Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which brand power conditioner fit for devialet
(28-Apr-2020, 09:16)David A Wrote: I haven't seen a P3 in use. I borrowed my dealer's store demo P5 for trial before ordering the P12 and the P5 worked fine in my system but the P12 definitely sounded better when it arrived (the dealer let me continue to use the P5 while he waited for my P12 to arrive). My 140 sounds better with the P12 than directly plugged into the wall, and that was also the case with the P5. 

My 140 sounded good with the Isotek Aquarius as well, but it  definitely exhibeted more drive with the P5 than with the Aquarius, and a bit more drive again with the P12. mdconnely said that he found that power conditioners didn't work well with power amps. I tried several conditioners with the NAD M3 integrated that I was using prior to getting my 140 and I had similar experiences but I did find that newer conditioners did tend to work better with amps than earlier models, I think manufacturers have improved their products over time. I think good conditioners these days can deliver good results with at least some amps but I think a lot depends on how much current the amp draws. My 140 worked better with the Aquarius I had been using with the NAD and I think in general Devialet's present an easier load for a conditioner than a class A or class AB amp of the same power.

Even so, I think you should try any conditioner you're considering using with an amp before you buy. Amps place the biggest demands on a conditioner and some amps place heavy demands on a conditioner.

Hi David, I fully agree with you! The most important thing is to test at home, if possible several days and at different times! Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
@David A , I know it’s really confusing but PS Audio did indeed have a P3 Power Plant which is superseded but they have a new P3 also called the Stellar Power Plant 3 which I believe @Hellsuper refers to since he mentions “Stella”. PS Audio mixes up both names in their product description. It delivers 300W continuous regenerated power (900W peak).

I personally would not use that for a D400 BTW. It could work but think it’s more suited for source components.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
@Antoine,

You are most certainly correct and I was confused and thinking of the old P3 Power Plant. I didn't realise they had also called the Stellar model a "Power Plant 3".

I just checked the PS Audio site. It has 2 high current outlets and they say it can handle the Stellar M700 mono blocks which each deliver 350W into 8 Ohms and 700W into 4 Ohms so on paper it looks like it could work with a 400 but I'd definitely want to trial it,
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
@David A - the last time I tested a power conditioner other than the PI Audio UberBUSS was before I had the Devialet. Interestingly, I believed I tried them on a NAD M2. All the ones I tried created a more relaxed, musical experience. But what I found is that the transient response was diminished.... the snap of a rim shot, slam of a heavily plucked bass... things that required instantaneous need for power. I will totally admit that was back nearly 10 years ago and I have no doubt that much of today's power conditioners have improved. But if you're fortunate enough to try before you buy, take a good listen to highly dynamic music.

Interestingly, I found similar effect when turning Devialet's DPM setting on. The music sounded great, but it seemed to be missing the slam of instantaneious response. My DPM setting remains off.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(28-Apr-2020, 15:01)mdconnelly Wrote: @David A  - the last time I tested a power conditioner other than the PI Audio UberBUSS was before I had the Devialet.  Interestingly, I believed I tried them on a NAD M2.  All the ones I tried created a more relaxed, musical experience.  But what I found is that the transient response was diminished.... the snap of a rim shot, slam of a heavily plucked bass... things that required instantaneous need for power.  I will totally admit that was back nearly 10 years ago and I have no doubt that much of today's power conditioners have improved.  But if you're fortunate enough to try before you buy, take a good listen to highly dynamic music.   

Interestingly, I found similar effect when turning Devialet's DPM setting on.  The music sounded great, but it seemed to be missing the slam of instantaneious response.  My DPM setting remains off.

A case of "great ears hear alike"?  :-)  Your experience mirrors mine. It's the dynamics which show the problem when an amp can't draw power fast enough and the weak spot for conditioners, especially some years ago, can be their inability to deliver enough power when the amp needs it.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Having investigated a lot into that topic with products from vendors like PS Audio, Isotek, Furutech etc I can especially for Devialet highly recommend an Audioquest Niagara. No matter if 1200 to 3000 or even up to 5000 model, along with a power cord of Monsoon to connect it to the wall socket - this will bring your device to a new level. Just try to get one for a few hours / days.
Comparing to former days when I had the first HMS Energia things have so much evolved. Amazing to see what dynamics, pure silence and such a deep and powerful bass there can be without changing anything else in your setup.
I just want to protect my system when lighting
, tried few times when lighting the devialet will auto reboot, i afraid damage the component, so i decide to buy a power conditioner to protact my system. Thank you everyone suggestion.
(28-Apr-2020, 22:21)markush Wrote: Having investigated a lot into that topic with products from vendors like PS Audio, Isotek, Furutech etc I can especially for Devialet highly recommend an Audioquest Niagara. No matter if 1200 to 3000 or even up to 5000 model, along with a power cord of Monsoon to connect it to the wall socket - this will bring your device to a new level. Just try to get one for a few hours / days.
Comparing to former days when I had the first HMS Energia things have so much evolved. Amazing to see what dynamics, pure silence and such a deep and powerful bass there can be without changing anything else in your setup.
I’ve also been recommended to try the AQ 1200
I was wondering if I Z3 cables are the bare minimum and if you were buying two differing ones, are you better putting the best cable into the powerful unit and not the Devialet?
D220 Expert Pro CI. Totem Acoustic Tribe Tower Loudspeakers.
Phantom Reactor 600 for Mrs Oz.
I'm a happy user of PS Audio P12 (US version with 2 x High-Current) with my 440-Pro. Indeed, DPM is set to OFF.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Yes put the best cable into the Niagra. I‘d would recommend Monsoon for plug-in the Niagara and a Z3 for Devialets.