Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(01-Aug-2019, 19:09)maxijazz Wrote:
(28-Jul-2019, 21:48)BDavid A Wrote:
(28-Jul-2019, 13:24)maxijazz Wrote: It happens to me over WiFi, daily. To my surprise, because it worked like a charm for first 6 months, on 1Gb Ethernet as well as WiFi.

Your report is the first I've seen of problems with RAAT over wifi. Did you make any changes to your network around the time the problem started.

One small point: it can't have worked like a charm for the first 6 months because we only got the Roon Ready update from Devialet on 19 February, a bit over 5 months ago. When did your problems start? It would be great if you could give a reasonably accurate date so that it could be checked against the dates of Roon updates and possibly updates for your network hardware.
Actually it started on next Roon update after we got RAAT. I remember that my first thought was that Roon screwed the update, but later I forgot about it.

Roon needs Flow Control set correctly in the network. In my managed Linksys Switch I had to enable Flow Control for the Ports: Switch->Repeater->Router (this I did not expect), Switch->Devialet, Server->Switch. Without it it was unstable, dop out etc.. Also I had to configure Autonegotiation off and enable 100 Mb from the switch to the Devialet.  

Personally I think, the 100Mb issue is due to a bug in the code like memory leak etc., the worst would be that the NIC used by Devialet is sometimes incompatible to other NIC's, like in the late 90's where this was a common problem.  They should have used Intel NIC, I never have problems with those.
JRMC/ROON based Media Server - along C.A.P.S V4 Cortes (Win 10 Pro) -> LinkSys 5-Port Unmanaged Switch-> Media Renderer (JRMC; SoTM tx-USBexp, AQ NRG-Y3) ->Transparent AUdio Performance USB-> D220 PRO (AQ Blizzard)-> B&W 804S, Audeze LCD 2 Headphones; Audioquest Niagara 1200+AQ Blizzard; TV ->AQ Carbon Optical->D220 Pro
Finally there is a new update of Roon on the major bug - clearly saying that Devialet is 100% in charge of the fix. And also stating that they had so little feedback on it from Devialet Undecided
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/audio-f.../62008/115

Really hope things now get to an end - as we don‘t see any progress on new features at all, at least those major bugs should be addressed.
(04-Aug-2019, 07:09)markush Wrote: Finally there is a new update of Roon on the major bug - clearly saying that Devialet is 100% in charge of the fix. And also stating that they had so little feedback on it from Devialet Undecided
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/audio-f.../62008/115

Really hope things now get to an end - as we don‘t see any progress on new features at all, at least those major bugs should be addressed.

Do we have a rough idea how many percentage of people has the problem when using 1Gbps+RAAT?
No idea how many people have the problem but consider:

- Currently 4304 members on this forum

- There is a thread devoted to this issue (https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Roon-RAA...ing-slowly) that has been running since 14 February, almost 6 months now, with 279 posts to date.

So, with 4304 members we've got 279 posts in a bit under 6 months and nearly everyone in that thread has posted more than once, often multiple times. If we assume that the average number of posts in that thread from people with the problem is 5 (I suspect that it may be higher), then we may have around 60 or so members out of 4304 reporting the problem. Some respondents have reported that they don't have the problem including some who have posted more than once, That indicates the number of people with the problem is only a small percentage of this forum's total membership.

What we don't know is how many members are using Roon and of those members how many are using RAAT rather than Roon AIR.

If we go to the Roon forum thread on this issue (https://community.roonlabs.com/t/audio-f.../62008/128) which started on the same day as the thread here, we've got 126 posts over the same period and, once again, most people who have posted in that thread have posted multiple times.

What we don't know on that thread is how many Devialet owners post on the Roon forums and how many of them are using RAAT rather than Roon AIR but more than a few who post on that thread are also posting on this forum (same monikers).

And what we also don't know is how many people in total, including those who don't post on either forum) own a Devialet with the CI board and are using Roon and getting the problem.

At a rough guess without wasting half an hour or so going through and counting the actual posters who have reported the problem on either or both of those threads I'd say we've got at most 100 people who have reported the problem on one or both of those 2 threads. That's not a high number but, as I said, we don't know how many Deviaet owners have CI board Devialet's and are using Roon RAAT..

We also don't know how many people with the problem haven't reported it on either forum because they aren't members of either forum.

All I can say from looking at the numbers of posts in the threads dedicated to this issue here and on the Roon forum is that a low number of people are reporting the problem and that would tend to indicate that Roon's claim that most Devialet users are not experiencing the problem.

