Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vibration Control
I think what makes us (me) more cynical with this kind of thing (and cables) is that the most expensive materials on earth seem to have exactly the right properties for dealing with all audio issues.

'Diamond not giving you the soundstage you need, use pink diamond with rubidium feet for the ultimate sound, or for a truly magical system, use three pink diamonds together' etc. It's hard not to think someone's taking the Michael.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(29-Feb-2016, 23:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I think what makes us (me) more cynical with this kind of thing (and cables) is that the most expensive materials on earth seem to have exactly the right properties for dealing with all audio issues.

'Diamond not giving you the soundstage you need, use pink diamond with rubidium feet for the ultimate sound, or for a truly magical system, use three pink diamonds together' etc. It's hard not to think someone's taking the Michael.....

They are.  It's science.
QNAP TS-453 > ROON on Intel NUC 5i5RYK running Win10 > AIR ethernet to D200 via router > Focal Sopra No 2
(29-Feb-2016, 23:06)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(29-Feb-2016, 23:02)Confused Wrote:
(29-Feb-2016, 22:52)TDA Wrote: Hey confused.

Please note that I have not bought the pieces yet. I am returning most of it. I am thinking of keeping the pucks under my speakers. But I am also considering returning it all. Because I can't actually hear a difference of only the pucks.. I need it all to hear a difference..
Yes indeed, I did note your earlier posts, and it looked to me like you are taking a sensible approach.  

To be honest, I'd love to borrow and try some of this stuff myself, but in the end I doubt I'd ever part with too much hard cash!

Hi Brian next time you speak to Jon (when he gets back from NZ) ask him about the impact that the Diamond Ansuz pucks had. Seriously mate I'm not mucking around. Night and day improvement in my system. 

Guillaume

Hey guillaume.

I should say that i am sort of a critic when it comes to my system. How is it that on your system it makes a huge difference, and on mine it doesn't make any. The dealer installed it, so i Cannot make it wrong. He has a ingoing knowledge about these pucks.

I am not trying to be rude. Simply trying to understand why these pucks can have a HUGE impact on other systems, and on mine not something i can hear.

And i must say again. All the anzus together Sound perfect.
(01-Mar-2016, 06:47)TDA Wrote:
(29-Feb-2016, 23:02)Confused Wrote: Yes indeed, I did note your earlier posts, and it looked to me like you are taking a sensible approach.  

To be honest, I'd love to borrow and try some of this stuff myself, but in the end I doubt I'd ever part with too much hard cash!

Hi Brian next time you speak to Jon (when he gets back from NZ) ask him about the impact that the Diamond Ansuz pucks had. Seriously mate I'm not mucking around. Night and day improvement in my system. 

Guillaume

Hey guillaume.

I should say that i am sort of a critic when it comes to my system. How is it that on your system it makes a huge difference, and on mine it doesn't make any. The dealer installed it, so i Cannot make it wrong. He has a ingoing knowledge about these pucks.

I am not trying to be rude. Simply trying to understand why these pucks can have a HUGE impact on other systems, and on mine not something i can hear.

I feel that perhaps one dont need to get a brands most expensive things to get a good synergy. Many dealers always focus on the expensive products (more profit) and dont seam to have a connection to the real world.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(29-Feb-2016, 23:02)Confused Wrote: Yes indeed, I did note your earlier posts, and it looked to me like you are taking a sensible approach.  

Guillaume

Hey guillaume.

How about adding a signature so that I can see what equipment you are using? That would be helpful.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(29-Feb-2016, 23:38)Confused Wrote:
(29-Feb-2016, 23:06)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi Brian next time you speak to Jon (when he gets back from NZ) ask him about the impact that the Diamond Ansuz pucks had. Seriously mate I'm not mucking around. Night and day improvement in my system. 

Guillaume

It could make an interesting back to back test, Ansuz vs Herbie's rubbery things.

I'm ever the cynic, but I'll try most things!

When Jon visited I actually had the Ceramic pucks, my mistake.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(01-Mar-2016, 09:03)GuillaumeB Wrote: How about adding a signature so that I can see what equipment you are using? That would be helpful.

Guillaume

+1
It sure is difficult from the distance to know where the problem in one's audio chain is but the minimal is to know his audio components and if possible some pictures of the room.

I don't want to offend and I don't know the Anzus puks, but if you, TDA, can't hear a difference there is something quiet wrong with your system and/or room acoustics. The more flaws there are in your room/system the less you notice any improvement of some puks underneath e.g. your Devs. If nothing is tuned with the room and/or system you might have a rather dull performing audio system compared to a fully tuned room/system.

