Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which brand power conditioner fit for devialet
I compared Audioquest vs PS audio vs Isotek vs Furutech.
Also was able to exchange about the specifics of the Devialet power supply (https://www.devialet.com/en-au/expert-pro-power-supply/) directly with Garth Powell who is heading the innovation and product development of power products at Audioquest.
So the overall performance of the power conditioner is not just depending on the peak current capabilities because many technologies / components contribute to the final performance.
You can also get a used Niagara 5000 if you get one at a great price. Just try to get a 3000/5000 for trying out - you will immediately experience the difference. Just bare in mind to use it with the power cables mentioned above to really benefit from the technology as it’s been designed.
I have a 140 Pro with a PS Audio P12 powering it plus myRon Nucleus+ and my ETHERRegen. According to the readout display on the P12, it is delivering around 70 W of power to the system (amp, server, and ethernet switch) in loud passages which means a volume setting of somewhere between -20 dB and -15 dB depending on the level at which the music was mastered and it's dynamic range. The P12 can deliver 1200 W of power.

Check post #19 in this thread for audio_engr's system. He's using a P12 to drive his system which includes a 440 Pro and B&W 802 D3 speakers. Depending on the size of your room, your listening distance, your preferred listening levels, and what other gear you're powering from the power plant besides your amp, I'd guess that either the P10 or P12 would be fine but you may also be fine with a P15. Devialet amps don't draw much power, they have their own internal power supply which helps handle transients, and there's power storage for peaks in the power plants as well.

I have no personal experience of either the P10 or the P15 which replaced it in the current range. I did have the loan of my dealer's demo P5 which was replaced in the current lineup by the P12, while I waited for my P12. I had no problems with it either but I felt that things sounded slightly better with the P12. If you can get a "very discounted price" on a P10, I think it could be tempting to go for that rather than a new P15 because you may well feel that any improvement the P15 offers may not justify the added cost. I would definitely recommend trying one in your system before buying.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(24-May-2020, 11:11)markush Wrote: You mean using the Niagara 1200 with a non high current power cable of Audioquest?
No i mean using the none High output connection for the Expert 140 and the 2
high output for my Subwoofers from my Triton 2+ speakers.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
I bought the ps audio P12 , which power socket should i connected to ?  High current or normal socket ?  Anyone can give me some comment. Thank you.
Connect amplifiers to High Current outputs on a conditioner. The same would go for powered subs since you're powering an amplifier with a powered sub.

If you have more high current devices than you have outputs I'd power the amp from a high current output because while the powered subs take some of the load off the amp they won't take all of it and the high current source will be beneficial across the whole range handled by the amp. I'd see how the subs go powered by normal outputs but if you want the best from them you may have to consider a second conditioner with high current outlets. You really need 3 high current outlets because you have 2 speakers with powered subs and one amp. Most conditioners have only had 1 or 2 high current outputs but some of Shunyata's new range can deliver high current output to all outlets. I don't know what the situation is with the AQ Nagara models because they aren't released here in Australia so I've never had a need to look at them.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(04-Jun-2020, 10:16)David A Wrote: Connect amplifiers to High Current outputs on a conditioner. The same would go for powered subs since you're powering an amplifier with a powered sub.

If you have more high current devices than you have outputs I'd power the amp from a high current output because while the powered subs take some of the load off the amp they won't take all of it and the high current source will be beneficial across the whole range handled by the amp. I'd see how the subs go powered by normal outputs but if you want the best from them you may have to consider a second conditioner with high current outlets. You really need 3 high current outlets because you have 2 speakers with powered subs and one amp. Most conditioners have only had 1 or 2 high current outputs but some of Shunyata's new range can deliver high current output to all outlets. I don't know what the situation is with the AQ Nagara models because they aren't released here in Australia so I've never had a need to look at them.
Thanks for your reply. This is something to think about.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
There is 1 very interesting point of the AudioQuest Niagara 1200 and 3000 that let it stand out to the rest of the line-up. It is the only 2 in which you can use the NON high output outlets for your powered subwoofers.

