Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switch-on/off click?
I get quiet clicks from the amps on some input changes, sounds like a relay to me, my non-pro models did it too, doesn't bother me at all.

When I had Fact 12s on loan from the dealer there was some odd quiet noises from the speakers with my 200, apparently that's normal with those speakers, which I don't understand.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Thanks for all the other data points, folks.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about mechanical relay clicks (which I also hear, although I don't find them at all disturbing) - what I'm trying to sort out is definitely amplifier output through the speakers.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Whilst fiddling with something else today my ear was very near the speaker during switch on, and there was a faint noise, but very quiet, sort of a soft plop sound. I'm not at all bothered it happens.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Well, I must admit this one has stumped me. I've tried all the following changes to the configuration:

- changing the default input back (from co-ax digital) to optical digital
- disabling the co-ax digital input
- disconnecting all the sources

but there's no change.

I did notice that the configurator had surreptitiously enabled DPM, which came as a surprise to me. I've now turned that off, but it didn't make any difference either.

Anyway, it's not something I'm going to lose any more sleep over; I dare say at some point it will just go away as it came. Ho hum.
Warwickshire, UK
It could be a SAM profile issue.
(04-Mar-2017, 16:32)Devialetuser Wrote: It could be a SAM profile issue.

I don't have SAM enabled, so I suspect not.
Warwickshire, UK
@thumb5 Did you find out any solution for this issue? I am having the same problem from the very beginning and I feel it can be related with my house's electricity (or a low quality adapter around my power outlets)

And in addition to this issue, when I come closer to the speaker woofer, there is a static noise comes from the speakers if the volume is around -40db and it disappears around -30db when the DPM is off. If the DPM is on, I need to move it to -20db to get rid of that noise.

I consider to look for electricity solutions for my system but before going for a costly operation, I would like to know if you have any update here.
Hello @ada -- thanks for asking, but sorry to say I didn't find a solution and eventually just decided to live with it.  To put it into context, in my system the "click" is much quieter than one often hears when turning a traditional amp on or off - it's just that in the old days my D400 used to be completely silent during on/off transitions.  I have a feeling that this might be a "feature" of the D440 Pro that I simply didn't notice initially.  It's still there, no better or worse, since the CI upgrade.  There's nothing like your "static" noise in my system, though.
Warwickshire, UK
Just for the record, I get four clicks in total when switching on via Roon. Three fairly close together and then a fourth when the correct input is selected automatically . They sound like relays clicking to me.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England