Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS2 - Impressions?
Hi, Look here!
https://stonly.com/sl/d397a9dd-5494-4ec3...teps/13302

https://www.auditorium.de/blog/detail/sC...-123286105

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...om-Premier

(Translate Google!!)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Many in here mentioning using AirPlay - I thought AirPlay was unable to play 24/192?
(05-Nov-2019, 14:20)hydr Wrote: Many in here mentioning using AirPlay - I thought AirPlay was unable to play 24/192?

Yes, this is correct, AirPlay is limited to 16/44.1. I do not know however if this limitation is still true for AirPlay 2.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
Airplay 2 is still CD 16-24bit/44.1 quality but not over.
File will be trans coded and down sampled.
Please excuse my poor reputation
So with DOS2, how do you play music with 24/192? A find this a bit complicated :-)
(06-Nov-2019, 13:37)hydr Wrote: So with DOS2, how do you play music with 24/192? A find this a bit complicated :-)

I guess there is only UPnP or optical left. See also my thread for some observations regarding UPnP.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
I posted this over at the Roon forum, but DC is probably a better place.

I see mentioned that the sound from a pair of Phantoms is improved with DOS2. Larger/better sound stage is a recurring comment. Can it be that Devialet has made the Phantoms time-coincident in DOS2?
This has been one of the drawbacks of Phantoms (in my view) considering all the available DSP power in the box.
I know this is hard to know for sure without seeing a step response, but I still wonder what your impressions are…
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I’ve done upgrade few days ago. Well, thanks Devialet for a long-overdue help. I’ve got a temporary issue with Spotify streaming, but other than that did not had any problems. One strange thing, my golds sound kind of louder to me, but that’s probably just a good old psychoacoustics.

Seems now that it’s best to find some nice streamer for it, instead of using their software.
(07-Nov-2019, 18:38)dmitrek Wrote: I’ve done upgrade few days ago. Well, thanks Devialet for a long-overdue help. I’ve got a temporary issue with Spotify streaming, but other than that did not had any problems. One strange thing, my golds sound kind of louder to me, but that’s probably just a good old psychoacoustics.

Seems now that it’s best to find some nice streamer for it, instead of using their software.

Do you play 24/192 music?
(09-Nov-2019, 11:26)hydr Wrote:
(07-Nov-2019, 18:38)dmitrek Wrote: I’ve done upgrade few days ago. Well, thanks Devialet for a long-overdue help. I’ve got a temporary issue with Spotify streaming, but other than that did not had any problems. One strange thing, my golds sound kind of louder to me, but that’s probably just a good old psychoacoustics.

Do you play 24/192 music?

This is what I find incredible. No streaming, especially French owned Qobuz support for Dos2. Streaming support was there from the beginning with Phantoms. What an odd backward step. I am not upgrading as a result