Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Audioquest NRG Z3 power cord
Thank you all, this is much appreciated.

I will try to stretch for the Blizzard, but if unable, it is good to know the Z3 is a worthwhile option.
(11-Jun-2019, 08:27)InSides Wrote: Thank you all, this is much appreciated.

I will try to stretch for the Blizzard, but if unable, it is good to know the Z3 is a worthwhile option.

They all sound the best after more then a week.
The Z3 is a no brainer.
I have also the monsoon and blizzard, but more Z3’s
(11-Jun-2019, 11:34)Johnnydev Wrote:
(11-Jun-2019, 08:27)InSides Wrote: Thank you all, this is much appreciated.

They all sound the best after more then a week.
The Z3 is a no brainer.
I have also the monsoon and blizzard, but more Z3’s

Much appreciated.

Luckily, due to having a Devialet, I am down to a single power cord, so I can, in a way, "splurge" on this one.
Blizzard is here, in the system, fit under the back cover like a glove. Smile

Thanks all for the replies, it is much appreciated. Too early for impressions though, will leave it to settle in for a bit.
(14-Jul-2019, 22:39)InSides Wrote: Blizzard is here, in the system, fit under the back cover like
(15-Jul-2019, 12:23)Johnnydev Wrote:
(14-Jul-2019, 22:39)InSides Wrote: Blizzard is here, in the system, fit under the back cover like

Since 2 day's ago I am a proud owner of Audioquest Niagara connected through 1m AQ Blizzard to the wall power outlet and a second AQ Blizzard connected to  my D220 Pro. The Blizzard fits under the hood of the Devialet, but it is very stiff cable. ATV and my JRMC based Video renderer are connected via AQ NRG Y2/Y3 power chords.

My dealer also loaned me a phase meter (Oehlbach) to get the right phase.

I had always a small balance problem in my system , I though it was related to right (curtain, windows) and left (CD frame build from glass) speaker placement. But it was not. Everything has now the correct phase and the balance problem has gone away.

I will give it now a week to burn in, but first impression is all digital glitch is gone away e.g.  Emilie-Claire Barlow "The Very Thought of You" from 2xHD in DSD x64 sounds simply super natural, clear articulation, coloration of her voice. I also viewed the movie "Hunter Killer" through my Apple TV 4k connected via AQ Carbon HDMI to my LG OLED and then via AQ Carbon optical to my D220 Pro. It was an emotional tour the force.

I have attached a picture of my Power solution:    
JRMC/ROON based Media Server - along C.A.P.S V4 Cortes (Win 10 Pro) -> LinkSys 5-Port Unmanaged Switch-> Media Renderer (JRMC; SoTM tx-USBexp, AQ NRG-Y3) ->Transparent AUdio Performance USB-> D220 PRO (AQ Blizzard)-> B&W 804S, Audeze LCD 2 Headphones; Audioquest Niagara 1200+AQ Blizzard; TV ->AQ Carbon Optical->D220 Pro
Anyone got experience / heard the Monsoon cable (and compared to standard Devialet NRG)
(31-Aug-2019, 13:08)Manfred Wrote:
(15-Jul-2019, 12:23)Johnnydev Wrote:

Since 2 day's ago I am a proud owner of Audioquest Niagara connected through 1m AQ Blizzard to the wall power outlet and a second AQ Blizzard connected to  my D220 Pro. The Blizzard fits under the hood of the Devialet, but it is very stiff cable. ATV and my JRMC based Video renderer are connected via AQ NRG Y2/Y3 power chords.

I had always a small balance problem in my system , I though it was related to right (curtain, windows) and left (CD frame build from glass) speaker placement. But it was not. Everything has now the correct phase and the balance problem has gone away.

I will give it now a week to burn in, but first impression is all digital glitch is gone away e.g.  Emilie-Claire Barlow "The Very Thought of You" from 2xHD in DSD x64 sounds simply super natural, clear articulation, coloration of her voice. I also viewed the movie "Hunter Killer" through my Apple TV 4k connected via AQ Carbon HDMI to my LG OLED and then via AQ Carbon optical to my D220 Pro. It was an emotional tour the force.

Slightly off the main topic but I also have an issue with balance and have never heard of the phase issue.  How did you measure and how did you fix it?  I have reversed my cables and still the same imbalance...big honking couch on one side has always been my theory.
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada
(02-Oct-2019, 20:02)markush Wrote: Anyone got experience / heard the Monsoon cable (and compared to standard Devialet NRG)
Hi Markus,
I have just tested both, Monsoon and Blizzard. Both are great, no comparison with the Devialet NRG. My old self built cables were already clearly better, but the Monsoon is a big step up. And the Blizzard is even better, but also more expensive.
I have never heard such an improvement with any power cord I tried before, I have ordered 2 Blizzards.
The bigger cords from AQ maybe even better, but cost up to 10K€ and don't fit under the cover. And they are extremely stiff, the Blizzard is already nearly unusable for lightweight components. No problem with my wall mounted 1000...
(03-Oct-2019, 13:15)Norty Wrote:
(31-Aug-2019, 13:08)Manfred Wrote: Since 2 day's ago I am a proud owner of Audioquest Niagara connected through 1m AQ Blizzard to the wall power outlet and a second AQ Blizzard connected to  my D220 Pro. The Blizzard fits under the hood of the Devialet, but it is very stiff cable. ATV and my JRMC based Video renderer are connected via AQ NRG Y2/Y3 power chords.

Slightly off the main topic but I also have an issue with balance and have never heard of the phase issue.  How did you measure and how did you fix it?  I have reversed my cables and still the same imbalance...big honking couch on one side has always been my theory.

My Dealer rent me a phaser: [/url][url=https://www.oehlbach.com/en/power/phaser]https://www.oehlbach.com/en/power/phaser

How to use it (german) https://www.bonsaimachos.de/phase-richti...essen.html
JRMC/ROON based Media Server - along C.A.P.S V4 Cortes (Win 10 Pro) -> LinkSys 5-Port Unmanaged Switch-> Media Renderer (JRMC; SoTM tx-USBexp, AQ NRG-Y3) ->Transparent AUdio Performance USB-> D220 PRO (AQ Blizzard)-> B&W 804S, Audeze LCD 2 Headphones; Audioquest Niagara 1200+AQ Blizzard; TV ->AQ Carbon Optical->D220 Pro