Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Firmware 11.5
Maybe it's something to do with supporting multiple Expert Pros properly in Roon? Adding part of the MAC address might be a way of making a unique name. Pure speculation on my part...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
@Vivialet, @alex, @cereal killer. Did you just sign up to beta program or received email with link to new beta? I still did not get my own. Could you share a download link through PM, please?
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
@maxijazz - Sign up. Shortly thereafter you will receive an email with link to the Beta.

When a new beta is released you will receive another email with link to new Beta.

Etc..
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I have signed up few weeks back and enjoyed beta 10. I haven’t receive email with link to new version, beta 12, yet. I don’t understand, why.  I am impatient, because Saturday is only day I can spend some time on listening to music.
(09-Feb-2018, 22:02)maxijazz Wrote: I have signed up few weeks back and enjoyed beta 10. I haven’t receive email with link to new version, beta 12, yet. I don’t understand, why.  I am impatient, because Saturday is only day I can spend some time on listening to music.

The same thing happened to me on an earlier version.  You simply need to sign up again, and you will have the latest version in a few minutes.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I signed up as a brand new beta user and the link arrived in a couple of minutes.
Focal Sopra No2, 130 Expert Pro with CI upgrade, Melco N1A, TQ Black USB, EWA LS-XXV SC, Atlas Isolated PSU, Ethernet CAT6 via Netgear switch. Melco LAN and Player CAT6.
(09-Feb-2018, 22:34)Confused Wrote:
(09-Feb-2018, 22:02)maxijazz Wrote: I have signed up few weeks back and enjoyed beta 10. I haven’t receive email with link to new version, beta 12, yet. I don’t understand, why.  I am impatient, because Saturday is only day I can spend some time on listening to music.

The same thing happened to me on an earlier version.  You simply need to sign up again, and you will have the latest version in a few minutes.

Thank you for the advise. I’ve got beta12.
I've been using both betas and have been to and fro with Devialet UK and FR over some of the issues. I am not a Roon user (am I the only one?).

Generally, using Spotify, Air, Airplay, bubble upnp and usb (Auralic Aries), sources are Spotify, Qobuz and NAS, it is proving entirely stable.

There seems to be a problem with 24/192 via upnp in that the source auto-detect switches when it's not meant to, cutting sound. This does not happen up to 24/96,which plays faultlessly for yours on end. I just set bubble to limit the bitrate to 24/96. I don't need to listen at 24/192, it's just that sometimes Qobuz provides files at that rate.

The other thing is pops and clicks when using the Aries. I did not het that pre-beta. Devialet have had problems reported with some older streamers. I have an Aries Mini as well, which sounds fantastic. Devialet tell me they have tested with an Aries Mini as well, very happily.

There is also a problem using Air from a non-deicated laptop, browsing and getting embedded audio over the music. This is because Air transits all audio sources generated from the device.

So I'm selling the full Aries and expect the beta to be released as an update version fairly soon.

Devialet seem to be making generally good progress on what is proving to be a very sophisticated, practical and excellent sounding audio system.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
Hello,

today I received a mail from Devialet that the 14th of March they will do the upgrade here in Wellington. Olivier in his mail mention that they have the commercial release and the latest Beta version available for this upgrade and ask which one we prefer to have installed. I would tend to go for the Beta but I would like to get the opinion of the people on the forum.

thanks

Marco
(06-Mar-2018, 07:06)marcor Wrote: Hello,

today I received a mail from Devialet that the 14th of March they will do the upgrade here in Wellington. Olivier in his mail mention that they have the commercial release and the latest Beta version available for this upgrade and ask which one we prefer to have installed. I would tend to go for the Beta but I would like to get the opinion of the people on the forum.

thanks

Marco
With my setup and ancilliaries etc. I prefer the latest Beta. Because it is very easy to load different firmware, whichever you choose to be loaded when the upgrade is done, you can easily change it later if you need to.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England