It's sad to say, but I experienced the same with many customers I accoustomed. For example there was an audio system consisting of a CEC-Drive, D250, WA Sophia III. Cabels were/are Klinger-Favre (AES/EBU), 2x4m Tellurium Blue Diamond, a single 10m powercable from powerstrip to fusebox and some shielded power cables I don't know the brand. Customer is an experienced "high ender" and for me the components of his audiosystem was "not so bad" all together  Wink  . Normal of a living room, nothing special, no big acoustic reverberation, not much of glas interior. Everything was fine. But for me the system played dull, slow, it had kind of depth in soundstage but was just 2d on stage. So I wasn't impressed...but the customer thought I would be. I mean, who would not expect to be impressed spending nearby 45k€ on his audio. And there was no crap with his components.

So there is a hugh discrepancy in what a "standard" audiosystem, although put together with concern, and a tuned audiosystem/room sounds like.

At first, when we started, the tuning steps were not "so" apparent to him although obvious to me (TDA wrote just that and that's what I remembered). But as we went further down that road and some days later the room got so much better that one could easily distinguish the differences with every step of tuning be it a cable, puk, ionisator, lamp, etc. 

What I want to say to TDA is, that you have to go step by step. Perhaps you should begin with your room. One can not know by distance where the biggest flaw in your audio is, but I'm sure there is one. And I am sure once you begin and things are improving it will be easily for you to hear the improvements these anzus-puks made to your Devs. Just keep going and try out as long as your dealer's with you.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
(01-Mar-2016, 16:18)yabaVR Wrote:
(01-Mar-2016, 09:03)GuillaumeB Wrote: How about adding a signature so that I can see what equipment you are using? That would be helpful.

Guillaume

+1
It sure is difficult from the distance to know where the problem in one's audio chain is but the minimal is to know his audio components and if possible some pictures of the room.

I don't want to offend and I don't know the Anzus puks, but if you, TDA, can't hear a difference there is something quiet wrong with your system and/or room acoustics. The more flaws there are in your room/system the less you notice any improvement of some puks underneath e.g. your Devs. If nothing is tuned with the room and/or system you might have a rather dull performing audio system compared to a fully tuned room/system.

It's sad to say, but I experienced the same with many customers I accoustomed. For example there was an audio system consisting of a CEC-Drive, D250, WA Sophia III. Cabels were/are Klinger-Favre (AES/EBU), 2x4m Tellurium Blue Diamond, a single 10m powercable from powerstrip to fusebox and some shielded power cables I don't know the brand. Customer is an experienced "high ender" and for me the components of his audiosystem was "not so bad" all together  Wink  . Normal of a living room, nothing special, no big acoustic reverberation, not much of glas interior. Everything was fine. But for me the system played dull, slow, it had kind of depth in soundstage but was just 2d on stage. So I wasn't impressed...but the customer thought I would be. I mean, who would not expect to be impressed spending nearby 45k€ on his audio. And there was no crap with his components.

So there is a hugh discrepancy in what a "standard" audiosystem, although put together with concern, and a tuned audiosystem/room sounds like.

At first, when we started, the tuning steps were not "so" apparent to him although obvious to me (TDA wrote just that and that's what I remembered). But as we went further down that road and some days later the room got so much better that one could easily distinguish the differences with every step of tuning be it a cable, puk, ionisator, lamp, etc. 

What I want to say to TDA is, that you have to go step by step. Perhaps you should begin with your room. One can not know by distance where the biggest flaw in your audio is, but I'm sure there is one. And I am sure once you begin and things are improving it will be easily for you to hear the improvements these anzus-puks made to your Devs. Just keep going and try out as long as your dealer's with you.

gui

Hello yabaVR

Thank you for writting.

You are right in some point. My room is crap at the moment and that is my main problem. But i also admit that anzus makes a big difference , when all is installed. But maybe my room acoustics makes it hard to separate eachs step.

I will try and replace some of the pucks again and see if it still doesn't make a difference.
(01-Mar-2016, 09:03)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(29-Feb-2016, 23:06)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi Brian next time you speak to Jon (when he gets back from NZ) ask him about the impact that the Diamond Ansuz pucks had. Seriously mate I'm not mucking around. Night and day improvement in my system. 

Guillaume

Hey guillaume.

How about adding a signature so that I can see what equipment you are using? That would be helpful.

Guillaume

I have Audiovector SR6 avantgarde arreté speakers. D400. Aurender n100h

Speaker cables are Audiovector avantgarde zero compression.
(01-Mar-2016, 16:18)yabaVR Wrote: I don't want to offend and I don't know the Anzus puks, but if you, TDA, can't hear a difference there is something quiet wrong with your system and/or room acoustics. The more flaws there are in your room/system the less you notice any improvement of some puks underneath e.g. your Devs. If nothing is tuned with the room and/or system you might have a rather dull performing audio system compared to a fully tuned room/system.

Maybe this is correct.  However, there is an alternative hypothesis.  Maybe the performance of the electronics in TDA's system are not in any significant way influenced by the low level vibrations that products like puks claim to reduce.  In this scenario, the puks would not make any real audible difference irrespective of how it is set up, no product would.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12