Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Audioquest NRG Z3 power cord
(24-Jul-2020, 16:05)markush Wrote: Absolutely

+1
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
I’ve just loaned an audioquest nrg z3 power cord and niagara 1200.
The improvement and impact is not small!
D220 Expert Pro CI. Totem Acoustic Tribe Tower Loudspeakers.
Phantom Reactor 600 for Mrs Oz.
(30-Jul-2020, 17:14)Ozzzy189 Wrote: I’ve just loaned an audioquest nrg z3 power cord and niagara 1200.

Leave it for minimal one week on the same place and the impact is more and better
(30-Jul-2020, 17:27)Johnnydev Wrote:
(30-Jul-2020, 17:14)Ozzzy189 Wrote: I’ve just loaned an audioquest nrg z3 power cord and niagara 1200.

Leave it for minimal one week on the same place and the impact is more and better

It’s well burnt in, it’s a loan from my good friend Chris at hidden systems. I’m thinking now that a pair of monsoons and the 1200 would be a nice sweet spot.
It’s tucked behind my tv unit so it’s not even in view.
Everything just sounds better, especially clarity around vocals and bass, mids seem to be a bit more forward but in a good way. A more solid sound, and far more engaging and enjoyable.
(30-Jul-2020, 20:33)Ozzzy189 Wrote:
(30-Jul-2020, 17:27)Johnnydev Wrote:

It’s well burnt in, it’s a loan from my good friend Chris at hidden systems. I’m thinking now that a pair of monsoons and the 1200 would be a nice sweet spot.
It’s tucked behind my tv unit so it’s not even in view.
Everything just sounds better, especially clarity around vocals and bass, mids  seem to be a bit more forward but in a good way. A more solid sound, and far more engaging and enjoyable.

On the most places I like the Z3 above the monsoon and the blizzards
(31-Jul-2020, 17:03)Johnnydev Wrote: On the most places I like the Z3 above the monsoon and the blizzards

I´m thinking on it.
I have the original power cable from Devialet but there´s a lot of fellows who report a huge improvement from this to the NRG Z3.
Considering the price, not so high, do you think i´ll notice immediately the difference?
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
Try also different slots for your components on the Niagara.
(31-Jul-2020, 18:07)BoyScout Wrote:
(31-Jul-2020, 17:03)Johnnydev Wrote: On the most places I like the Z3 above the monsoon and the blizzards

I´m thinking on it.
I have the original power cable from Devialet but there´s a lot of fellows who report a huge improvement from this to the NRG Z3.
Considering the price, not so high, do you think i´ll notice immediately the difference?

Yes you will. But a Z3 is for sure not better than monsoon and blizzard. That is like saying a D220 bests a D440. The Z3 is great value for money. I ended up with blizzard in the end.
Z3 ordered for the 220, monsoon ordered for the niagara 1200 which is already here. Can't wait.
(18-Aug-2020, 17:48)Ozzzy189 Wrote: Z3 ordered for the 220, monsoon ordered for the niagara 1200 which is already here. Can't wait.

I´m waiting for your repport.
That´s exactly one of the combinations i´m thinking about: Niagara 1200/Z3/220Pro (already here).
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.