Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sweet Room
Maybe pinging Mathieu about the status of known bug fixes and feature improvements here https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...Sweet-Room
(18-Jul-2021, 20:36)markush Wrote: Maybe pinging Mathieu about the status of known bug fixes and feature improvements here https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...Sweet-Room

I did post such a question in the Sweet Room thread that you reference a bit over a week ago.  Of course, no response (yet?).   Not holding my breath.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Yes I saw it - that question is exactly what many are wondering. Sad to see Mathieu not responding.
Is anyone here in direct exchange with him?
Here’s the thing for me…. I don’t want to spend anymore time tinkering with the current incarnation of Sweet Room if Devialet is actually going to release something to improve it. At the same time, I don’t want to spend anymore time tinkering with Sweet Room if Devialet is not going to do anything else with it.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Just thought I'd chip in with more scientific evidence, after doing more measurements on SweetRoom, having not used SAM for nearly a year.

With SAM On, I found that a configuration like this in my 220Pro (not dual mono) doesn't implement the FIFTH filter on each side:

LEFT                                                       RIGHT
"EQ_1_L":[...]                                            "EQ_1_R":[...]
"EQ_2_L":[...]                                            "EQ_2_R":[...]
"EQ_3_L":[...]                                            "EQ_3_R":[...]
"EQ_4_L":[...]                                            "EQ_4_R":[...]

"EQ_5_L":[...]                                            "EQ_5_R":[...]

I made sure to put deep notches for each at different frequencies, so that I could see if they were applied.
I can't say I noticed any duplication of left filters to right like others have.
I don't believe that reducing the filters in one channel lets you allocate more to the other...
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.