Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet OS 1.8.0
Sound has changed for me... Lot more treble and crispier sound then before....
I thought the crackle on the dialog input had gone after the update.....but alas, it is still there. I think it may even be dropping the sound out altogether as well now.
Devialet customer service called me today to confirm that the crackling issue of the optical input on the Dialog will be fixed in the next firmware update. The automatic resetting of sound quality in Tidal to 320 AAC will also be fixed. If we choose best quality we'll only get 320 AAC, not flac, so we have to change the setting every time we're starting Spark. A huge PITA. They couldn't say when the next update will be released, but the fix for Tidal is already tested and ready for release. 
The problem with albums from local sources appearing twice is also going to be fixed in the next release.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
They called you proactively, regarding a trouble ticket you had previously opened?
Looks like they are really improving.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
They did. It isn't the first time they have been calling regarding trouble tickets, so I think the customer service actually is very good.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
While the timing is unknown, it's good to know the issues will be fixed eventually.
This update is the biggest step forward yet. The last one was so buggy, I was almost beginning to regret the Phantom, but now, it's rock solid. Time spent enjoying music vs. resetting Dialog. Such a welcome relief.
(04-Aug-2016, 12:09)ragwo Wrote: Devialet customer service called me today to confirm that the crackling issue of the optical input on the Dialog will be fixed in the next firmware update.

That's what they said prior to the release of 1.8.0 - it has been almost 3 months since they introduced the bug in the prior release - so now we have to wait another 2-3 months for them to release the next firmware update to fix this - if they do.

The fact that they released 1.8.0 without the fix shows that either they don't know how to fix it or they don't really care.  They just want you to use Spark.