Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS2 - Impressions?
(09-Nov-2019, 11:26)hydr Wrote:
(07-Nov-2019, 18:38)dmitrek Wrote: I’ve done upgrade few days ago. Well, thanks Devialet for a long-overdue help. I’ve got a temporary issue with Spotify streaming, but other than that did not had any problems. One strange thing, my golds sound kind of louder to me, but that’s probably just a good old psychoacoustics.

Seems now that it’s best to find some nice streamer for it, instead of using their software.

Do you play 24/192 music?

I have a Teac 570 vinyl player with onboard encoder to 24/192 spdif and use Tidal via Bluetooth. Spotify support is somehow broken with DOS2 (or not always working), but anyway Spotify quality and encoder are kind of shitty, compared to Tidal.
Just update my single phantom gold to Dos2.

The sound feels kinda more in one, more complete. And the bass is more tamed. I live in an small apartment so having the bass more tamed and controlled is a major pluss for me. The higs also feels a bit more laidback so longer listening sessions might not feel as sharp anymore.

So far pleased with the soundquality update.
Hello,
2 silver and a dialog setup with Android controler.
After upgrading thé devices, Devialet app cannot recognize my setup.
I just opened a TT to Devialet.
Of course I tried to reset some times the devices without success.
I Can see the 3 devices on my IP network with http interface working, displaying 2.8.3 firmware.
Mathieu
Has anyone with a multi-room setup migrated? I was told by Devialet customer care to hold off, which I am doing. Curious to see if anyone has tried. I have 2 Gold + Dialog downstairs and a solo Classic upstairs.
(01-Nov-2019, 11:43)hydr Wrote: Hi,

I´m holding of upgrading due various reasons, but I´m curious as to what DOS2 brings and feels like for you guys. 

Can those of you who upgraded say a little about how happy you are 0-10 and explain a bit how it was before and what you like/don´t like now?

Thanks!
I have upgraded my pair of golds to DOS 2 yesterday, with some fears I must say...  Confused
I was already using the Devialet app for my pair of reactor 600 so I did not need to download it again. It is nice to use the same app for the golds in the living room and the reactors in the bedroom. I had to reinitialize one of the golds (press the back button three times) to upgrade its firmware to DOS 2 but apart from this all went well.
I seem to notice a marked sound improvement with the stereo pair of Golds: It seems that transient sounds are more vivid and sharp, more "live", especially in the trebles: cymbals, high-hat, snare drums seem to stand out more and be more precisely located in space and more upfront on the sound scene. 
I have not upgraded my dialog since I don't need it any more, my TV optical cable goes to one of the phantom golds and it works as soon as the TV is turned on. Also the dialog LED had been flashing a pink light for at least one year, which is supposed to signal something wrong with it...so I am happy to do without it now. 
My pair of Golds are always plugged in the same strip with no other appliance plugged in. I miss the choice of internet radios I had in Spark, but I can listen to ABC lounge radio with their dedicated Ios app that allows me to choose between the pair of golds or the pair of reactors. All in all I am really pleased with the upgrade since it seems to improve the sound quality when listening to my spotify connect playlists and the look and feel of the Devialet app is far superior to Spark...
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
DOS2 works fine on my golds although I had a Synch issue at first but everything works smoothly now.
I fell the sound is even more detailed which is a good thing.

Any idea when DOS2 will allow to pair 3 phantoms in the same room ? or do multiroom ?
(11-Nov-2019, 20:26)Eggman Wrote: Has anyone with a multi-room setup migrated? I was told by Devialet customer care to hold off, which I am doing. Curious to see if anyone has tried. I have 2 Gold + Dialog downstairs and a solo Classic upstairs.

Yes I migrated before reading to hold off unfortunately.
Multiroom does not work anymore under DOS 2. Nor can I have more than 2 phantoms in the same room (I have 3).
They say on their website that it's a matter of weeks until we get that functionality back... let's hope it's not going to take more than a month.
I've read some comments on Devialets facebook page, and boy are some people angry after the update.
Not sure whether i should upgrade my pair of Golds - I've never really experienced any issues so far using Spark and Dialog.
Of course there has been some minor glitches, but other than that everything has worked like a charm.

I also use both the radio stations and Tidal in the Spark app daily - what was Devialet thinking removing this?
How am I supposed to play lossless audio from Tidal now without straming through AirPlay or Bluetooth?

Don't know about the rest of you guys, but I was one of them hoping for a proper EQ-setting in the new app, they didn't deliver on this either.

All in all I can't really se the benefits with upgrading. I see many of you comment about improved sound quality, this does of course trigger my curiosity - but I guess I'm more stressed up about screwing up a well working system...
(12-Nov-2019, 14:13)n0gga Wrote: I've read some comments on Devialets facebook page, and boy are some people angry after the update.
Not sure whether i should upgrade my pair of Golds - I've never really experienced any issues so far using Spark and Dialog.
Of course there has been some minor glitches, but other than that everything has worked like a charm.

AI also use both the radio stations and Tidal in the Spark app daily - what was Devialet thinking removing this?
How am I supposed to play lossless audio from Tidal now without straming through AirPlay or Bluetooth?

Don't know about the rest of you guys, but I was one of them hoping for a proper EQ-setting in the new app, they didn't deliver on this either.

All in all I can't really se the benefits with upgrading. I see many of you comment about improved sound quality, this does of course trigger my curiosity - but I guess I'm more stressed up about screwing up a well working system...
According to Devialet you now have to go by the MConnect app (UPnP) to get hi-res. The guy I had over the phone said Devialet did not want to be dependent of Streaming services anymore (Tidal etc...).
"According to Devialet you now have to go by the MConnect app (UPnP) to get hi-res. The guy I had over the phone said Devialet did not want to be dependent of Streaming services anymore (Tidal etc...)."

This does kind of make sense from Devialets point of view - they don't have to incorporate Tidal or Qobuz login/user software into the Phantoms - hopefully it means they can concentrate solely on the musical side, maybe with EQ etc.

For us as end users it's a change of experience but I'm getting used to mconnect now - queue management is a little clunky but playing fine from everything I've thrown at it so far. I had tried to get IPENG - my favourite music player working with the phantom but with mixed success so it was back to mconnect for now.

There are other upnp apps out there though so it will be interesting to see what people recommend as DOS2 eventually overtakes DOS1 on the larger Phantoms.

kantblue