Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Roon supports Devialet AIR
Wow - CCA chromecast audio sounds same as AIR and Moon Mind?
New Roon update today

It will now autoswitch inputs on AIR even if you've renamed them, there is one other Devialet related change but I don't understand it!

They are still tweaking away.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
I have been using Roon Air (ethernet) almost trouble free for several months now.  However, this morning, when I started Roon, my Devialet did not appear as an audio source in Roon.  Rebooting/restarting has now solved the problem.  Any ideas?
(28-Nov-2017, 08:40)Will Wrote: I have been using Roon Air (ethernet) almost trouble free for several months now.  However, this morning, when I started Roon, my Devialet did not appear as an audio source in Roon.  Rebooting/restarting has now solved the problem.  Any ideas?

Are you using a computer? Sometimes a computer needs a re-boot. Nothing wrong with that.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(28-Nov-2017, 08:40)Will Wrote: I have been using Roon Air (ethernet) almost trouble free for several months now.  However, this morning, when I started Roon, my Devialet did not appear as an audio source in Roon.  Rebooting/restarting has now solved the problem.  Any ideas?

Can you ping your amp's IP address?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thanks Pim and OGS.  I have found the source of the problem - it was the modem!
update from Devialet / https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...cember-1st-
In the latest Roon update (1.4) this is stated in the release notes:

"We’ve also optimized the RAAT implementation in the Core to minimize CPU usage and context switching during streaming. On the endpoint side, there some optimizations in Roon, Roon Server and Roon Bridge that reduce timing variability when passing audio buffers to device drivers."

So, it is just possible that Roon or Roon integrated AIR might perform or even sound a little better.  Any observations from anyone?

I'm speculating that those using RAAT with an 'endpoint' are more likely to notice an improvement than those using Roon AIR, but anything is possible.  I will give it a try when I get some time over the next few days.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(20-Dec-2017, 17:17)Confused Wrote: In the latest Roon update (1.4) this is stated in the release notes:

"We’ve also optimized the RAAT implementation in the Core to minimize CPU usage and context switching during streaming. On the endpoint side, there some optimizations in Roon, Roon Server and Roon Bridge that reduce timing variability when passing audio buffers to device drivers."

So, it is just possible that Roon or Roon integrated AIR might perform or even sound a little better.  Any observations from anyone?

I'm speculating that those using RAAT with an 'endpoint' are more likely to notice an improvement than those using Roon AIR, but anything is possible.  I will give it a try when I get some time over the next few days.

I have a 1000 (with CI Bd) and send it music via an mRendu and mutec mc3+usb. I think the new ROON AIR sounds good, but...the music stops at the end of a track every time the next track/album is a different sample rate. This wasn't the case pre-CI and I hope this gets fixed, but for know I find it un-listenable so am playing thru HQP - which sounds great.
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
(20-Dec-2017, 17:55)Dan Wrote:
(20-Dec-2017, 17:17)Confused Wrote: In the latest Roon update (1.4) this is stated in the release notes:

I have a 1000 (with CI Bd) and send it music via an mRendu and mutec mc3+usb. I think the new ROON AIR sounds good, but...the music stops at the end of a track every time the next track/album is a different sample rate. This wasn't the case pre-CI and I hope this gets fixed, but for know I find it un-listenable so am playing thru HQP - which sounds great.
HQP / mR / Mutec is the same set up as myself.  Can I ask what HQPlayer filters / settings you prefer?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12