Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
Nice to see people are enthusiastic about new hardware possibilities and software opportunities like room correction, more DSP options etc.
But that would need a different approach - as currently not even the most basic features are provided in the software area.
And that consistens of some key components like firmware, iOS remote app / streaming app, API / vendor support like RoonReady etc.
(01-Nov-2017, 07:31)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(01-Nov-2017, 00:17)Antoine Wrote: They’ve first shown the ‘OS card’ which is now renamed to ‘Core Infinity’. We can actually see both versions in Vivids pictures above (thanks for sharing Vivid!) which both share the same version numer 1.01 and we can see they removed the internal WiFi/BT PCB antenna and the most interesting Audinate (Dante for AoIP?) IC and supporting circuitry in the lower right corner of the PCB. I’m afraid we’ll never know for sure why.

The IC is only missing on the display board though. The official photos on the Devialet site still show it installed.

Do you mean the photo’s in the ‘Core Infinity Log’ (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/secti...finity-Log)? These photo’s made me notice the first time the IC is gone. If you look closely you can see the PCB traces and solder pads are still there but there’s nothing soldered on to them.

(01-Nov-2017, 08:13)ogs Wrote: Maybe the 'complete' board goes in the Master while the other one is meant for Companion?

That could be possible but I have this feeling they’ve dropped the functionality completely. I believe they’ve just shown both an earlier revision/pre-production board carrying the old name “OS board” and the latest production version with the new name.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
There is a complete computer on the CI. The battery keeps the Real Time Clock alive so it will know time and date even if disconnected from mains. Whether this is useful remains to be seen. All my computers are set up to sync with NTP servers on the internet, but still have batteries. The CI could (should) do the same so we'll see what Devialet does.
Maybe your amp can be programmed to wake up and play "Live On Expert"...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(01-Nov-2017, 13:16)Antoine Wrote:
(01-Nov-2017, 08:13)ogs Wrote: Maybe the 'complete' board goes in the Master while the other one is meant for Companion?

That could be possible but I have this feeling they’ve dropped the functionality completely. I believe they’ve just shown both an earlier revision/pre-production board carrying the old name “OS board” and the latest production version with the new name.

You are probably right Antoine. Then I think the 'Dante dongle' is the answer. They have dropped the idea of Dante native on the CI board and will use the dongle instead to do the same thing on Phantoms and Pros. The Pro amps have no latency so that should work. But the optical input? Oh well, we'll see...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(01-Nov-2017, 13:16)Antoine Wrote:
(01-Nov-2017, 07:31)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(01-Nov-2017, 00:17)Antoine Wrote: They’ve first shown the ‘OS card’ which is now renamed to ‘Core Infinity’. We can actually see both versions in Vivids pictures above (thanks for sharing Vivid!) which both share the same version numer 1.01 and we can see they removed the internal WiFi/BT PCB antenna and the most interesting Audinate (Dante for AoIP?) IC and supporting circuitry in the lower right corner of the PCB. I’m afraid we’ll never know for sure why.

The IC is only missing on the display board though. The official photos on the Devialet site still show it installed.

Do you mean the photo’s in the ‘Core Infinity Log’ (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/secti...finity-Log)? These photo’s made me notice the first time the IC is gone. If you look closely you can see the PCB traces and solder pads are still there but there’s nothing soldered on to them.

Would be disappointing given that for me the Audinate functionality was one of the more interesting features. Sad
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
Is there anyone with the Core Infinity board on their device? I am suffering a lot to use my unit. Only working input is USB until now. Factory settings bring Bluetooth etc. but none of them are functional. Seems like I have to wait the new Devialet configurator/app to enable the new features of the device. Mobile apps and AIR are also not working.

(02-Nov-2017, 23:11)ada Wrote: Is there anyone with the Core Infinity board on their device? I am suffering a lot to use my unit. Only working input is USB until now. Factory settings bring Bluetooth etc. but none of them are functional. Seems like I have to wait the new Devialet configurator/app to enable the new features of the device. Mobile apps and AIR are also not working.

They sold you a new Expert Pro with the Core Infinity board with no way to configure it?

That's just bad. And sad. And bad customer service.

Have you contacted support?
How do you like the SQ on USB input? Its good that you got a new unit with a new board, so you don't have to send the unit to Paris and then wait for them to return it to you. The downside is, you only get to enjoy USB input for a short while.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
It'd be interesting to check whether there's an onboard webserver (someone else mentioned they detected Nginx) running and whether you can connect to it in a browser, i.e. default port 80 or perhaps something else like port 8080? When plugged into the local network via ethernet it's fairly certain to get an IP addresss automatically via DHCP.
(03-Nov-2017, 05:52)sam1000 Wrote: How do you like the SQ on USB input? Its good that you got a new unit with a new board, so you don't have to send the unit to Paris and then wait for them to return it to you. The downside is, you only get to enjoy USB input for a short while.

I was using the Devialet 220 Pro demo unit (Without the CI board) for last 1 month and there is a big difference in terms of the background and details. But as I only used the old unit for 1 month, I am not sure that much. But for sure, not only me also my wife liked how the new unit sounds.

Quote:Rufus McDufus

It'd be interesting to check whether there's an onboard webserver (someone else mentioned they detected Nginx) running and whether you can connect to it in a browser, i.e. default port 80 or perhaps something else like port 8080? When plugged into the local network via ethernet it's fairly certain to get an IP addresss automatically via DHCP.

I was the one that tried to reach the IP via browser and I tried a couple of different page names and ports but I only have the Ngnix welcome page until now. When I try to SSH to the unit, it rejected my RSA Key.

Today, I requested extra information from Devialet as my dealer also doesn't have too much idea about CI board. They promised to send a reply via an email during the day. If they provide any extra information, I will keep here posted.