This is what is written in the manual of the 3000 about this:

*Compared to its larger Niagara siblings, the Niagara 3000 is unique. Even its Source power banks are capable of
passing extraordinarily high transient current before soft-clipping (in excess of 50 amps peak). So, if you have one
or two main power amplifiers and an additional one to two subwoofers, use the High-Current AC outlets for the
power amps. The subwoofers will still yield superb results when connected to any of the five AC source outlets.
(01-Dec-2020, 18:29)paul.oorbeek Wrote: There is 1 very interesting point of the AudioQuest Niagara 1200 and 3000 that let it stand out to the rest of the line-up. It is the only 2 in which you can use the NON high output outlets for your powered subwoofers.

*Compared to its larger Niagara siblings, the Niagara 3000 is unique. Even its Source power banks are capable of
passing extraordinarily high transient current before soft-clipping (in excess of 50 amps peak). So, if you have one
or two main power amplifiers and an additional one to two subwoofers, use the High-Current AC outlets for the
power amps. The subwoofers will still yield superb results when connected to any of the five AC source outlets.

Thank you so much for sharing this. 

I have a Niagara 1200 and using both high power to my Expert Pro 440...and I was plugging my 1800 watt JL audio Fathom 12v2 to the wall.

Based on that, I could plug it into the Niagara 1200.  I just figured since the sub is only getting about 45-50hz and below, that wouldn't be a big issue.  Maybe I will switch and plug it into the Niagara 1200. 

I was just concerned about plugging an 1800watt sub into a non-high power outlet...when the 2 high power outlets are for the 2 220's. 

Do you know if that would be smart, or just keep the sub plugged into the wall via a NRG-Z3 cable?

Thanks in advance....
-----
MAIN: Devialet Expert Pro 440, KEF R11, JL Audio Fathom 112v2, Niagara 1200, Audioquest Monsoon, NRG-Z3 cables, bi-wire Rocket 33.

BEDROOM: KEF LS-50, Nuprime IDA-16, Node 2i, JL Audio e-sub 110, Crystal Cables
GYM:  Devialet Reactor 900
EARS: Gemini on order, and custom JH Audio - JH13v2 Pro's
ROON running on 8-bay QNAP NAS for Tidal Streaming (no stored music)
(01-Dec-2020, 22:10)SoCalB Wrote:
(01-Dec-2020, 18:29)paul.oorbeek Wrote: There is 1 very interesting point of the AudioQuest Niagara 1200 and 3000 that let it stand out to the rest of the line-up. It is the only 2 in which you can use the NON high output outlets for your powered subwoofers.

Thank you so much for sharing this. 

I have a Niagara 1200 and using both high power to my Expert Pro 440...and I was plugging my 1800 watt JL audio Fathom 12v2 to the wall.

Based on that, I could plug it into the Niagara 1200.  I just figured since the sub is only getting about 45-50hz and below, that wouldn't be a big issue.  Maybe I will switch and plug it into the Niagara 1200. 

I was just concerned about plugging an 1800watt sub into a non-high power outlet...when the 2 high power outlets are for the 2 220's. 

Do you know if that would be smart, or just keep the sub plugged into the wall via a NRG-Z3 cable?

Thanks in advance....

This was of a concern for me also till i read the manual and found out that this is not of an issue on the 1200/3000 the rest will not work due to due to another design.

So i would try it out and check if it works out for you or not.
Hello,

I am very happy with the Shunyata Research Denali 6000s V2 powering my D440 pro.
I did not compare with other brands and simply went with the good comments the Denali received and the very good experience I got with their cables. 
A big improvement.
Devialet 440 pro CI, Shunyata Research Sigma S/PDIF RCA link, In-Akustik Referenz LS-4004 Air , B&W 802 Diamond.
Aurender N10, SR Sigma AES/EBU 
2x Paul Pang OCXO dual switch, SR Sigma Ethernet, Acousense GISO GB Lan Isolator
Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2
SR Denali 6000/S V2, SR Alpha NR PL C19, Naim PL C15
IsoAcoustics Gaia I, Orea Bronze & Indigo