Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update coming this week
This issue with the volume really bothers me.

I used to like the scale volume before, I used like that at volume 10 it was a good loudness for my living room. and if I wanted to play a bit louder 20 to 30 was perfect! But now it is really difficult to find the right loudness, because from 40 up the volume goes so drastically so loud.

The sounds quality may be the same, but the change in the volume scale it was so drastically, that it lost the wow factor the Phantom used gave me. I don't know if is something psychologic in my head, but the dynamic range of the bass at low volume doesn't have that much impact any more.

Maybe is a reason why Devialet did that radical change, but without any explanation some people may get disappoint, because one time you get used to something you don't like that big radical changes, at least without a good explanation.

I also start to have some issues that I didn't have before. like hissing sound and lost of connection. Something I didn't have before. Also the desktop app is behaving a bit strange is disappearing for like a fraction of a second and goes back to normal.

I read something before here in this chatroom that I am so agree. Who is the software designer, an amature, a freelancer person? Devialet needs to have the best of the best to represent well the ecosystem of the company. Better design in the software area, and graphic area.

I do not like the new UI of the app, and I didn't like the old version either, doesn't represent well the Devialet company at all. That is just my opinion.

- Another problem that I have now is the play queue. The music list in the queue is being removed automatically, happens already twice.

- The hissing problem like a mention before is getting worse, specially if I play music through my CD player that is connected with an optical cable to the Dialog.

- I can't control the volume for an individual Phantom in other rooms. I have 4 Phantom silver at home, 2 are an stereo setup in the living-room, one in dining-room as solo, and the other in the bedroom as solo (now calls mix). The problem now is that if I want to play the same music through all of them, they run at the same volume. I can't control individually the volume of the one in the dining-room or in the bedroom. That was possible before, but not any longer with the new update. This is pretty annoying, please Devialet do something at SAP.

Please return the volume scale as it was before, in my opinion it was much, much better that way.

My wife is so upset with this system that she want me to return it, I may start to think she may be right. But I do love the concept of this system...a lot! So I am hoping for better updates as soon as possible.