Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.12.5 and the problem returns
(13-Mar-2021, 17:37)vaguedetails Wrote:
(13-Mar-2021, 02:05)Eggman Wrote: I confess I don't quite understand Roon, but wouldn't it be simpler to play music through the Tidal app and Airplay, considering MQA is off the table with Devialet anyway?

I envy your ability to play music at all. This is my listening experience: 

I’ve grown accustomed to the Roon interface. Discovery has improved greatly in Tidal, but at the time I adopted it that wasn’t the case. Roon helped bridge the gap between an extensive local file collection and a move to streaming, and allows me to blend the two worlds nicely. 

Grouping speakers and playing to different rooms is a nice feature.

The family has Roon on their phones, so everyone can skip a track or play a track rather than trying to sort out which device or streaming service is controlling the speakers at any given time. 

Sorry about your listening experience. The 2.12 series of firmware has been extremely buggy for me. I’ve never reset my speakers so many times. 

I’ve been rotating through the three quick clicks, long 10 second press with two different sound notifications, and visiting the IP address of the speakers to do a full factory reset, with varied temporary success. Support told me to switch to PLC but I’m finding it’s more consistently stable on Auto. 

I’ve had my phantoms now for three years, and this last month or two has been the worst experience so far. I’m tired of constantly trying to get my speakers to work, rather than just enjoying music from them.

UPDATE: As per Devialet support, I connected both Phantoms via Ethernet to the router. They work! But now I'm moving to a house where the modem/router are nowhere near where I'm going to place the Phantoms. Any suggestions on a good router for the Phantoms? Devialet essentially said mesh routers won't work.
I used DIALOG optical for my turntable and midi mixer since my phantoms hanging on gecko and I don’t want to have cables hanging around. I spend time to set up all with analog to digital converter to send signal to DIALOG. It all worked pretty great with every update with knowledge that DIALOG its discontinued device but supported for those who still use it. But after 2.12.15 update it stop working. I spend 60 minutes on phone with Devialet support and since we didn’t manage to work it out I get some options by the one I spoke with:
-I should find and buy myself dialog on after market eBay etc. or get new device arch with
discount 50€.
I’m super unhappy because it’s seams like it’s my problem not Devialet that DIALOG after update stoped working...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
(24-Feb-2021, 09:54)tsmithpam Wrote: Coming back to the thread topic.
Another repeat of the issue this morning. Same left speaker and phased jitter. Only resolved by reset. Been a good few days of stable play before this. Another ticket off to Devialet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My speakers are experiencing this phenomenon repeatedly occurring irregularly after the 2.12.3~5 firmware, currently it only occurs in gold speakers.  
Before past, it returned to normal after rebooting, but now the same phenomenon occurred once more after rebooting.
Zidoo z9x 미디어 플레이어 + Shield pro-> onkyo sc5530 프로세서-> rme adi2 fs (3ea)-> 광 케이블-> Devialet golds 3 (FL, FR, C) + silvers 2 (RR, RL) / 150 인치, Optoma Hoz60 .5ch.
Sorry to hear you also have this. Sorry also to say there is no resolution for the issue that I know of.

Been through the loops with Devialet and settled for now on ‘learning to live it’.
Hasn’t come back for a while for me, but expect it too.

I think that it’s the start of the older phantoms struggling to cope with updates going forward. The next step from Devialet is the offer of discounts to replace with newer versions. We will soon be the owners of an equivalent iPhone 5!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(20-Mar-2021, 13:39)Flaeske Wrote: I used DIALOG optical for my turntable and midi mixer since my phantoms hanging on gecko and I don’t want to have cables hanging around. I spend time to set up all with analog to digital converter to send signal to DIALOG. It all worked pretty great with every update with knowledge that DIALOG its discontinued device but supported for those who still use it. But after 2.12.15 update it stop working. I spend 60 minutes on phone with Devialet support and since we didn’t manage to work it out I get some options by the one I spoke with:
-I should find and buy myself dialog on after market eBay etc. or get new device arch with
discount 50€.
I’m super unhappy because it’s seams like it’s my problem not Devialet that DIALOG after update stoped working...

I just made some test and connect both phantoms to Ethernet and by that dialog start to send signal to phantoms but once I disconnected each phantom from Ethernet they not receiving signal from Dialog. Would you call it software issue or something else?
Does any one have an idea?

Same issues with the jitter here. Two golds, happens more often on the left but occasionally on the right too. I find it happens more often when I’m on Apple TV and pausing often. Less so with Spotify and pausing less. Instead of unplugging to reset, I open the Devialet app and tap the speaker so that it makes that timpani-type sound. It then comes back fully without jitter (until the next time). Takes a couple seconds. Still annoying though.
(25-Mar-2021, 00:51)echooo23 Wrote: Same issues with the jitter here. Two golds, happens more often on the left but occasionally on the right too. I find it happens more often when I’m on Apple TV and pausing often. Less so with Spotify and pausing less. Instead of unplugging to reset, I open the Devialet app and tap the speaker so that it makes that timpani-type sound. It then comes back fully without jitter (until the next time). Takes a couple seconds. Still annoying though.

Unfortunately for me too, recently, the same phenomenon occurs repeatedly several times a day.  
And the cycle of occurrence is getting shorter and shorter.  Even yesterday, the same phenomenon occurred once while listening upnp play.
Looking at the three gold speakers is frustrating.
Zidoo z9x 미디어 플레이어 + Shield pro-> onkyo sc5530 프로세서-> rme adi2 fs (3ea)-> 광 케이블-> Devialet golds 3 (FL, FR, C) + silvers 2 (RR, RL) / 150 인치, Optoma Hoz60 .5ch.
(25-Mar-2021, 02:13)Lee inseok Wrote:
(25-Mar-2021, 00:51)echooo23 Wrote: Same issues with the jitter here. Two golds, happens more often on the left but occasionally on the right too. I find it happens more often when I’m on Apple TV and pausing often. Less so with Spotify and pausing less. Instead of unplugging to reset, I open the Devialet app and tap the speaker so that it makes that timpani-type sound. It then comes back fully without jitter (until the next time). Takes a couple seconds. Still annoying though.

Unfortunately for me too, recently, the same phenomenon occurs repeatedly several times a day.  
And the cycle of occurrence is getting shorter and shorter.  Even yesterday, the same phenomenon occurred once while listening upnp play.
Looking at the three gold speakers is frustrating.

Got same think on airplay today but only on R speaker(PLC) L speaker is connected with Ethernet because it’s close to modem but my dialog don’t work after this update Sad

So is the best workaround to try connecting one Phantom via Ethernet (of the other cannot because of position) and for the other phantom selecting Auto or PLC.
In addition trying that the WiFi router just sends either 5ghz or 2,4ghz and not both at the same time?
Eggman
RE: As per Devialet support, I connected both Phantoms via Ethernet to the router. They work! But now I'm moving to a house where the modem/router are nowhere near where I'm going to place the Phantoms. Any suggestions on a good router for the Phantoms? Devialet essentially said mesh routers won't work.

Hi,

Maybe you could create your own private Ethernet network and bridge that to your internet gateway.

I create an Ethernet network for the speakers using an extra router with built in WIFI AP.  and connect to this AP when using the Devialet app.  
The "2nd" "phantom network" router/ap also has two switches connected via Ethernet.
each Ethernet switch in a "room" has a phantom pair, the dialog and/or other related devices.
The phantom network router is using a MOCA "coax to Ethernet" adapter "on the internet port to connect to the (xfinity) 'Internet Gateway' Premise router.
Alternatively you could connect the 2nd router to your internet gateway over wifi, if the 2nd router supports such bridging over wifi

This may or may not be an option depending on how you are getting your internet but there are many ways this could work.

regards
scott-