Poll: What is the one 'must have' feature that you would like the streamer board to feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Roon RAAT compatible
43.80%
60 43.80%
UPnP
5.11%
7 5.11%
HQPlayer compatibility
0.73%
1 0.73%
Spotify connect
2.19%
3 2.19%
Apple compatibility, iTunes / Airplay
2.92%
4 2.92%
Self-hosted configuration mechanism to allow changes to the Devialet's configuration on the fly
5.84%
8 5.84%
Support for SPARK, to include Phantom compatibility via PLC
2.19%
3 2.19%
A fully self contained streaming system, i.e. no need for a computer, just add NAS or USB memory with music.
19.71%
27 19.71%
I would accept any kind of functionality if sound quality is clearly superior to AIR
10.22%
14 10.22%
Virtual soundcard, much like AIR but with superior sound quality and stability
7.30%
10 7.30%
Total 137 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Streamer Board - What is the 'must have' feature
(19-Oct-2017, 13:31)Alec_eiffel Wrote: I didn't vote as my #1 wish was not on the list : convolution with FIR filters for speaker/room correction.
This would be handy to have it for ALL inputs TV+Phono etc... instead of only on Ethernet today from the Roon Intel NUC

I'm hoping that new DSP chip will allow that at some point via a software update.

It's sure not necessary to have a DSP chip and a CPU just for streaming music over the network.
(20-Oct-2017, 05:47)watchnerd Wrote:
(19-Oct-2017, 13:31)Alec_eiffel Wrote: I didn't vote as my #1 wish was not on the list : convolution with FIR filters for speaker/room correction.
This would be handy to have it for ALL inputs TV+Phono etc... instead of only on Ethernet today from the Roon Intel NUC

I'm hoping that new DSP chip will allow that at some point via a software update.

It's sure not necessary to have a DSP chip and a CPU just for streaming music over the network.

Agree. Room correction via DSP chip is the most exciting thing for me from the new board.
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

(20-Oct-2017, 10:45)rchinn Wrote:
(20-Oct-2017, 05:47)watchnerd Wrote:

Agree. Room correction via DSP chip is the most exciting thing for me from the new board.

+1
QNAP TS219P II/ TIDAL-Hifi > Roon@mac-mini > AIR3-Cat6 > Devialet 250 > Audience AU24 SE > Gallo-3.5Ref (w/ SAM)
AngelTo all our wishes and suggestions to Devialet, I am reminded of a German saying: "Expect little, always hope, dream a lot " Angel
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Hi all,
Received an e mail from Judith today asking me to log into the Devialet website to achieve my upgrade request, between today and the 15th Nov. As soon as my upgrade request has been processed I will be informed of the next steps.
I have 2 issues, 1 I’m not keen on having something fitted that does not work and 2 I can’t find anything on their website to register, but then that bit could be down to me.
Cheers,
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(09-Nov-2017, 20:30)wwm Wrote: Hi all,
Received an e mail from Judith today asking me to log into the Devialet website to achieve my upgrade request, between today and the 15th Nov. As soon as my upgrade request has been processed I will be informed of the next steps.
I have 2 issues, 1 I’m not keen on having something fitted that does not work and 2 I can’t find anything on their website to register, but then that bit could be down to me.
Cheers,
Bill.

Funny how I received multiple emails from Judith regarding the original paid upgrades for the Experts to Pro models (even months after I had the upgrade carried out), but now with the free Core Infinity upgrades I haven't received any emails.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(10-Nov-2017, 00:40)Celts88 Wrote:
(09-Nov-2017, 20:30)wwm Wrote: Hi all,
Cheers,
Bill.

Funny how I received multiple emails from Judith regarding the original paid upgrades for the Experts to Pro models (even months after I had the upgrade carried out), but now with the free Core Infinity upgrades I haven't received any emails.
and??
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Leedh digital volume control Smile

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/m...018/9.html

Reading this article I can't help but think this would be great in an Expert.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(31-May-2018, 08:41)Pim Wrote: Leedh digital volume control Smile

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/m...018/9.html

Reading this article I can't help but think this would be great in an Expert.

Yes I've been hearing very good things about this... apparently coming to Audirvana?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK