Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Upgrade
It is live

https://www.devialet.com/en-ca/elevate-p...e-phantom/

but $ 2100 CAD to upgrade gold for new gold? Hmmm,

Reactor II 98 to new gold $ 2700 CAD, someone please explain?

Can someone verify how much is upgrade from Silver to new Gold?
It seems not to be active for the Italian market. Through your link I only get the offers with Canadian currency exchange. As I change to my country (Italy), the elevation program is not marketed yet.
I clicked on the link That's $2,100 (cad) per one speaker for an upgrade.
Are they nuts? How much is for the brand new speaker?
What's the escargot exchange rate lately?
I guess, I'll stick to my current 4 Golds.
(19-Mar-2021, 00:38)st33f Wrote: Can someone verify how much is upgrade from Silver to new Gold?
  • 1,040€ from Silver to 103db (normal price 1,890€)
  • 1,535€ from Silver to 108db (normal price 2,790€)
  • 1,700€ from Silver to 108db Opéra de Paris (normal price 3,090€)
In all cases it's 45% off compared to current retail prices.

Please note that these prices are listed for upgrading my ZigBee Silvers (the very first-gen without Bluetooth, can't be upgraded to DOS2), prices might be different for newer Silvers.
They're not giving your existing Phantoms much value. That's too bad as I think many would upgrade instead of selling as used.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i
US is live. 
https://www.devialet.com/en-us/elevate-p...e-phantom/
Ok, so I've upgraded my old gold for the new dark matte, expensive but well. Plus my gold has bumps on the woofer.

I'll see how the process goes.
(19-Mar-2021, 19:28)massi.rav Wrote: It seems not to be active for the Italian market. Through your link I only get the offers with Canadian currency exchange. As I change to my country (Italy), the elevation program is not marketed yet.

Found it. It is not sponsored on the home page but the page can be found in the menu.

It could be interesting for who’s about to move from a very old one the newest or maybe someone who wants to upgrade from phantom II to phantom I (?).
I know other threads have compared the golds to other phantoms - specifically the silvers and the whites (the cheapest of the original phantoms). Is the improvement in sound quality of the golds over the original white phantoms worth $1920 usd each?

I must admit, I have regretted not upgrading when the opportunity presented itself in the past, but software upgrades (while filled with defects) that have SQ increases have always impressed me.
(21-Mar-2021, 21:10)cyrus.b Wrote: I know other threads have compared the golds to other phantoms - specifically the silvers and the whites (the cheapest of the original phantoms).  Is the improvement in sound quality of the golds over the original white phantoms worth $1920 usd each? 

It is up to each individual to decide whether it is worth it.

For me, the Golds were better, more refined and balanced, and replaced a multi component system costing more than double.