Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
There is another log entry: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...tober-20th
Though not revealing any further information actually.
They're doing a terrible job of selling this.

I haven't seen anything yet that justifies that hassle of sending the boxes in for an upgrade.
This morning I was advised by Devialet, after I emailed them, that I would be contacted in November on the Core upgrade. The wording was careful i.e. not a promise to do or complete the work.
It has just occurred to me that if the new models have the CI board fitted, wouldn’t we see a change in the layout of the Configurator?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(25-Oct-2017, 03:36)Axel Wrote: It has just occurred to me that if the new models have the CI board fitted, wouldn’t we see a change in the layout of the Configurator?

Other than the antenna, what is changing in the layout?
I doubt anyone will have as much hassle as I will in returning the unit for the upgrade, we have no UPS where I live. Dreading this.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(25-Oct-2017, 03:36)Axel Wrote: It has just occurred to me that if the new models have the CI board fitted, wouldn’t we see a change in the layout of the Configurator?

It would be logical to see  the new layout there. So why it isn't there yet if people can already buy/order the new models? Well, the most likely reason would be that it just isn't ready yet to be released. There might be feature development still on-going in R&D or there might be some bugs that prevent releasing the new Configurator.

Then I started thinking that what if the new models could be  configured directly, without needing to use the online Configurator anymore. That would be awesome, wouldn't it?
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(25-Oct-2017, 07:28)petrik Wrote:

It would be logical to see  the new layout there. So why it isn't there yet if people can already buy/order the new models? Well, the most likely reason would be that it just isn't ready yet to be released. There might be feature development still on-going in R&D or there might be some bugs that prevent releasing the new Configurator.

Then I started thinking that what if the new models could be  configured directly, without needing to use the online Configurator anymore. That would be awesome, wouldn't it?

That would be awesome, and trivially easy to implement.

And, yet, Devialet has never mentioned or even hinted at such a feature, to my knowledge...
(25-Oct-2017, 09:09)watchnerd Wrote:
(25-Oct-2017, 07:28)petrik Wrote:

That would be awesome, and trivially easy to implement.

And, yet, Devialet has never mentioned or even hinted at such a feature, to my knowledge...

"Trivially easy"?  How did you arrive at that estimation?  Very little that people casually describe as a "trivial" software development is truly trivial when it applies to anything other than a personal project, even less so for an embedded system.  Bearing in mind the effort for proper specification, testing, quality control, configuration management, ... the list goes on.

That said, of course it would be really useful and is something I would very much like to see Devialet implement (see https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=591).  I'm not holding my breath as I expect it's not very high on their list of priorities.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(25-Oct-2017, 06:05)watchnerd Wrote:

Other than the antenna, what is changing in the layout?

This is all conjecture, but the new board would surely be shown as would any perameters that could be changed, such as Ethernet and Wi-Fi. At the very least we would be able to see the connection for the new Wi-Fi antenna. My point is that if the Configurator hasn’t changed, is the new board actually ready to be fitted into new models and for we that are waiting for the upgrade?
@petrik: yes, that would be truly useful and save an awful lot of dicking around.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England