Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
(15-Nov-2017, 10:50)ada Wrote:
(15-Nov-2017, 04:58)agentsmith Wrote: For those smarter than me, is it correct to assume that direct streaming into the Devialet should in theory sound the best, in comparison to streaming to a high end streamer and connect back to the Devialet via SPDIF or AES?

In other words, provided that streaming works perfectly, is using a second box a waste of money?

There are lots of different things playing a role on that but in theory yes, it can be better than the external devices. But as I said, there are lots of different elements on this like:

-Power management
-Isolation of the different components of the boards (CI has lots of features and components, I am very curious how are they dealing with different noise factors of those components)
-Component quality
-Limited physical space for the internal board
-Software quality of the external solution vs internal solution
-Personal taste, DSP operations
and more...

I am waiting for the same that you are waiting, I am planning to buy a streaming unit depends on CI solution. We won't know until we see the real potential/power of the CI board. But it is a powerful device, it has a potential to be enough good to cover the streaming unit part. But again, we have to wait.

I have lost patience and have ordered a Nativsound Vita. Life is to short for waiting for a stable Devialet solution;-)

The Vita offers everything (Roon and other streaming services). I will report...
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
Latest update from Devialet: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ember-15th

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(15-Nov-2017, 13:48)brit Wrote: Latest update from Devialet: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ember-15th

David

Hi, that looks good! Keep it up!! Big Grin Big Grin
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I do hope everyone noticed the commitment to Roon RAAT! That is the first time I've heard that from Devialet and it's great news. More importantly, this is exactly the type of communication we've been asking for from Devialet. Kudos to them for coming through. It makes the delay far, far more tolerable.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(15-Nov-2017, 14:20)mdconnelly Wrote: I do hope everyone noticed the commitment to Roon RAAT!   That is the first time I've heard that from Devialet and it's great news.   More importantly, this is exactly the type of communication we've been asking for from Devialet.  Kudos to them for coming through.   It makes the delay far, far more tolerable.

Totally agree with you. I have been openly critical of Devialet re their lack of meaningful communication, so credit where credit is due on this latest announcement Smile.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Now that it’s officially out there that Devialet have RAAT on their roadmap for the Expert range here’s hoping things will progress quicker.

Still expect it to be a few months as believe to be a certified endpoint would mean Roon having to physically test an Expert Pro with the new Core Infinity installed, along with the software.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(15-Nov-2017, 07:08)watchnerd Wrote:
(14-Nov-2017, 17:03)Music or sound Wrote:
(14-Nov-2017, 15:47)ada Wrote: No, there are two USB inputs in the menu of the software but there is no secondary physical option on the device. Only available USB port on the device is the USB B port that we had in the past.

That means it can not support external USB drives (or thumb drives/SD card readers) directly and therefore the core infinity board is not adding real streamer function!

I don't understand this logic.

Since when does being a 'real streamer' mean accessing a thumb drive?

A server (that what I meant) should be able to access internal storage but also external via USB and the exact size of it should not matter. I guess a connection to a NAS via ethernet may become feasible.
(15-Nov-2017, 12:57)midi Wrote:
(15-Nov-2017, 10:50)ada Wrote:
(15-Nov-2017, 04:58)agentsmith Wrote: For those smarter than me, is it correct to assume that direct streaming into the Devialet should in theory sound the best, in comparison to streaming to a high end streamer and connect back to the Devialet via SPDIF or AES?

In other words, provided that streaming works perfectly, is using a second box a waste of money?

There are lots of different things playing a role on that but in theory yes, it can be better than the external devices. But as I said, there are lots of different elements on this like:

-Power management
-Isolation of the different components of the boards (CI has lots of features and components, I am very curious how are they dealing with different noise factors of those components)
-Component quality
and more...

I am waiting for the same that you are waiting, I am planning to buy a streaming unit depends on CI solution. We won't know until we see the real potential/power of the CI board. But it is a powerful device, it has a potential to be enough good to cover the streaming unit part. But again, we have to wait.

I have lost patience and have ordered a Nativsound Vita. Life is to short for waiting for a stable Devialet solution;-)

The Vita offers everything (Roon and other streaming services). I will report...
I am interested in Vita too and looking forward to your report!
(15-Nov-2017, 16:44)Music or sound Wrote:
(15-Nov-2017, 07:08)watchnerd Wrote:
(14-Nov-2017, 17:03)Music or sound Wrote: That means it can not support external USB drives (or thumb drives/SD card readers) directly and therefore the core infinity board is not adding real streamer function!

I don't understand this logic.

Since when does being a 'real streamer' mean accessing a thumb drive?

A server (that what I meant) should be able to access internal storage but also external via USB and the exact size of it should not matter. I guess a connection to a NAS via ethernet may become feasible.

Uh, yeah...a network connection to a NAS is far more scalable. I have about 3 TB of music. That won't fit on a thumb drive.

I use a NAS connected to a Roon server running on a Mac Mini.
(15-Nov-2017, 16:46)Music or sound Wrote:
(15-Nov-2017, 12:57)midi Wrote:
(15-Nov-2017, 10:50)ada Wrote: There are lots of different things playing a role on that but in theory yes, it can be better than the external devices. But as I said, there are lots of different elements on this like:

-Power management
-Component quality
and more...

I am interested in Vita too and looking forward to your report!

Maybe I missed it, but it didn't seem to have an amp.