Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configurator Upload Error
I cannot edit my configurations anymore with configurator. I wanted to change a setting of my configuration, but no matter if I want to upload the configuration from my SD card or all the saved configurations from my Mac I get the message:

Upload error
An error occurred while reading your configuration file.
Please try again or contact us if the problem persists.

Is it just me having this problem?
(02-Jul-2023, 00:54)Joe Wrote: I cannot edit my configurations anymore with configurator. I wanted to change a setting of my configuration, but no matter if I want to upload the configuration from my SD card or all the saved configurations from my Mac I get the message:

Upload error

Just to tell, "contact us" in the error message is a link, when i click it I get an error 404, site not found.
(02-Jul-2023, 00:57)Joe Wrote:
(02-Jul-2023, 00:54)Joe Wrote: I cannot edit my configurations anymore with configurator. I wanted to change a setting of my configuration, but no matter if I want to upload the configuration from my SD card or all the saved configurations from my Mac I get the message:

Upload error 

Just to tell, "contact us" in the error message is a link, when i click it I get an error 404, site not found.

I’m afraid that this is a known problem, Joe. It’s best to start from scratch using this method: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-c...l-s-method
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
We should definitely write to support as this is part of their service.
(02-Jul-2023, 08:32)markush Wrote: We should definitely write to support as this is part of their service.

Agree completely.   But Devialet has known of the configurator issues for a looong time and yet they’ve done nothing.   I suspect it will take a lot of customers all banging on support to get any response.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(02-Jul-2023, 07:40)Axel Wrote:
(02-Jul-2023, 00:57)Joe Wrote:

Upload error 

I’m afraid that this is a known problem, Joe. It’s best to start from scratch using this method: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-c...l-s-method

Thanks for the info, but starting from the scratch is not an option for me. I have made 5 configurations on 5 SD cards all with different pre-out settings to check out which is the best. I am using the best sounding configuration now but don't know anymore which setting I have used for it (Max Level, HighPass Cutoff Frequency, Filter Order, Delay). Therefore I have saved all these configurations on SD cards as well as on my computer to not have to remember the settings.

I have written to support now.
I saved the configuration values in a spreadsheet.

Column A is the date, column B label (USB on etc), column C test-1, column D, test-2, etc

In that way I was able to alter a value and save it as a new column

There may be a more elegant way. You simply cannot edit the .cfg file as there is a checksum value
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
Update: got a response from support. They made a new config, did save it and tried to reopen it, did not work for them either. Therefore they think it's a problem with the web site and handed it over to the IT team to fix it. We will see...
Thanks for the update. And keep pinging them about long overdue firmware updates.
I am sure we will see some people coming in and start talking about how good their config files are and they have never needed to modify their configs and they will blame us because we ask for something which was in the initial manual of the product or promised in a written way by the company ages ago.

My two cents here, stay away from investing more on Devialet products until they openly show/communicate with us a proper Expert support and maintenance. Similar to majority of the people in the forum, I started to check alternative solutions, I am looking forward to get rid of my unit as I am sure it won’t be anything but just a shinny piece of metal soon. (Ah sorry probably it will work WONDERFUL, AMAZING, GREAT and WITHOUT ISSUES on the Factory settings and it will be my delusional view that see it bad, this is what we heard in the forum when we reported mobile app, Devialet AIR etc loses we had in the past)