Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any in depth Reactor reviews or users here?
https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/speakers...tor-review
Consistent with what I've heard, the mids are recessed. IF they can fix that, I'll have to get a couple...Smile
Hey, I'm new to the group and have been living with my Reactor 600 for almost 3 weeks now.
I wouldn't call myself an audiophile by any means and this is my first foray into 'high end sound'.
I own a couple of B&O and Sonos speakers so of course this has been a huge step up for me and I've been really impressed!
Overall the experience has been very positive. Bluetooth, WiFi and optical cable connections all work brilliantly (although I've had to do quite a bit of work to get my TV sound delay synched). There is a definite audio quality difference between standard Spotify and Tidal HiFi and I'll be sad to see my 3-month trial end.

Couple of negatives:
- The mids feel like they are lacking on some songs. This might be more because the treble is so crystal clear and the lowest bass is actually there for a change.
- The Tidal app is glitchy as hell and switching between the Devialet app and Tidal is a pain. They fail talking to each other most of the time.
- The Devialet app is way too basic. A customizable EQ or even a few different presets would be great. Failing that, just allowing access to the Spotify EQ while playing through your Reactor would be nice.

I'm excited for the stereo update and it's my birthday early March and it gives me a perfect excuse to pick up a second one! ?
https://gizmodo.com/this-1-000-wireless-...1832396019

New review. Compared with Sonos 5 which I am actually impressed by for the price.
Not a high praise:
"The Phantom Reactor invites you to listen closely to your favorite songs, but not all the details are there. Which is to say, the audio fidelity is not what I’d expect from a speaker at this price point. And just because a speaker is expensive and impressive does not mean that it’s something everyone should want. This is a rich person toy, something that’s as much a conversation piece as it is a sound system."
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Early stage review of my Reactor 900, from someone who's owned Phantom Silver for close to 4 years, and a pair of Phantom Golds for over 1 year. I got my Reactor last night so I've had about 4 hours of listening.

I switched between a single Phantom Silver and Reactor repeatedly, using Apple Airplay, and the reactor is NO WAY as good. It's WAY OFF a single Phantom Gold too.

PROS:
Impressive bass for its size.
Fills the room really well.
Sounds good for music I like to listen to while working --- ambient electronic.
Cute --- it looks like my threesome has had a love child.

CONS:
Thin midrange - so not great for music I'd listen to at home --- modern classical, jazz.
Loses resolution at close range: best enjoyed at several metres.
Tricky to work out how to reset when installing at a different site (I eventually worked it out)

I bought it for my office, so I've got something to listen to while working, and it's fine for that purpose. For the money, no doubt I could have bought better sound --- but I'm quite attached to the Devialet brand, and figured I could resell at little loss at this stage if I decided I didn't like it. For the time being, I'm keeping it.

Andrew
Andrewhollo, I realize this is a Devialet forum (have owned 2 pairs of Silver and Gold respectively) but for your office, at slightly lower $, a pair of Kef LSX may give you substantially better overall fidelity/musicality if not quite plunge to the bass region as the Reactors will.
(19-Feb-2019, 00:34)MountainGuy Wrote: Andrewhollo, I realize this is a Devialet forum (have owned 2 pairs of Silver and Gold respectively) but for your office, at slightly lower $, a pair of Kef LSX may give you substantially better overall fidelity/musicality if not quite plunge to the bass region as the Reactors will.

Interesting recommendation - I am pretty addicted to the bass plunge . . . but will listen to the KEFs when I next find a retailer who can demo them for me.

Andrew
The KEF are great musical speakers but nowhere near the bass.

If you go KEF you'll want a sub
Living Room: Devialet Dione
(31-Jan-2019, 16:48)Frikman Wrote: Hey, I'm new to the group and have been living with my Reactor 600 for almost 3 weeks now.
I wouldn't call myself an audiophile by any means and this is my first foray into 'high end sound'.
I own a couple of B&O and Sonos speakers so of course this has been a huge step up for me and I've been really impressed!
Overall the experience has been very positive. Bluetooth, WiFi and optical cable connections all work brilliantly (although I've had to do quite a bit of work to get my TV sound delay synched). There is a definite audio quality difference between standard Spotify and Tidal HiFi and I'll be sad to see my 3-month trial end.

Get Spotify premium and choose highest quality, I cannot hear a difference with TIDAL HIFI.

Couple of negatives:
- The mids feel like they are lacking on some songs. This might be more because the treble is so crystal clear and the lowest bass is actually there for a change.
I agree, most people are used to listening to small speakers that emphasize the mids (thereby adding more "presence" to voices).  They are not used to a flat frequency response.

- The Tidal app is glitchy as hell and switching between the Devialet app and Tidal is a pain. They fail talking to each other most of the time.
- The Devialet app is way too basic. A customizable EQ or even a few different presets would be great. Failing that, just allowing access to the Spotify EQ while playing through your Reactor would be nice.

You don't need the Devialet app to play Spotify premium/connect  on the reactor: just open Spotify connect and choose your reactor in the list of devices connected to Spotify connect. 
I cannot find an EQ in Spotify: where is it ?

I'm excited for the stereo update and it's my birthday early March and it gives me a perfect excuse to pick up a second one! ?
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac