Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(12-Mar-2018, 10:38)Confused Wrote: As for trying the SOtM bundle via USB, no I have not tried this, although it is something that I want to try.  I have read about a case of someone who was running a very similar set up to myself, including the Mutec REF10, although in his case the MC3+USB was feeding a Chord Dave.  He tried running the SOtM kit via USB, and found this provided a superior result.  I suspect that with the Devialet, that the MC3+USB feeding via AES/EBU will be best, but I am open minded to the possibility that with the CI equipped Pro maybe USB could come out on top.  So this is well worth a try I think.  In fact, it is now second on my list of things to try.  First on my list of things to try is the SOtM modified switch that I have yet to put into my system, so this needs to be tried before the USB vs AES/EBU comparison.

This will be really interesting comparison. Please note that you might experience some issues with the USB-input when using SOtM. You probably should wait for a next Devialet FW before trying this.
https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4997
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by petrik - 12-Mar-2018, 16:43