Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MacMini –> Audirvana 3.5 –> Sonarworks –> UpnP –> Golds (DOS2) = BLISS!
(17-Nov-2019, 15:46)JDtheJD Wrote: Karl,

I have a few questions.  Does your setup use LAN cable to get the music in digital form to the phantoms?  Is that where the UPnP advantage comes in?  Is your macmini always on such that you can readily play music from it whenever you want?  To date. I have yet to figure out how to keep my Macmini always on which I am guessing is made purposely convoluted in order to keep my carbon footprint smaller than it otherwise would be.  Your insight and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

JD

Does your setup use LAN cable to get the music in digital form to the phantoms?

YES, the Phantoms are wired with CAT7 cable and connected via a NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS105NA) to my home router, the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX12

Is that where the UPnP advantage comes in? 

Audirvana via UPnP allows me to use Sonarworks DSP, play 24/192 files and HiFi streaming services, such as Tidal, all this under DOS2

Is your macmini always on such that you can readily play music from it whenever you want? 

I connect to the MacMini through my other computers at home via Remote Display, I have no monitor, keyboard or mouse connected to it, and Yes, the MacMini is always ON. You can configure it to have it always ON through System Settings. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: MacMini –> Audirvana 3.5 –> Sonarworks –> UpnP –> Golds (DOS2) = BLISS! - by KarlMarx - 18-Nov-2019, 05:27