Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade D-Prem?
(03-Jul-2014, 21:29)f1eng Wrote:
(02-Jul-2014, 22:29)darthsteph Wrote: Some interesting thing, on the nz Devialet website :
"The Devialet without compromise for enthusiasts. Equipped with complete options, over-powerful, twin 250's configured as 670W mono-blocks and totally upgradable. Exclusive solid aluminium hand-polished frame."

On this site, the 800 is presented as 2 x 670W monoblocs…

http://www.devialet.co.nz/catalog/
&
http://www.devialet.co.nz/play/

Maybe there are consumer regulations or an importer who uses 8 ohms as the standard load for power specs??
The Devialet specs are into an unusual (for the english speaking countries at least) load of 6 ohms.
Some other continental makers don't use 8ohms but the tradition here and the US, and so maybe NZ and Oz has been 8 ohms for yonks, and that is what those magazines that test kit use too.

OK, but the Devialet 400 specifications are 2 x 400 W on this site… And it's 6 ohms value...
If you click the "download full specs" section on the Devialet website, you still get the old model spec sheets, and to quote "Maximum output 2x240W under 6Ω or 1x500W under 8Ω". So Devialet themselves are inconsistent between 6 & 8 ohms. 500watts at 8 ohms is probably not far away from 670watts at 6 ohms.

I also note that the 250 / 800 slave is listed at Euro10000. Which is more or less the same as the uk price with the limited period 15% offer......

(Full 250 is Euro12900, or just over £10k sterling)

Coach trip to Paris anyone? If they did 15% of the Euro price I think I might even organise one.....
(11-Jul-2014, 21:38)Confused Wrote: Coach trip to Paris anyone? If they did 15% of the Euro price I think I might even organise one.....

The impression I got from the e-mail is that they are offering 15% off the euro price.

If that is the case I could travel by Eurostar London-Paris return for £69, visit Maison Devialet, buy a 200 slave unit, have a really nice lunch and still save £500 off the UK price... In fact that sounds like a really good day out.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Yes, you'll get 15% of the euro price !!! I have checked with them...
(12-Jul-2014, 00:04)darthsteph Wrote: Yes, you'll get 15% of the euro price !!! I have checked with them...

OK, I'll need about 30 or 40 of us for my coach trip.... Otherwise, I would suggest we just sit behind @PillP on Eurostar.

Thinking about it, I like Eurostar very much, and absolutely loathe coach trips.....
Hmm, this is tempting...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Upgrade nightmare!
I decided to upgrade because I am using the cross-over function and improved DSP would allow better functionality (hopefully) even I am not convinced of any significant sonic improvement. I wanted to minimize the time I am without my unit and music. As I am living in California I had to deal with Audioplus to perform the upgrade. I talked to them in May (RA was generated) but only shipped my unit in June just before I took a week long trip. The shipping took 6 days, the slowest option possible. When I inquired after 3.5 weeks, they told me they are out of parts. After 5 weeks they finally finished and in an other week I should receive it back as a D250. Audioplus should have properly planned for parts to perform the upgrade promptly and also the shipping within the US is ridiculous. The costs for the upgrade are quite high and for that I should expect expedient service and shipping.
I was very impressed with the sound and functionality of Devialet but this service is totally unacceptable!
My first D-Premier was back as 240 within less than 2 weeks. The second one I bought just now was sent in by the dealer and was also back within 2 weeks. So the question is if this is really a problem of Devialet or with your docal distributor...
(19-Jul-2014, 05:29)Music or sound Wrote: Upgrade nightmare!
I decided to upgrade because I am using the cross-over function and improved DSP would allow better functionality (hopefully) even I am not convinced of any significant sonic improvement. I wanted to minimize the time I am without my unit and music. As I am living in California I had to deal with Audioplus to perform the upgrade. I talked to them in May (RA was generated) but only shipped my unit in June just before I took a week long trip. The shipping took 6 days, the slowest option possible. When I inquired after 3.5 weeks, they told me they are out of parts. After 5 weeks they finally finished and in an other week I should receive it back as a D250. Audioplus should have properly planned for parts to perform the upgrade promptly and also the shipping within the US is ridiculous. The costs for the upgrade are quite high and for that I should expect expedient service and shipping.
I was very impressed with the sound and functionality of Devialet but this service is totally unacceptable!

I wonder if, by putting a deadline on the D-Prem upgrades, they have had a huge influx of machines to upgrade?

I'm not saying that's any excuse for having to wait so long, but probably inevitable if they underestimated demand.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
I sent it directly to the distributor - no dealer invoved. They told me they had only 3 units waiting for parts i.e. no excessive backlog.