Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upgrade is back
(19-Sep-2018, 11:35)Stino Wrote: Hi Roider,

Thanks for sharing your positive message. Sometimes the forum forgets that sound quality is for most of us the main driver and Devialet excells in this.

I'm surprised your unit came back with a new power cord and an SD card. Wow! I think for most of us this isn't the case.

Enjoy!

Hello, I can remember, when I did the "pro upgrade", came back the device with an AQ power cable and an SD card!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(19-Sep-2018, 12:50)K4680 Wrote:
(19-Sep-2018, 11:35)Stino Wrote: Hi Roider,

Thanks for sharing your positive message. Sometimes the forum forgets that sound quality is for most of us the main driver and Devialet excells in this.

I'm surprised your unit came back with a new power cord and an SD card. Wow! I think for most of us this isn't the case.

Enjoy!

Hello, I can remember, when I did the "pro upgrade", came back the device with an AQ power cable and an SD card!

God Damn!! You as well???

Angry 

All will be fine when i fire up the Dev later today
Tongue
I have two upgrade choices currently. My dealer offered me to pay extra 4500 Euro and change my Devialet 200(just 2 year old) with new original Devialet 220 Pro. The other choice is the standard Devialet upgrade program from Devialet200 to Devialet220 PRO which costs about 3500 Euro. Which one would you prefer?
Stereo Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS/Internet sources>> Supra CAT8 >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4(Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >> Mercury Streamer (GentooPlayer, MPD+UpMpdCli  running on RAM) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  Mogami Gold AES XLR >> Devialet 220 Pro >> Echole Omnia Speaker/Jumper Cables >> B&W 804D3 Speakers on IsoAcoustics GAIA-II

Headphone Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS(CAT8) >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4( Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >>  Mercury Streamer(GentooPlayer , Mpd/UpMpdCli ) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  RCA Coax >> Chord Hugo >> Fostex TH900 MK2
If you go for the new 220 Pro you're paying 1000 Euro for a new full term guarantee (no extension of original guarantee with the upgrade) and not being without an amp for the period your 200 would be away for the upgrade. As far as sound goes the results will be identical. Make your own choice on value for money.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(07-Nov-2018, 01:40)David A Wrote: If you go for the new 220 Pro you're paying 1000 Euro for a new full term guarantee (no extension of original guarantee with the upgrade) and not being without an amp for the period your 200 would be away for the upgrade. As far as sound goes the results will be identical. Make your own choice on value for money.

I think you’ll find that you get a new five year guarantee with the upgrade, as they essentially gut the machine and put new innards in it, I know I did when I upgraded mine. I’d save €1000 and hope that the turnaround was swift.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(07-Nov-2018, 01:27)CongoFather Wrote: I have two upgrade choices currently. My dealer offered me to pay extra 4500 Euro and change my Devialet 200(just 2 year old) with new original Devialet 220 Pro. The other choice is the standard Devialet upgrade program from Devialet200 to Devialet220 PRO which costs about 3500 Euro. Which one would you prefer?

The decision rests on how much cash you are willing to pay for a new unit in comparison to an upgraded unit.  The electronics will be the same, so it will sound the same and work the same way.  As others have pointed out, you will get the full 5 year guarantee with both options.

However, you have asked, so I will answer.  For me, I would prefer a new unit, but having said that, I think the thought of paying an extra 1000 Euros would be enough for me to say "no" to a new one and go with the upgrade.

As a plan B, you could say to your dealer that 1000 Euros is too much extra to pay, and then ask if he can do the deal for Euro 4000.  If he says yes, then go for the new one, if he says no, you can upgrade.  I think that is what I would do, the final decision is yours of course.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Does anyone know how long the upgrade process takes? That is from the time the courier collects until it is returned. I have been offered an upgrade by Devialet, but they will not answer this question

I have had mixed results with courier companies. Usually, parcels ex China get here in 5 days, from Europe the same. However, had 3 occasions this year, two with DHL and one with Aramex which took 4 to 10 weeks. They seemed to get stuck in Dubai
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
(08-Nov-2018, 07:00)chrisc Wrote: Does anyone know how long the upgrade process takes?   That is from the time the courier collects until it is returned.  I have been offered an upgrade by Devialet, but they will not answer this question

I have had mixed results with courier companies.   Usually, parcels ex China get here in 5 days, from Europe the same.  However, had 3 occasions this year, two with DHL and one with Aramex which took 4 to 10 weeks.   They seemed to get stuck in Dubai

Chris
My Amp has been back to France twice. Once for an upgrade from 120 to 220 and the second time for the CI upgrade. Both times from Cape Town.
First time with UPS en second time with DHL.
Both times the turnaround time from collection to delivery back to my house was around 2 and a half weeks.
I can give you all the tips if you are interested. You have to be careful with the customs else SARS will have a field day.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
Good tips, thank you

Does the upgrade also cover DSD playback via USB? DSD files above 2822400 Hz cannot be resolved. Not that I have many of those but it would be interesting to find out.
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
Press information in the German Hifi Magazine "FIDELITY - Online" 14.11.2018 Rolleyes
https://www.fidelity-magazin.de/2018/11/...ext-level/
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria