Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update coming this week
So? What's new with this firmware?
Anything about the delay?
I Update the App and the firmware already!

I am so disappointed already! The volume of the Phantom is not longer that high as before.

Before at volume of 10 it was a great sound volume, enough for my apartment, now at 10 is almost not sound at all! :-(
I have to go until 35 to get a sound that normally was 10 before! :-((

I don't know what to think any more.
Installed OSX, IOS versions and updated Phantoms and Dialog. All available at once! Chapeau! It seems Devialet waited until Apple put the new version of Spark in AppleStore. This explains the delays. We should open new threads for The new firmware and new Spark software. At first glance it works.
The volumen of my phantom is so low now!

And now I can't even control the volume of different rooms, all the Phantoms run in the same volume and really poor volume.

The Volume start from 35 and up, but if you just go up until 40, the volume go so loud just like that.

The volume scale from 5 to 30 is quite poor now and music doesn't sound as good as before.
(01-Sep-2015, 16:43)Carloscdk Wrote: The volumen of my phantom is so low now!

And now I can't even control the volume of different rooms, all the Phantoms run in the same volume and really poor volume.

The Volume start from 35 and up, but if you just go up until 40, the volume go so loud just like that.

The volume scale from 5 to 30 is quite poor now and music doesn't sound as good as before.

Same here. I think the sound quality is quite poorer after the update.

And even if I like the fact that the volume scale is better from 5 to 35, it's getting louder way too fast after 40.
I have 3 silvers and dialog, now hissing in all of them as well as the lower volume issue (sounds muffled at lower volumes, opens up better at louder but still not as good as before). Did not have any hissing before the update. Sad

Andreas
No hissing before or after the update.
I haven't ever had any hissing on mine, but also no bluetooth since they are the first batch from the Devialet store.
I am bemused by the "better" volume control claim for the update. It is still a slightly unintuitive slider type working just the same way but now the volume law is ridiculous with, as other mentioned, 35 being about as loud as 10 used to be so the volume control is coarser above this.
Sound wise I don't think there is any difference, except a bigger number is needed in the volume window for the same loudness. It still goes plenty loud...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Did Devialet hire an intern to come up with this ridiculus regime of volume control? I can not imagine that a serious usability testing could conclude that this non-linearity in the loudness would be best for customers. I do not see any use in volumes below 15 and have a hard time to get the right volume set above of 45. But also between 35 and 45 the volume rise is shocking compared to what happens from 20-35. Please Devialet ship asap a firmware version 1.3.0.32 that corrects this or gives us choice to choose on sets of volume control.
Please post impressions of the new firmware in the firmware thread. Valuable information could get lost if posts regarding the same topic is posted in several threads.
Kind regards.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage