Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal drop outs and not finishing tracks
I used the bt smart hub. Today I bought a TP link router as it was recommended on a BT forum but it made no difference so I am back to the BT hub now
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(07-Feb-2018, 10:10)Womaz Wrote: I am not sure its my internet provider or wifi
Can you clarify what you mean about wifi, it does not sound like you are using wifi with the melco. Does the melco support wifi? Worth a try if it does. Is taking the melco to someone else's house an option?

(07-Feb-2018, 10:10)Womaz Wrote: Here is exactly what happens and I will use the new Django Django album Marble Skies as an example.
On the first three tracks at least and others further on the track either stops or skips excatly 2 seconds from the end of the track, then goes to the next track.
Some albums are ok, some are not, but it does spoil the enjoyment.
Trying this album now from tidal (quite good so far), via Roon, if I get a problem I'll report it but I have never had this so I doubt it will happen, and it made it through the first track OK. Up to track 4 now, no problems. I'm not on BT.

My guess (and this is a big guess), is that something outside your house is buffering tidal badly, so that BT don't transfer as much data from tidal to them saving bandwidth costs. Netflix does this will many large ISPs, they have boxes in the ISPs data centers, these boxes sync the top shows and hold them locally, so when you watch one of those top shows the bandwidth from netflix to the isp is minimal, you should get the same data though. I don't know if tidal does this, or if they do it's inside BT, so BT might know nothing about this. Often things like mobile apps use different paths back to what you would thing is the same data, so apps and other devices may work differently, I've seen netflix go down on my TV, but work in the browser, both on the same network.

Or it could be the firmware in the melco. Can you go back to old firmwares in the melco?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
You raise some good points . I don’t think I can go back to old firmware on the MELCO.
My dealer has contacted Melco to relay to them the problems I am having so I will see what they come back with

I have signed up to the Computer Audiophile forum today and it appears I am not alone . There are a lot of issues with Tidal
Also on the BT forum a guy has suggested it could be a problem with my MTU settings....a lot of things to investigate
I am also thinking about going to qobuz for a month ....I won’t get the trial,as I have already hade one .
Thanks for the post
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(10-Feb-2018, 19:12)Womaz Wrote: I am also thinking about going to qobuz for a month ....I won’t get the trial,as I have already hade one .
Thanks for the post

If it’s any consolation I have had exactly the same problem with tracks not finishing and skipping to the next track with Qobuz Sublime and Sublime plus.

It was quite bad a few months ago, but it’s been much better lately. Qobuz were zero help at all at the time.

I’m on a Tidal three month trial at the moment and I have had no issues at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(10-Feb-2018, 19:54)disarmamant Wrote:
(10-Feb-2018, 19:12)Womaz Wrote: I am also thinking about going to qobuz for a month ....I won’t get the trial,as I have already hade one .
Thanks for the post

If it’s any consolation I have had exactly the same problem with tracks not finishing and skipping to the next track with Qobuz Sublime and Sublime plus.

It was quite bad a few months ago, but it’s been much better lately. Qobuz were zero help at all at the time.

I’m on a Tidal three month trial at the moment and I have had no issues at all.

Ah well there goes that theory ;-)

Are you BT broadband by any chance ?
(10-Feb-2018, 21:12)Womaz Wrote: Are you BT broadband by any chance ?

No. TalkTalk

Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
It appears that streaming is still very problematic for some people
Ok I have now got qobuz too and the same issues occur. The same tracks have the same issues .
Thinking back I got new Melco firmware at around the same time as I switched my Broadband supplier . It’s now just a case of narrowing this down surely ?
The Melco update included track info being displayed from tidal playback also , so it ,may be an issue with this. I never have the display on anyway . I may revert back to a previous firmware to see if that makes a difference

I am now awaiting a reply from Melco.
That does sound like a melco problem. Good luck
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(13-Feb-2018, 00:46)Womaz Wrote: Ok I have now got qobuz too and the same issues occur. The same tracks have the same issues .
Thinking back I got new Melco firmware at around the same time as I switched my Broadband supplier . It’s now just a case of narrowing this down surely ?
The Melco update included track info being displayed from tidal playback also , so it ,may be an issue with this. I never have the display on anyway . I may revert back to a previous firmware to see if that makes a difference

I am now awaiting a reply from Melco.

Hello Womaz, try to stream directly through UPnP. Runs for me with the AK App and only Devialet and Tidal/Qobuz for a few hours without problems! Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria