Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update coming this week
(24-Aug-2015, 14:23)eibet Wrote: Devialet now confirmed that the update will be available at the end of this week as everything had now been approved.
Looking forward to seeing what changes have been made and how the Bluetooth connection is set up.

Seems like a bit of a non event so far!
Almost annoyed...

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk
(30-Aug-2015, 14:34)lorhan Wrote: Almost annoyed...

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

I feel deceived. Why do they say that everything is approved and the update is ready when it's clearly not. I really like the Phantom as a concept, but it seems that they are far from ready to be sold to the Public.
Well, on the 25th they told me that the firmware update would take place on Monday (i.e. tomorrow).
Makes sense to me they didn't release it on a Friday - the last thing they'd need would be for an issue to come to light with no-one working at the weekend to assist with a fix...
Think most news will be announced around the IFA event - which is relevant for the whole European / global market.
(30-Aug-2015, 15:38)EvPa Wrote: Well, on the 25th they told me that the firmware update would take place on Monday (i.e. tomorrow).

Any news on the update coming today?
Do you think there is going to be an update today, don't get so hope so. They have been saying that for the last 3 month I think.
I think we have to get used to the idea they are a french company and french people are always late and they don't care. Maybe is the same thing with french corporations. :-)

The bad thing is that costumers service still saying "this week" it is like they have to lie to people, but I don't know why the have to do that, if they don't have any update they just have to say it and that's it.

The Phantom system as concept is brilliant! But they are ruining the image of this concept. The system has still a lot bugs and doesn't really works as it should. Devialet it is hardware acoustic engineering company, they do build brilliant sound system equipment. What they are not is a software company, and they should, because now they have a brilliant product that is failing in this field.
The Phantom needs a a better software (firmware, App) to run the internal hardware system really smoothly.

They are really going to fail in the USA if they continued like this. People in general love updates and updates that makes a different for better performers.

(31-Aug-2015, 09:27)eibet Wrote:
(30-Aug-2015, 15:38)EvPa Wrote: Well, on the 25th they told me that the firmware update would take place on Monday (i.e. tomorrow).

Any news on the update coming today?
Do you think there is going to be an update today, don't get so hope so. They have been saying that for the last 3 month I think.
I think we have to get used to the idea they are a french company and french people are always late and they don't care. Maybe is the same thing with french corporations. :-)

The bad thing is that costumers service still saying "this week" it is like they have to lie to people, but I don't know why the have to do that, if they don't have any update they just have to say it and that's it.

The Phantom system as concept is brilliant! But they are ruining the image of this concept. The system has still a lot bugs and doesn't really works as it should. Devialet it is hardware acoustic engineering company, they do build brilliant sound system equipment. What they are not is a software company, and they should, because now they have a brilliant product that is failing in this field.
The Phantom needs a a better software (firmware, App) to run the internal hardware system really smoothly.

They are really going to fail in the USA if they continued like this. People in general love updates and updates that makes a different for better performers.
@Carloscdk, if you are not happy about anything French in general, I suggest you stay away from Devialet!

As for the concept of firmware updates I believe that Devialet are one of the very few companies in the hifi world to have such an approach. So, a few software hick ups for a new product should not be too much of a problem especially when the hardware is brilliant!! Give them a bit of time to sort things out!

A frenchman ;-)

- Tristan -