To quote an old joke line "I think we have a lack of information but I have nothing to base that opinion on".
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(04-Aug-2019, 20:59)David A Wrote: No idea how many people have the problem but consider:

- There is a thread devoted to this issue (https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Roon-RAA...ing-slowly) that has been running since 14 February, almost 6 months now, with 279 posts to date.

So, with 4304 members we've got 279 posts in a bit under 6 months and nearly everyone in that thread has posted more than once, often multiple times. If we assume that the average number of posts in that thread from people with the problem is 5 (I suspect that it may be higher), then we may have around 60 or so members out of 4304 reporting the problem. Some respondents have reported that they don't have the problem including some who have posted more than once, That indicates the number of people with the problem is only a small percentage of this forum's total membership.

What we don't know is how many members are using Roon and of those members how many are using RAAT rather than Roon AIR.

If we go to the Roon forum thread on this issue (https://community.roonlabs.com/t/audio-f.../62008/128) which started on the same day as the thread here, we've got 126 posts over the same period and, once again, most people who have posted in that thread have posted multiple times.

What we don't know on that thread is how many Devialet owners post on the Roon forums and how many of them are using RAAT rather than Roon AIR but more than a few who post on that thread are also posting on this forum (same monikers).

And what we also don't know is how many people in total, including those who don't post on either forum) own a Devialet with the CI board and are using Roon and getting the problem.

At a rough guess without wasting half an hour or so going through and counting the actual posters who have reported the problem on either or both of those threads I'd say we've got at most 100 people who have reported the problem on one or both of those 2 threads. That's not a high number but, as I said, we don't know how many Deviaet owners have CI board Devialet's and are using Roon RAAT..

We also don't know how many people with the problem haven't reported it on either forum because they aren't members of either forum.

All I can say from looking at the numbers of posts in the threads dedicated to this issue here and on the Roon forum is that a low number of people are reporting the problem and that would tend to indicate that Roon's claim that most Devialet users are not experiencing the problem.

To quote an old joke line "I think we have a lack of information but I have nothing to base that opinion on".
A high proportion of those 4304 members have never posted and a high proportion no longer post.

I wonder how many active posters there are out of the 4304 members?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(04-Aug-2019, 20:59)David A Wrote: No idea how many people have the problem but consider:

I used to use raat with wifi, don’t remember has any problem, most of the time is ok.
When John at Roon stated that most Roon/Devialet users don’t experience this problem, what was not indicated was how many users stream hi-res content using RAAT over a gigabit network. I suspect that’s not as big a percentage as we might think. Whatever the answer (assuming they even know), it doesn’t seem to be enough to raise the issue to a level of urgency.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(05-Aug-2019, 16:14)mdconnelly Wrote: When John at Roon stated that most Roon/Devialet users don’t experience this problem, what was not indicated was how many users stream hi-res content using RAAT over a gigabit network.  I suspect that’s not as big a percentage as we might think.  Whatever the answer (assuming they even know), it doesn’t seem to be enough to raise the issue to a level of urgency.

I think you are right.

Since the 6,5 years of my Devialet Journey, I got hardened and find other solutions to go along with, e.g.

1. At D170 times, I used JRMC and AIR for video -  working perfect, Lipsync, SQ fantastic. Since the AIR problems arrived I had switched to HDMI (AQ Carbon - originally AQ Pearl - what a big difference!) to TV and connect the TV with the optical input of the D220Pro with AQ Carbon optical. From SQ PoV it is in some cases better and in some cases AIR was better sounding. But I am used to HDMI/optical now for video playback.

2. For Audio  I uses Roon RAAT and JRMC/AIR and with a managed switch I got it working. But I would expect that there are many people out there who use USB and/or Aurender/Melco etc.. and they don't need AIR or Roon RAAT.
JRMC/ROON based Media Server - along C.A.P.S V4 Cortes (Win 10 Pro) -> LinkSys 5-Port Unmanaged Switch-> Media Renderer (JRMC; SoTM tx-USBexp, AQ NRG-Y3) ->Transparent AUdio Performance USB-> D220 PRO (AQ Blizzard)-> B&W 804S, Audeze LCD 2 Headphones; Audioquest Niagara 1200+AQ Blizzard; TV ->AQ Carbon Optical->D220 Pro
Haha - there seems to be nothing at all to raise the level to urgency at Devialet - as recent years have shown Wink
And again ROON‘s COO says it’s all up to Devialet and they are in charge for the fix. So as it‘s not on Roon‘s side we are depending on Devialet. And not a single feedback of it Sad