).
Pins are matching ("Mains phase" = "L") only if small picture is connector from the cable, and not from the device.
(06-Jul-2020, 15:51)K4680 Wrote: Hello, the magazine Stereo tests the devices with both two pins as phase! The pin with the phase where the device sounds best is given as the reference point for the phase, always refers to the view of the built-in socket !! Since there is no EU/CE/VDE regulation in Europe where the phase is connected to a portable device, the pin does not matter! L and N are only indicated on the mounting sockets in order to have a reference point in circuit diagrams.

There is no Schurter AC filter in the Pro models, see my earlier post.

If Stereo did determine the ‘correct‘ phase through listening it’s a subjective finding. Nothing wrong with that but it’s not a fact. Others may come to the opposite conclusion.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
If you need to debate whether the mains phase is right/left or wrong, you probably don’t have the ears to hear. Shame!
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
(06-Jul-2020, 23:21)Greg Wrote: If you need to debate whether the mains phase is right/left or wrong, you probably don’t have the ears to hear. Shame!

Hello all, try and then decide what you like better! Like everywhere else, eating, drinking, songs... Big Grin
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
(06-Jul-2020, 23:21)Greg Wrote: If you need to debate whether the mains phase is right/left or wrong, you probably don’t have the ears to hear. Shame!

Well thank you for your positive constructive contribution to this thread..as far as I know nobody who posted in this thread has even tried left vs right (some even can’t without DIY’ing a power cable or changing the wiring in their AC outlet). Did you try, if so what were your findings?

The Netherlands
(07-Jul-2020, 09:16)Antoine Wrote:

Well thank you for your positive constructive contribution to this thread..as far as I know nobody who posted in this thread has even tried left vs right (some even can’t without DIY’ing a power cable or changing the wiring in their AC outlet). Did you try, if so what were your findings?

Hi Antoine, when I bought the Expert (2016) I could not find any great effects when changing the phase. But today I checked where the phase is, looking at the device from behind "right" near the case, like the test of stereo !! Things look very different with my McIntosh, you actually notice when the phase is wrong. Especially in the high and middle! The difference between the two devices could actually be the construction of the power supplies, transformer and switching power supply! Could be, right ??
Germany / Bavaria