Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
certification of Roon RAAT starts this week
(08-Apr-2020, 01:56)Saint0 Wrote: ...
@mdconnelly - Have you followed up with Devialet on the dual-Mono/configurator issues recently?

No, it’s been awhile so I will probably do so again.   I wasn’t even aware of the issue @daniel.avasilichioaei reported here, but I will confirm and document that as well.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(08-Apr-2020, 02:57)mdconnelly Wrote:
(08-Apr-2020, 01:56)Saint0 Wrote: ...
@mdconnelly - Have you followed up with Devialet on the dual-Mono/configurator issues recently?

No, it’s been awhile so I will probably do so again.   I wasn’t even aware of the issue @daniel.avasilichioaei reported here, but I will confirm and document that as well.

Check here for details: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Bug-for-...-dual-mono
Well, I did followup with another ticket to Devialet regarding the Online Configuratior.    Regarding the issue of misconfigurations resulting from re-editing a dual-mono configuration, the response I received was...

I have to admit the technical limitation of the editing feature on our configurator. While it is working flawlessly on solo mode but for dual mono, as its configuration requires more diversities, editing the config will affect some of the code generations. Therefore, we do not recommend editing your configurations when using a Dual Monoblock.

I understand that this is imperfect in terms of users friendly, but this is the limitation of our system at the moment.

My response was that this was clearly unacceptable and that I was reporting it as a dangerous bug that Devialet must resolve.   Since several of us have reported this before, I doubt it will get anywhere.  As I explained in my ticket, before I realized there was such a bug, I re-edited my most recent dual-mono config but when I inserted the updated SD cards, the result was extremely loud and distorted music coming solely from the right (Companion) channel.   That is far from a user friendly problem.

My guess is that it will take a lot more dual-mono owners submitting tickets to get their attention.   

@daniel.avasilichioaei - I also reported the issue with the online configurator mis-handling changes to bass/treble settings in the general settings in a dual-mono configuration.   He indicated that he had not heard that before and would followup up with the engineers.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Thank you! Will immediately submit also a ticket and hopefully others here too. As this is not just an convenience bug rather than causing major troubles / making it not work at all (and maybe also causing problems for speakers as well)