Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade D-Prem?
(05-Jun-2014, 13:39)Ekmanc Wrote: I sent mine in for upgrade yesterday, can't wait to get it back Smile
I have decided to upgrade my D-Premier so I am waiting for the FEDEX airwaybill details to arrive!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(23-Jun-2014, 15:01)ogs Wrote:
(05-Jun-2014, 13:39)Ekmanc Wrote: I sent mine in for upgrade yesterday, can't wait to get it back Smile
I have decided to upgrade my D-Premier so I am waiting for the FEDEX airwaybill details to arrive!

I am waiting for mine to be returned very soon Tongue
Mine came back and don't work properly so they have to go back again. There is definitely a hardware problem (SD card slots, one doesn't consistently read the SD card and the other does but the latching system doesn't work so removing the card is a faff)
Maybe software too, my stereo image depth has gone, width fine but only 2 dimensional. I have tried a single unit to see if it is a phase anomaly when 2 are linked but it seems not. Tried V6 firmware again, still 2D stereo.
Hopefully there is a hardware fault they can fix Sad
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I got mine back last week and I am very happy with the upgrade. In my setup I experience much better bass control and a more fleshed out sound with more weight. It also seems cleaner overall, less distorsion maybe? I can definitely play louder now and the sound never gets bright or harsh as it did sometimes before.
I sent mine 2 weeks ago and I am waiting not so patiently. My D-premier optical inputs(which I used with a AK120) worked only up to 176/24. i hope the renewed unit can do 192/24.
Does anyone know the present turnaround time?
(30-Jun-2014, 02:12)Music or sound Wrote: I sent mine 2 weeks ago and I am waiting not so patiently. My D-premier optical inputs(which I used with a AK120) worked only up to 176/24. i hope the renewed unit can do 192/24.

It took me about two weeks to get it back. Try emailing Muriel and ask for an estimated delivery date, she is very helplful.
(30-Jun-2014, 02:12)Music or sound Wrote: I sent mine 2 weeks ago and I am waiting not so patiently. My D-premier optical inputs(which I used with a AK120) worked only up to 176/24. i hope the renewed unit can do 192/24.

Mine took around 3 weeks each. They kindly did them one at a time so I was not without one.
The first unit returned only played up to 24/96 on the optical input. Thierry made sure the second one worked to 24/196 so it is now the master.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I agree with some of the earlier comments re the D-Prem vs the 170. I auditioned the 170 vs the 240 last year, and found that the 240 was far better, the main difference I noticed was the bass becoming a little "muddy" with the 170, whereas with the 240 where it was "like hi" def bass in comparison. This was with Kef Blades, which are not the easiest of loads with 4 bass drivers in each cabinet. I believe there is less of a difference with some speakers, but with the Blades it was night and day. So there must be some difference electronically between the 170 / 240 (or 200 / 250 as we are now). Plus, why does 2 x 200 = 400, whereas 2 x 250 = 800? Can this all be down to the case and cooling? I'm not so sure. The truth is out there! (or not, it is certainly well hidden)
No, there is no difference between 200 / 250 except the case : that's the same V5 board… But I think that the case allows the extra power… and it should have an other main soft, in order to differentiate the 2 levels of amp in term of marketing positioning...
So the extra £4k or so for the 250 is just for a slightly different case? That's one expensive box! And if all the case does is improve cooling, buy a fridge to put it in or buy a fan! The suggestion here is that the Devialet's "marketing positioning" is simply a way to get more money, via the 250, out of people who have more money.