Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MacMini –> Audirvana 3.5 –> Sonarworks –> UpnP –> Golds (DOS2) = BLISS!
(10-Jan-2020, 00:54)Pwalder Wrote: When streaming from Tidal/Qobuz Using the Audirvana Remote to Devialet Phantoms the first few bars  of music are very disjointed. Once through this phase the rest of the track plays without a hiccup. This seems to point to some sort of Network issue but I’m not sure why the majority of the track plays fine. This seems to happen whether it is a 16bit or 24 bit track that is being streamed. From experience of using Audirvana are there any options available that might eliminate the initial stuttering? I’m using a 2019 iMac running the latest version of Catalina to a pair of Devialet Phantoms running DOS 2.

Hi @Pwalder,

Nope, never had that.  Just tested from my late 2015 iMac (Catalina 10.15.2) running Audirvana 3.5.29 and regardless what I play (tested Kind of Blue 24/96 and Come Away With Me 24/192) it plays perfectly from the first note.  I am not using Audrivana Remote but I don't see why that should make any difference (can you reproduce without the Remote?).

The only setting I can see with any obvious relevance here is "Max. memory allocated for tracks pre-load" under Low level playback options, which in my case is set to 5120 MB, but as best I can recall I have never changed this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MacMini –> Audirvana 3.5 –> Sonarworks –> UpnP –> Golds (DOS2) = BLISS! - by struts - 10-Jan-2020, 11:14