Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Audioquest NRG Z3 power cord
(19-Feb-2019, 16:30)WesCrackin Wrote: I was offered the AQ Monsoon for the price of the 3m NRG-Z3, because the store can't ship my order due to backorder from AQ.

The Monsoon (out of the "Wind" Series) seems to be lesser known (maybe oder line-up?) but seems to be quite thick and nicely terminated by non-bulky, maybe even Devialet-under-the-lit-safe, plugs.

Does anybody have experience with these cords?

The NRG Z3 as well as the newer Storm series and now the just introduced Mystical creatures line of power cords are all designed by Garth Powell who is slowly revising the AQ line throughout, including the analogue interconnects.  It is his work that has made these recent successes and positive reviews of the AQ line of power cords and Niagara conditioners.  Suggest you hold tight for the NRG Z3 if possible.
(19-Feb-2019, 16:30)WesCrackin Wrote: I was offered the AQ Monsoon for the price of the 3m NRG-Z3, because the store can't ship my order due to backorder from AQ.

The Monsoon (out of the "Wind" Series) seems to be lesser known (maybe oder line-up?) but seems to be quite thick and nicely terminated by non-bulky, maybe even Devialet-under-the-lit-safe, plugs.

Does anybody have experience with these cords?

Where are you located?  You may be able to get a good answer from the guys over at thecableco.com—it could potentially be a superior cord.
I'm in Germany.. Thanks for the advice guys. I skipped for now as I didn't want to rush the purchase.
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
Monsoon is a higher level cord than the z3

I just plugged a tornado into my dev. Huge improvement over the nrg 10
Audioquest NRG-10 -> Bryston Bit15 (Torus RM15) on Finite Elemete Cereball
Crystal Cable Standard -> Aurender N100h on Finite Elemete Cereball -> Audioquest Diamond USB
Audioquest Tornado -> Devialet 120 on Isoacoustics orea bronze -> Crystal Cable Micro Speaker Cable -> Focal Micro Utopia Be
Solid Tech ROS Rack
(25-Feb-2019, 01:05)honeymustardsteve Wrote: Monsoon is a higher level cord than the z3

I just plugged a tornado into my dev. Huge improvement over the nrg 10

I have no skin in this game but must be pointed out that the NRG10 and former Wind series such as the Monsoon are older designs....nor surprised your new Tornado is an improvement....from the designer and the folks at AQ, the Z3 is said to be quite close, when considering price, in performance to the Tornado
Audioquest sales guy says monsoon is brand new, replacing nrg10 and nrg1000 and above the z3 and below the storm series.

Just going by what they say
Crystal Cable Standard -> Aurender N100h on Finite Elemete Cereball -> Audioquest Diamond USB
Audioquest Tornado -> Devialet 120 on Isoacoustics orea bronze -> Crystal Cable Micro Speaker Cable -> Focal Micro Utopia Be
Solid Tech ROS Rack
(25-Feb-2019, 07:10)honeymustardsteve Wrote: Audioquest sales guy says monsoon is brand new, replacing nrg10 and nrg1000 and above the z3 and below the storm series.

Just going by what they say

Apologies for the confusion....was under the impression the Wind series was older and due ro be replaced...I know their web site is not current as it doesn’t show the New Firebird power cord so assume this change was forthcoming.  Odd they show the Wind series after the Storm when the Storm series is so much more expensive....looks to be hastily put together.
no problem. i was confused as well which is why i had to ask the sales guy

their whole website doesn't have a proper hierarchy...the only way is to get their price list. might be a marketing tactic
Solid Tech ROS Rack
(25-Feb-2019, 21:21)honeymustardsteve Wrote: no problem. i was confused as well which is why i had to ask the sales guy

their whole website doesn't have a proper hierarchy...the only way is to get their price list. might be a marketing tactic

Always amazing to me when a large worldwide firm doesn't make their website the most accurate, up-to-date and compelling place to visit.  I pointed out the lack of any info the Firebird PC to our rep for Western Canada and he maintained it was on the site although he quickly recanted and said he look into it.  That was three weeks ago.  Funny.
(25-Feb-2019, 23:17)Wdw Wrote:
(25-Feb-2019, 21:21)honeymustardsteve Wrote: no problem. i was confused as well which is why i had to ask the sales guy

Always amazing to me when a large worldwide firm doesn't make their website the most accurate, up-to-date and compelling place to visit.  I pointed out the lack of any info the Firebird PC to our rep for Western Canada and he maintained it was on the site although he quickly recanted and said he look into it.  That was three weeks ago.  Funny.

I think we were talking to the same person!
Solid Tech ROS Rack