Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
(16-Jun-2020, 02:05)bernardl Wrote: Perhaps I missed it, but I didn’t see an answer to the first question.

Cheers,
Bernard

I didn’t talked about what you asked because I think I mentioned in other posts that when they are without the sd cards they are back to two single 220 units and work properly.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro CI, B&W 803 D3, Auralic Aries G2, OPPO 203.
(16-Jun-2020, 02:20)Freddie77 Wrote:
(16-Jun-2020, 02:05)bernardl Wrote: Perhaps I missed it, but I didn’t see an answer to the first question.

Cheers,
Bernard

I didn’t talked about what you asked because I think I mentioned in other posts that when they are without the sd cards they are back to two single 220 units and work properly.
Have you tried different SD cards? The Devialets are compatible only with the older SD cards (typically up to 2GB) and SDHC cards (typically 4GB-32GB).
If you're using a newer SDXC card (typically 64GB+) it likely won't work.

Also make sure you format your SD cards with FAT or FAT32 filesystem (not NTFS or exFAT).
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
(16-Jun-2020, 07:48)hardcore Wrote:
(16-Jun-2020, 02:20)Freddie77 Wrote:

Cheers,
Bernard

Have you tried different SD cards? The Devialets are compatible only with the older SD cards (typically up to 2GB) and SDHC cards (typically 4GB-32GB).

Also make sure you format your SD cards with FAT or FAT32 filesystem (not NTFS or exFAT).

Yes, all the new configurations I have tried have been wit the original Devialet sd cards; the configuration that is in use is with newer cards. I format the cards every time I try a new configuration. I think the issue is related to the configurator page.
(16-Jun-2020, 08:08)Freddie77 Wrote:
(16-Jun-2020, 07:48)hardcore Wrote:
(16-Jun-2020, 02:20)Freddie77 Wrote: I didn’t talked about what you asked because I think I mentioned in other posts that when they are without the sd cards they are back to two single 220 units and work properly.

Yes, all the new configurations I have tried have been wit the original Devialet sd cards; the configuration that is in use is with newer cards. I format the cards every time I try a new configuration. I think the issue is related to the configurator page.
So do I. 
I remember, some time ago when trying to download configuration files, that once the master config had downloaded, the companion config would fail to download properly. Please try this: Remake your new configuration from scratch. When you have done so, ignore the master configuration (which in your case seems to be OK) and download only the one for the companion, which I think is the one that is not downloading properly and is causing the malfunction.
Good luck with this, it must be driving you up the wall.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(16-Jun-2020, 09:22)Axel Wrote:
(16-Jun-2020, 08:08)Freddie77 Wrote:
(16-Jun-2020, 07:48)hardcore Wrote: Have you tried different SD cards? The Devialets are compatible only with the older SD cards (typically up to 2GB) and SDHC cards (typically 4GB-32GB).

So do I. 
I remember, some time ago when trying to download configuration files, that once the master config had downloaded, the companion config would fail to download properly. Please try this: Remake your new configuration from scratch. When you have done so, ignore the master configuration (which in your case seems to be OK) and download only the one for the companion, which I think is the one that is not downloading properly and is causing the malfunction.

I haven’t tried that method, I will give it a go and will come back with the results. Thanks.
(16-Jun-2020, 11:13)Freddie77 Wrote:
(16-Jun-2020, 09:22)Axel Wrote:
(16-Jun-2020, 08:08)Freddie77 Wrote: Yes, all the new configurations I have tried have been wit the original Devialet sd cards; the configuration that is in use is with newer cards. I format the cards every time I try a new configuration. I think the issue is related to the configurator page.
So do I. 

I haven’t tried that method, I will give it a go and will come back with the results. Thanks.

I tried the method Axel suggested and it works! Thanks a lot. So the configuration page is to blame for both units not linking despite all connections being correct. The other issue I had is still a mystery, I hope that after resetting and adjusting the Ethernet connection it won’t come back.
Please log a ticket with Devialet support regarding the online configurator problem you had. The issues when configuring dual-mono setups is not just a pain in the ass, but can lead to very frustrating results. At this point, Devialet seems to believe that as long as you start with a brand new configuration each time, all is well. I think you've shown that not to be true as others have as well.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(16-Jun-2020, 15:32)mdconnelly Wrote: Please log a ticket with Devialet support regarding the online configurator problem you had.  The issues when configuring dual-mono setups is not just a pain in the ass, but can lead to very frustrating results.  At this point, Devialet seems to believe that as long as you start with a brand new configuration each time, all is well.  I think you've shown that not to be true as others have as well.

Yes, I will do that as well. It’s very frustrating trying to get it to work and also almost believing the units went wrong. Thanks.
Something not unlike your issue happened to me a while back. That is when I learned to never re-edit a configuration for my 440 Pro. Not until I went in and started from scratch with a new configuration did I get it to work properly. Now I'm wondering if it worked for me because I downloaded the Companion file first. I don't recall.

There are numerous posts throughout DC here that describe frustrations with the Online Configurator for dual-mono configurations.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I have another interesting case... I having been facing annoying drop outs through Roon wired ethernet that let me to wonder whether there isn’t an issue with the ethernet port of my master.

I decide to switch master and slave by:
- turning everything down
- switching input cables
- inversing the Rca-rca digital link direction
- connecting trigger cable to correct ports
- switching SD cards
- removing and reconnecting power cables on both units

As a result:
- both units display Devialet 1000
- But... the companion doesn’t wake up...

The only hypothesis so far is that one of the trigger/optical ports I am now using after switching the units has an issue...

Any other idea?

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1