Poll: Which is your preferred UPnP control point?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Audirvana
16.82%
18 16.82%
JRiver
12.15%
13 12.15%
Kazoo
5.61%
6 5.61%
mConnect
8.41%
9 8.41%
BubbleUPnP
13.08%
14 13.08%
MediaMonkey
0.93%
1 0.93%
Synology MediaPlayer
2.80%
3 2.80%
Other
40.19%
43 40.19%
Total 107 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPnP control point survey
Devialet already know that RAAT is the most important thing and I am sure they will deliver this. They've seen this for example: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3943

This survey is very specific to UPnP, which is part of the CI feature set after all. I think it's refreshing that they are engaging with the DC community and want to know which CPs people prefer.

I can understand the frustration but this is surely a step in the right direction and should be applauded. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I voted other since I don't use UPnP.
I have used Audirvana over Air and Qobuz for any streaming, though I am largely back on CD with the odd Lp from time to time.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(02-May-2018, 19:45)GuillaumeB Wrote: Devialet already know that RAAT is the most important thing and I am sure they will deliver this. They've seen this for example: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3943

This survey is very specific to UPnP, which is part of the CI feature set after all. I think it's refreshing that they are engaging with the DC community and want to know which CPs people prefer.

I can understand the frustration but this is surely a step in the right direction and should be applauded

Guillaume

Guillaume

Sorry to say, but for myself, nothing Devialet do will be applauded until they firstly help myself with the issues I've had since the Core Infinity upgrade.

I appreciate you putting the survey on DC, but it's clear Devialet only care about one or 2 very select customers, and us other idiots customers don't matter.

I've emailed Devialet (Mathieu, via the Beta Software email) directly on multiple occasions over the last 4 weeks about the issues I have with my 1000Pro (2 x 250Pro's) after the CI upgrade, but virtual silence. I posted on the CI Log (Core Infinity Log - Celts88 Post), but again the usual Devialet silence

If you have the ear of someone within Devialet could you ask them to reply to their other customers, as at this time it appears they don't care about individuals (only a select few like yourself & Markus), and the rest of us (in my instance) stupid idiots who bought into Devialet  are left hanging waiting for titbits. I even phoned Devialet directly (I live in Austrlaia) and they wouldn't help me as they said I had to carry on with my email correspondence - 1 month of continual email correspondence and even when I ring them direct I can't get them to help me. 

I'm sorry if the above appears to be directed at yourself, but the only reason to write this on here (and go waaaaaay off subject) is that you have the ear of someone inside Devialet that the rest of us don't. Everything you have done here on Devialtchat is most appreciated, and again I apologise if the above appears as if I'm having a go at you, but that's not the case and everything you do is appreciated, but you seem to be one of the select few who can get through to Devialet.

Thanks in advance if you can pass on my message to Devialet (could they answer my multiple emails or post on Core Infinity Log), and would love to contribute to this poll, but I can't get UPnP to work with my 1000Pro so haven't participated in the survey.

Cheers
John

PS I voted 'Other' as I use Roon for listening to music via my Antipodes CX Music Server
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
I also voted for "Other" as I don't use UPnP but Roon 1.5.
RAAT and full MQA support are on my list of future upgrades, for now very happy with Roon/Air and everything is working fine.
Devialet Dione

Rotterdam, NL
I voted “Other” as I have no use for UPnP.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(02-May-2018, 22:17)Celts88 Wrote: Guillaume

I'm sorry if the above appears to be directed at yourself, but the only reason to write this on here (and go waaaaaay off subject) is that you have the ear of someone inside Devialet that the rest of us don't. Everything you have done here on Devialtchat is most appreciated, and again I apologise if the above appears as if I'm having a go at you, but that's not the case and everything you do is appreciated, but you seem to be one of the select few who can get through to Devialet.

John

John

Wrong place for this reply but ... Guillaume and I chat a lot about Devialet and how they chose to interact (or not) with their customers. I think it is fair to say that Guillaume does not have the ear of anyone in Devialet except when they want to interact with him.

In the UK we don't even have a distributor as Devialet do the distribution direct; and it is fair to say that dealers here know little, if anything, more than customers. I suggest your best bet is to try your dealer and your country distributor who you sourced your Devialet(s) from, as the situation may be different where you are.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Ian

I don't agree, partly.

I did apologise (twice) for bringing up the subject within this thread, but I do feel it was acceptable to firstly raise the issue that I didn't think Devialet should be applauded. From my perspective, they've shown contempt to their customers with their lack of correspondence/info, and feel that reaching out to an individual to raise a survey about UPnP on a forum, that they themselves could easily do on their own website appears cowardly to myself.

I wouldn't be asking the question if I could get a satisfactory answer from my dealer, distributor or Devialet themselves (I don't think I could put the words my dealer thought of Devialet on a public forum, to say they were scathing is an understatement).

Where I do agree is with Guillaume putting the survey on DC for the benefit of it's members, and appreciate that his thoughts are for us. There have been numerous surveys in the past on DC that Devialet appear to have ignored, or paid little attention, and this is not Guillaume's doing so I do applaud his work in trying to get a positive out of a negative (Devialet not doing the survey themselves).

Again sorry that the above has gone off subject, and I did participate in the survey, even though I can't get UPnP to work in my set-up, and like the majority put 'Other' (use Roon exclusively for my music).

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(02-May-2018, 19:07)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(02-May-2018, 12:53)petrik Wrote:
(02-May-2018, 12:15)thumb5 Wrote: Might it also be worth having a "none" option, to help Devialet gauge the overall level of interest in UPnP?

That would be nice. I would select "none" as I don't have any interest in UPnP.

Selected other = none and no interest.

Flattering for guillaume and the forum, but I actually think it’s hugely disappointing that Devialet chose to ask the DC community about this feature over everything else they could have asked and got involved in now or over the past years. Had the poll been gauging RAAT interest, room correction, or any of the number of features discussed at length over the years, it would have been something to celebrate.

Exactly. I was thinking the same.

Anyway, I selected "other" as I'm using Roon and have no interest in UPnP.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
I voted "other" because I don't use UPnP.

Grimm Audio MU1 (Roon+Qobuz)  ~   D220 Pro CI   ~   Magico A5
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond ethernet; Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU
Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
Resonance Control: Bassocontinuo (rack); CeraBase slimline (footers)
The Netherlands -                        - August 2023 -
For me also other, Ich use roon with air, hopefully soon with RAAT

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk