Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any in depth Reactor reviews or users here?
(09-Dec-2018, 03:10)fgleason Wrote: MountainGuy,

5khz is the lowest the graph will plot. In no way do I think the Reactor goes that low. It's probably just bad data.

I’ve got a feeling it goes lower than 5kHz!! Tongue

As I said in the other topic, of Devialet want to sell some more Phantoms, the best thing they could do is up their retail experience and give customers a chance to actually hear how they sound. The Westfield’s store made it sound awful - like a cheap 80s radio player at maximum distortion. I left with no idea how it sounded but I imagine most customers would assume that’s the way it would sound at home. Certainly I’d never want to listen to anything in that environment ever again. Truly awful.

It’s just before Christmas, all other stores were packed, the Devialet shop empty. I’d be amazed if they made a single sale from that place.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

The graph runs to 500Hz? Although I agree that this is some way off the sub bass zone.....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(09-Dec-2018, 09:22)Jean-Marie Wrote:

5khz is the lowest the graph will plot. In no way do I think the Reactor goes that low. It's probably just bad data.

A log scale would be more meaningful because currently 1000Hz are represented by about 1cm, meaning that 20Hz is spanning about 2 10th of a mm which I doubt we can see on the plot!

Jean-Marie

@fgleason

An indication of the smoothing being applied would also be useful.
As well as a description of where the measurement is being made.  Is it near field or at the listening position?
(09-Dec-2018, 14:45)alandbush Wrote:

A log scale would be more meaningful because currently 1000Hz are represented by about 1cm, meaning that 20Hz is spanning about 2 10th of a mm which I doubt we can see on the plot!

Jean-Marie

@fgleason

As well as a description of where the measurement is being made.  Is it near field or at the listening position?

1 meter.  I'll try to add requested measurements later today.
Is there any info about the crossover frequency between woofer and wideband driver in the Reactors or mids in the Phantoms. Just looking at the ads of Devialet the significant movement of the woofers should cause doppler distortion if the crossover frequency is high.
fgleason, THANKS!
Waiski Could you measure 20hz - 20khz @ 75db. Would be interesting to see.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-Dec-2018, 08:15)MountainGuy Wrote: I would love to see 85 db.  At that point, we should see the low bass drop off substantially.  I am guessing that the low bass can't go beyond 75db...  If it can sustain to 85db, then that is very impressive for something this small.

(09-Dec-2018, 14:45)alandbush Wrote:

Jean-Marie

@fgleason

The measurements are made with REW use RTA with no changes to the defaults. The microphone is a UMIK-1. Measurements made in my den without any room treatment.
Wow, thanks. That is impressive - 85db does not seem to have any drop off in bass compared to 75 db. (I am not well informed on these graphs so if I am reading them wrong, feel free to correct me - I welcome any input.)

Tempted....though I do wonder at 75 or 85 db, how it compares to the full size Phantoms.

Fgleason, again, Thank You.