Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unofficial remote control application for Expert
(12-Jan-2021, 12:45)gnulabis Wrote:
(12-Jan-2021, 10:23)garyUK Wrote: @gnulabis, what exactly would you want in a wireshark capture?

I haven't tried your app on my MacBook pro yet but I have tried the official android app. Although the app says it may not work properly because of the later version of android on my phone it all seemed OK e.g. it showed all of my inputs (with correct names) and I could switch between them, change volume etc.

Let me know what you'd like in the capture.

Thanks.

If you know how to use wireshark, you can start a capture with your Devialet switched on, let it capture for 5-10seconds and then try to mute/unmute, change a couple of channels and adjust the volume a bit using the official application. Then just save the capture and I'll have a look. The only important thing is that once you start doing the various operations, you write down what you did (and in what order) so that I can make sense of the various captured packets.

Many thanks!

Ah sorry, forgot. Unless you run wireshark on the device that is running the remote control application (difficult, I had to install tcpdump on my android phone and connect it over USB to my PC), you will not capture the commands. If you cannot do that, then simply do a few seconds of a capture with the Devialet switched on and send me that. I will already be able to see what the UDP status packet sent by Devialet looks like in your case.
Devialet Expert 200 | Linn Sondek LP12 | KEF LS50
@gnulabis, Because I don't usually run wireshark on any of my macs I'll need to install it (I usually use it on Linux) although I'm not sure whether macos will allow switching to monitor and/or promiscuous modes.

However, macs do have tcpdump installed and this is used as part of the built in diagnostics that can be switched on for troubleshooting wifi. Using this feature I've captured what is being received when my 440pro is powered up. 

The attached zip contains a  'pcap' file.  (subset of what was captured).

Have a look and see if its of any use.

Attached Files
.zip   devialet.pcap.zip (Size: 948 bytes / Downloads: 2)
Gary.

Expert 440Pro, Audiovector SR6 AA, Linn KDSM, McIntosh MCD600, Clarity 09 TT (with Rega RB1000/Apheta), Rega IOS, Marantz SR6014
(12-Jan-2021, 22:02)garyUK Wrote: @gnulabis, Because I don't usually run wireshark on any of my macs I'll need to install it (I usually use it on Linux) although I'm not sure whether macos will allow switching to monitor and/or promiscuous modes.

However, macs do have tcpdump installed and this is used as part of the built in diagnostics that can be switched on for troubleshooting wifi. Using this feature I've captured what is being received when my 440pro is powered up. 

The attached zip contains a  'pcap' file.  (subset of what was captured).

Have a look and see if its of any use.

Many thanks @garyUK. Indeed, there seems to be an issue with the number of outputs provided by the dual mono setup.

There must be somewhere in the packet a field that tells us how many channels there are to iterate over.
Devialet Expert 200 | Linn Sondek LP12 | KEF LS50
just thought i would add to the conversation, 
that a couple years ago now i built a windows app for controlling my Devialet 200 at the time (now 220pro CI) via the RS232 3.5mm jack & made a post on this forum, here's a link to the thread RS232 controller (devialetchat.com

not quite the same as it requires a cable between pc and amp, but in my case i have a dedicated pc so i use RS232.

but i don't use the app i wrote anymore, instead i have setup a similar system using EventGhost home automation software which essentially allows me to make a remote and tell the buttons to send commands via RS232(or whatever). 

but using ip control is probably the better option Smile
@gnulabis, Did you manage to get anywhere with the file? If I get a chance I'll see if I can get some more (different) data.

Thanks.
Gary.

Expert 440Pro, Audiovector SR6 AA, Linn KDSM, McIntosh MCD600, Clarity 09 TT (with Rega RB1000/Apheta), Rega IOS, Marantz SR6014