Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Audioquest NRG Z3 power cord
Yep casing in 1200 now provides better shielding and 2 high current outlets now make it also more usable.
The only „drawback“ no matter if you go for 1200,3000 or an higher is: whenever you hear them you will never switch back to not using them Smile)
[img][Image: image002.png] [/img]
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Funny. The lineup from AudioQuest in the Netherlands missed the Niagara 3000. Here it is either the Niagara 1200 or the 5000 and 7000. The 3000 would be an interesting option too.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
...just upgraded my 220pro CI stock power cord with an AQ NRG-Z3.

First impressions:

- it enables/provides a direct noticeable SQ improvement I've never expected
- based on a black background all aspects of an audiophile listening experience has been improved
- it fits perfect under the Def. cover
- by comparison with the NRG-10, on my setup, I prefer the NRG-Z3  - also price-wise

Setup:  Aurender N10 --> 220 pro CI --> Piega Coax 90.2
Power-distribution: GigaWatt PF-2 MK2 with LC-2 MK3 cord
Aurender N10, Devialet 220pro CI, Piega Coax 711
Power: PS PowerPlant Stellar P3

Germany
(08-Jan-2020, 17:12)Todun Wrote: ...just upgraded my 2220pro CI stock power cord with an AQ NRG-Z3.

First impressions:

- based on a black background all aspects of an audiophile listening experience has been improved
- by comparison with the NRG-10, on my setup, I prefer the NRG-Z3  - also price-wise

Let him play, burn in for more then a week on the same place and you get more from these SQ improvements
I´m trying to find one already used/burned to buy.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
(08-Jan-2020, 20:10)Johnnydev Wrote:
(08-Jan-2020, 17:12)Todun Wrote: ...just upgraded my 2220pro CI stock power cord with an AQ NRG-Z3.

First impressions:

Let him play, burn in for more then a week on the same place and you get more from these SQ improvements
Was the OP for this thread and haven’t checked in for some time (sold my D440) but very happy that the Z3 fan club still grows.  Just a great group of products from Garth Powell, AQ
(08-Jan-2020, 17:12)Todun Wrote: ...just upgraded my 220pro CI stock power cord with an AQ NRG-Z3.

First impressions:

Oooh I'm not sure how the pricing falls over there, but you have some options that will astound you for a few hundred euro more.  There may be less of an impact due to your power distribution, but the Z3 was my baseline cable with the 140 as I purchased it overseas and could pick one up at Best Buy...it went back once I demoed other offerings in the same price range.   There's something to be said for appropriate pairing, but I don't think the Z3 really lets the Expert shine, even at that pricepoint. I found that the entry-level Shunyata offering was more enjoyable and fostered a more robust sound (99 USD).
(14-Jan-2020, 14:45)awkaplan Wrote:
(08-Jan-2020, 17:12)Todun Wrote: ...just upgraded my 220pro CI stock power cord with an AQ NRG-Z3.

First impressions:

Oooh I'm not sure how the pricing falls over there, but you have some options that will astound you for a few hundred euro more.  There may be less of an impact due to your power distribution, but the Z3 was my baseline cable with the 140 as I purchased it overseas and could pick one up at Best Buy...it went back once I demoed other offerings in the same price range.   There's something to be said for appropriate pairing, but I don't think the Z3 really lets the Expert shine, even at that pricepoint. I found that the entry-level Shunyata offering was more enjoyable and fostered a more robust sound (99 USD).

To which Shunyata are you referring?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Anyone with impressions using a Blizzard or Thunder?