Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade D-Prem?
Finally upgraded mine. I was planning a trip to Paris to have the upgrade done at Devialet, but the brazilian distributor was able to get the upgrade kit sent to Brazil and I did it here. Took him half a day to do the parts swapping, testing e repackaging. Reinstalled it yesterday and listened a bit, seems very promising. I'm using SAM, as my speakers are B&W 802Ds.
(25-Nov-2014, 14:25)victornba Wrote: Finally upgraded mine. I was planning a trip to Paris to have the upgrade done at Devialet, but the brazilian distributor was able to get the upgrade kit sent to Brazil and I did it here. Took him half a day to do the parts swapping, testing e repackaging. Reinstalled it yesterday and listened a bit, seems very promising. I'm using SAM, as my speakers are B&W 802Ds.

So do You think that sound of 250 is better than sound of Premier? What are Yours first impressions?
(25-Nov-2014, 14:25)victornba Wrote: Finally upgraded mine. I was planning a trip to Paris to have the upgrade done at Devialet, but the brazilian distributor was able to get the upgrade kit sent to Brazil and I did it here. Took him half a day to do the parts swapping, testing e repackaging. Reinstalled it yesterday and listened a bit, seems very promising. I'm using SAM, as my speakers are B&W 802Ds.

and what do you think of the B&W 802Ds with D250?
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Hello moreno and amabrok. First impressions are of a deeper, more focused soundstage while keeping all the qualities that made me like the D-Premier with the 802Ds. Regarding SAM, I listened to maybe 2 or 3 songs, one of them was Elektro Kardiogramm by Kraftwerk while switching SAM on and off. The impact of SAM was subtle on the bass, maybe even lowering/taming it a bit, making it a bit more articulate. But then these are very early impressions with no running in whatsoever, the next few days should be interesting.

All my listening was done using AIR/WiFi, had to raise the buffer to 1s to test high high res material that I rarely listen to, so I didn't get weird noises, previously it was on the lowest setting, 50ms. Source was a Mac Mini with mostly ALAC files ripped from my CDs. I'll try today Air-Ethernet and later on USB.
Upgrading a D-Premier is still possible as it seems
Stereo: Sonus Faber Amati Futura - Graphite -> Yter Loudspeaker Cable -> Devialet D250 - Chrome -> LessLoss DFPC Orginal Powercord
Source: Mac Mini -> Devialet Air Ethernet
Control: iPad Air / iPhone 5S -> Apple Remote
(26-Nov-2014, 11:20)IGuardianI Wrote: Upgrading a D-Premier is still possible as it seems

It is in some locations....I just sent mine in AudioPlus here in the states. My understanding is that as long as the local region can manage the upgrade it can still be done.

Devialet in Paris is not able to perform these anymore since they are overwhelmed with current orders.

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
(26-Nov-2014, 19:15)adhesiv Wrote: Devialet in Paris is not able to perform these anymore since they are overwhelmed with current orders.

I have heard unconfirmed rumours of 10k units a year... I believe the Devialets are outselling pretty much everything else combined!!! It's extraordinary that such a small company can keep up with demand.

Some of Devialet's competitors must be really feeling this. It wasn't a particularly healthy market to start with.

I just hope they don't forget their roots and go all mass market on us.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(26-Nov-2014, 19:20)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(26-Nov-2014, 19:15)adhesiv Wrote: Devialet in Paris is not able to perform these anymore since they are overwhelmed with current orders.

I have heard unconfirmed rumours of 10k units a year... I believe the Devialets are outselling pretty much everything else combined!!! It's extraordinary that such a small company can keep up with demand.

Some of Devialet's competitors must be really feeling this. It wasn't a particularly healthy market to start with.

I just hope they don't forget their roots and go all mass market on us.

Guillaume

Agree...i think they may eventually find a way to do something like Pioneer/TAD so they can address both markets...long term they need the mass market.

That said, i just want them to stop the teasing on some of their marketing stuff and give us some kind of roadmap insight so we know when (for sure) things like DSD etc. are coming.

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
Just read this on Facebook:

Quote:Hello Karoly, it will not be for free , but we are opening again the D-premier upgrade at the factory for a second and last time. Order the upgrade and ship your D-Premier in December, and you will get it back upgrade as a 250 by end of January.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(28-Nov-2014, 15:16)Antoine Wrote: Just read this on Facebook:

Quote:Hello Karoly, it will not be for free , but we are opening again the D-premier upgrade at the factory for a second and last time. Order the upgrade and ship your D-Premier in December, and you will get it back upgrade as a 250 by end of January.

I rushed to get mine in before the end of July; the reason they gave for the original deadline was because they wanted to focus their energies on the new platform. I think there was also an issue with getting parts.

Anyway, I'm pleased for D-Prem owners that they have the opportunity to upgrade. Definite (but subtle) sound improvements, but - more importantly - future proofing the device.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB