Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Audioquest NRG Z3 power cord
Is the Z3 still the go to cable for say an Expert 220 Pro if I was using it direct to the mains?
Yes provides outstanding price/performance ratio. The next recommended step would be a Niagara 1200 you can use with the Devialet as well as other devices.
(15-Jun-2020, 07:00)markush Wrote: Yes provides outstanding price/performance ratio. The next recommended step would be a Niagara 1200 you can use with the Devialet as well as other devices.

yes the Z3 with the niagara 1200 is a winner. A monsoon on some places for finetuning could be also oke.

But if you want the best in combination with the audioquest, read this:
In my case a very great upgrade

https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/...tt-part-1/

https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/audioph...ts/doepke/
(14-Jun-2020, 21:14)aproo Wrote: Is the Z3 still the go to cable for say an Expert 220 Pro if I was using it direct to the mains?

Not to be a troll here, but honestly, unless it's just a US thing and we have a gross, dirty power grid (possible), the Expert Pro benefits immensely from proper treatment and quality power. Game-changing.  If you're going to have kit like this, at least explore the Niagara 1200.  Forget the Z3.  It's a good cable, but we aren't here for good, or at least I'm not; I'm here for superlative.  The AQ Wind series fits neatly under the hood of the Dev.  I have been wanting to demo the Silver Cloud, which can be a little spendy, but currently run a Cardas Clear Beyond to a Niagara 1200 and then power the amp of the hour with a Blizzard with standard plugs.  I'm considering swapping the clear beyond for either a Silver Cloud in 1m with the better plugs or just jumping for the Dragon HC. 

Set your system up to win.  The Z3 is a great cable, but I would NEVER feed a Niagara 1200 or a quality integrated amp with the Z3.  And I think the guys over at AQ built a great cable,  But for 600 or so USD?  Get a Blizzard and stop the amateur hour, haha.
(30-Jun-2020, 13:21)awkaplan Wrote:
(14-Jun-2020, 21:14)aproo Wrote: Is the Z3 still the go to cable for say an Expert 220 Pro if I was using it direct to the mains?

Not to be a troll here, but honestly, unless it's just a US thing and we have a gross, dirty power grid (possible), the Expert Pro benefits immensely from proper treatment and quality power. Game-changing.  If you're going to have kit like this, at least explore the Niagara 1200.  Forget the Z3.  It's a good cable, but we aren't here for good, or at least I'm not; I'm here for superlative.  The AQ Wind series fits neatly under the hood of the Dev.  I have been wanting to demo the Silver Cloud, which can be a little spendy, but currently run a Cardas Clear Beyond to a Niagara 1200 and then power the amp of the hour with a Blizzard with standard plugs.  I'm considering swapping the clear beyond for either a Silver Cloud in 1m with the better plugs or just jumping for the Dragon HC. 

Set your system up to win.  The Z3 is a great cable, but I would NEVER feed a Niagara 1200 or a quality integrated amp with the Z3.  And I think the guys over at AQ built a great cable,  But for 600 or so USD?  Get a Blizzard and stop the amateur hour, haha.

Ha Ha you hear the price :-)
If you cant do any power conditioner or want to plug the amps directly to mains, this is a good solution too (~450USD).
Furutech GTX wall plate + Furutech GTX-D® Receptacle + The NCF Damper Outlet Cover 106-D. (Cost does not include fees for electrician).
Entech noise analyzer did not show any reduction in noise so I was disappointed, until I plugged things into it :-)
Having said that, the either Denali or Niagara line will provide incremental benefits.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
I go with two AQ Thunder for the 440 Pro - and another AQ Thunder into the Niagara 5000. This is definitely game changing compared to former performance. Also using a Furutech Rhodium wall socket
I am using an AQ Tornado from Furutech Rhodium wall socket to AQ Niagara 3000. From the Niagara to the Dev and components with AQ Blizzard. This was a real step-up. The bass performance went from somewhat muddy to multiple layers excellent!
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
(30-Jun-2020, 13:21)awkaplan Wrote:

In your opinion, is the Niagara 1200 also a step up feedding CPU´s of other components like streamers, switchs, etc?
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
Absolutely