Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
AIR 3 Beta for Mac
(09-Sep-2016, 12:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote: What Mac OS are people running and getting 100% success with AIR3 beta?

El Capitan here.  I wouldn't say 100% success, though: although I very (very) rarely get short stutters, I do sometimes get a problem where AIR will appear to connect normally to the amp, but will then disconnect almost immediately when I start playing music.  If I leave it for a few minutes, it mysteriously sorts itself out.  Very strange.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(12-Sep-2016, 04:33)Duomike Wrote:
(09-Sep-2016, 12:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote: What Mac OS are people running and getting 100% success with AIR3 beta?

Still using Yosemity and AIR3 works like a charme not using any router or switch. Direct connection between my mini and with AQ Diamond.
Won't upgrade the OS cause my mini is only used as a music computer.

You really connected your Mac Mini directly to your Devialet via ethernet !?! I have to try this, I was about to buy two very expensive Audioquest Ethernet cables. Having to just buy one would make me very happy.
(13-Sep-2016, 20:54)mangolego Wrote:
(12-Sep-2016, 04:33)Duomike Wrote:

Still using Yosemity and AIR3 works like a charme not using any router or switch. Direct connection between my mini and with AQ Diamond.

You really connected your Mac Mini directly to your Devialet via ethernet !?! I have to try this, I was about to buy two very expensive Audioquest Ethernet cables. Having to just buy one would make me very happy.
Yes, direct connection!
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(14-Sep-2016, 01:37)Duomike Wrote:
(13-Sep-2016, 20:54)mangolego Wrote:
(12-Sep-2016, 04:33)Duomike Wrote: Still using Yosemity and AIR3 works like a charme not using any router or switch. Direct connection between my mini and with AQ Diamond.

Yes, direct connection!
After seeing your post' I went on Devialet web site to see how to connect direct. Now that I know, I just can get no sound. The Mac can see the fix IP of the Devialet. I can also see the change of the volume that I do with the remote on the setting screen of the Mac but no sound. I use only Itunes and Air. Same thing happen on my Macbook Air + ethernet seems to disconnect. Do you think I missed something ? I am on El Capitan
(14-Sep-2016, 01:49)mangolego Wrote:
(14-Sep-2016, 01:37)Duomike Wrote:
(13-Sep-2016, 20:54)mangolego Wrote: You really connected your Mac Mini directly to your Devialet via ethernet !?! I have to try this, I was about to buy two very expensive Audioquest Ethernet cables. Having to just buy one would make me very happy.
Yes, direct connection!
After seeing your post' I went on Devialet web site to see how to connect direct. Now that I know, I just can get no sound. The Mac can see the fix IP of the Devialet. I can also see the change of the volume that I do with the remote on the setting screen of the Mac but no sound. I use only Itunes and Air. Same thing happen on my Macbook Air + ethernet seems to disconnect. Do you think I missed something ? I am on El Capitan

Go to this link and see if the steps outlined here help, if not, let us know!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Have you disabled dchp? baddog was the one helping me to set it up. Strongly suggest to follow his link! Good luck!
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
Hunky Dory is running on mac audirvana with AIR 3 right now.

Audirvana does not start when I try to change a song directly from an album to another one. I have to stop it and restart. But when I create a playlist it is ok. Files are read properly.

I tried to compare with Moon mind which has a Fidelity audio PSU and an expensive AES cable but I cannot hear real differences.
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
(14-Sep-2016, 01:56)baddog Wrote:
(14-Sep-2016, 01:49)mangolego Wrote:
(14-Sep-2016, 01:37)Duomike Wrote: Yes, direct connection!

It works now. the problem was that I did not set the Mac Mini onto a fixed IP. Thank you everyone. Sound is better this way but the Devialet app is not working anymore. I have also some reliability problem. It is probably because I tuned on the wi-fi to be able to make iTunes work on the remote app of my iPhone. Anyone have a hint about this ?
FWIW, when I had my Mac Mini wired directly via ethernet to the Devialet, I also had wireless on the Mac Mini enabled as my music is stored on a NAS.

However I do not use anything other than Roon so I cannot relate any experience using iTunes.

When you say the Devialet application, do you mean the one that you can use on your iPhone? For that to work, you would need to enable Wifi on the Mac Mini and possibly connection sharing as well. Apologies as I have since moved to both the Mac Mini and the Devialet being wired via ethernet to a $20 switch, so I cannot fully test this for you.

Try this:

Sharing Internet to a Wired Device

Launch System Preferences.
Select the Sharing pane.
Click Internet Sharing in the left pane.
Click the drop-down menu beside Share your Internet connection from and select Wi-Fi.

You may have to also select the port to enable ( which in this case would be ethernet )
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(14-Sep-2016, 17:17)mangolego Wrote:
(14-Sep-2016, 01:56)baddog Wrote:
(14-Sep-2016, 01:49)mangolego Wrote: After seeing your post' I went on Devialet web site to see how to connect direct. Now that I know, I just can get no sound. The Mac can see the fix IP of the Devialet. I can also see the change of the volume that I do with the remote on the setting screen of the Mac but no sound. I use only Itunes and Air. Same thing happen on my Macbook Air + ethernet seems to disconnect. Do you think I missed something ? I am on El Capitan

It works now. the problem was that I did not set the Mac Mini onto a fixed IP. Thank you everyone. Sound is better this way but the Devialet app is not working anymore. I have also some reliability problem. It is probably because I tuned on the wi-fi to be able to make iTunes work on the remote app of my iPhone. Anyone have a hint about this ?
Sorry can't offer further help. Using Audirvana and my trackpad via bluetooth as a remote.