Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turntable disappointment, what did I do wrong?
@Rma
Thanks for testing!
Since im using the coaxial output of the puffin to toslink generic converter iv wanted to see if there any sound change using two different adc ,
one is direct puffin--toslink ,
2nd puffin analog to sonos adc.
So i understand the puffin direct sound much better.
10x for that!

Regards "audiophile" term.
I dont think that any of those audiophiles out there did a phd on that (' .
Basically i believe on most cases that if someone own 2 devialet there a good chance i csn compare it to my setup.

10x again.
My puffin is now up and running and sounds amazing!! I’m direct to phantoms via toslink from the puffin and enjoying all the options. Just played rumours fleetwood Mac the good 45rpm press and its a treat!

I had a few humming issues to start with, which hopefully have settled now. Think I’m going to need to change the stock rca cables that came with carbon evo table. Left channel buzz.

All good for now though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@tsmithpam

Have fun.
Its a nice preamp.
So now there’s arch... with absolutely zero performance specs... but in theory that was the product I was waiting for. Unless it streams poor quality digital sound. Why on earth wouldn’t they give a heads up? I was that close to spend more than 1.500 euros on a McIntosh phonostage, and they launch this little thingy. They really make it hard for us to love them.
I know!
My guess it will not get close to the puffin in performance or setting options for getting best out of set ups or individual records.
Certainly Devialet would not be able to match Shannon’s customer service. I’m happy I got the puffin before they released this or I might have gone for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just received my arch and it was easy to setup and get working. I have an MC cartridge and Arch is able to play nicely with it by adjusting the sensitivity. But there are no capacitance adjustments.

It sounds very detailed and balanced if a little bit bass shy. I may use arch after my current preamp instead and see how it fairs on line level.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
(05-Feb-2021, 14:18)jonstatt Wrote: I just received my arch and it was easy to setup and get working. I have an MC cartridge and Arch is able to play nicely with it by adjusting the sensitivity. But there are no capacitance adjustments.

It sounds very detailed and balanced if a little bit bass shy. I may use arch after my current preamp instead and see how it fairs on line level.

It's amazing that you've already got an Arch.  Is the Arch for turntables only? 
Is general analog input possible?

I am very curious about the manual.
Zidoo z9x 미디어 플레이어 + Shield pro-> onkyo sc5530 프로세서-> rme adi2 fs (3ea)-> 광 케이블-> Devialet golds 3 (FL, FR, C) + silvers 2 (RR, RL) / 150 인치, Optoma Hoz60 .5ch.
@jonstatt
Send up some pics of the arch setup and setting in the app.

Thanks!
(05-Feb-2021, 15:58)Lee inseok Wrote:
(05-Feb-2021, 14:18)jonstatt Wrote: I just received my arch and it was easy to setup and get working. I have an MC cartridge and Arch is able to play nicely with it by adjusting the sensitivity. But there are no capacitance adjustments.

It's amazing that you've already got an Arch.  Is the Arch for turntables only? 
Is general analog input possible?

I am very curious about the manual.
The manual says nothing but the config screen says it all. I will post pictures later but essentially the phonos have 3 settings

Turntable
Or
Line level input
Or
Spdif

You can have 2 Spdif connections

I ordered from Devialet 's website. It was sent the day after ordering and arrived in the UK the next day. It is a UK model as the power cable is UK specific.

(05-Feb-2021, 21:16)jonstatt Wrote: The manual says nothing but the config screen says it all. I will post pictures later but essentially the phonos have 3 settings

Turntable
Or
Line level input
Or
Spdif

So this is actually the analog input section of an Expert amp? Cartridge, line or dual spdif is just like Expert. Do you use it wired or wifi? Any pointers to the methods (protocol) used for transfer to Phantoms?
Spdif  on RCA is very interesting for example with a MiniDSP SHD Studio and/or a Mutec MC-3 +USB (if Arch transfers 24bit to Phantoms) (if Arch transfers 24bit to Phantoms)
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB