Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
I have to say they do make very 'tidy' and good looking PCBs (as good looking as PCBs can be).

Whether that has any relevance I've no idea. Always gives a bit of hope that the creator knows their stuff though?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I don't think there's much doubt about Devialet making stunning hardware, they make most other high end companies look like the stuff was built in a shed. The only worry, and it's hopefully in the past is that you need software to bring these technologies to life......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Chaps,
Pardon my ignorance, I've only just started using Roon. I get no dropouts when using Roon via Air. What would be the advantage if the Core Infinity board is Roon compatible? Should I buy a lifetime subscription now, or wait for the board upgrade?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thank you for sharing Antoine!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(02-Aug-2017, 14:33)Axel Wrote: Chaps,
Pardon my ignorance, I've only just started using Roon. I get no dropouts when using Roon via Air. What would be the advantage if the Core Infinity board is Roon compatible? Should I buy a lifetime subscription now, or wait for the board upgrade?

Interestingly, I have a trial version of Roon until about the 23rd October. Now, when does this new board come out?
I was just thinking Yesterday that I had't seen Antoine here for a while. Must be on a summer holiday I thought. Then Boom, there he is! Thanks Antoine!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Hi

RAAT might give a bit more stability and will allow you to group the Devialet with other zones.

For most of us, there won't be a big advantage as I understand it.

I think if it's working ok, there is no need to delay a lifetime subscription, things are only likely to get better!

Cheers

Chris
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(02-Aug-2017, 21:45)Chris Marshall Wrote:

Hi

RAAT might give a bit more stability and will allow you to group the Devialet with other zones.

For most of us, there won't be a big advantage as I understand it.

I think if it's working ok, there is no need to delay a lifetime subscription, things are only likely to get better!

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for that Chris. I think I'll take advantage of the lifetime subscription offer before they withdraw it!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(02-Aug-2017, 12:29)Antoine Wrote: but there's an additional one of AKM now, the AK4137EQ: http://www.akm.com/akm/en/product/datash...o=AK4137EQ
Is the AKM used as a re-clocker? If true, that is very exiting!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Many of us have been complaining about the poor connection between the Dev and the remote since our upgrades to the Pro series. The original remotes that we had to return with the unit for the upgrade seem to have been similarly replaced. Will the upgrade programme when we send our units in be an opportunity to correct this? I presume we'll have to send it all back again.
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY