Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
(23-Jul-2016, 08:26)Confused Wrote: Oh by the way, I don't think you have ever had the wisdom to buy a Devialet Colin, but if you are reading this, I still think you're a ####!

#### is Confused's shorthand for "star".
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(23-Jul-2016, 10:58)IanG-UK Wrote:
(23-Jul-2016, 08:26)Confused Wrote: Oh by the way, I don't think you have ever had the wisdom to buy a Devialet Colin, but if you are reading this, I still think you're a ####!

#### is Confused's shorthand for "star".

Actually, that's not what I meant... Sad    Although joking apart, in the flesh he was a star, I guess that's the point.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(23-Jul-2016, 08:26)Confused Wrote: I really think this forum tit for tat has to end!  To be honest, I think a lot of it stems from people not taking the time to understand other people point of view.  I think Rebel Man is probably fed up with reading lots of negativity regarding the minor issue of AIR.  There are others who have probably invested vast amounts of time trying to get AIR stable, and free time for many of us is valuable.  If you haven't been there it is probably hard to understand the frustration, but why not take a few minutes to try to think this through?  I didn't agree with everything Damon posted, but I thought it was a good post, and I did agree with a lot of it.  However I do not feel the need to pick up on every little point made that does not exactly align with my world view.  I respect his opinion.  Plus I am pretty sure that my views have already been adequately expressed on the issues I care about.

A bit of respect, and a simple understanding that we all have slightly different perspective goes a long way.

It worries me that this thread was started only four months ago.....

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2845

To quote 'There is also a mysterious quality to the forum, which is a credit to both the admins and members, in that by the standards of hifi forums this is a remarkably civil place to visit.  (I am sure I'm not the only one who has witnessed some similar forums periodically descend into the virtual equivalent of total war)'

I think we are loosing this now....

I did also once have a very strange and unlikely experience.  It was quite a while ago, I was trying to get some information of a forum, some people were helpful, but one guy seamed hell bent on putting down what I was saying.  I didn't agree with him, but he did put up some cleaver arguments.  This descended in a fairly pointless tit for tat, it didn't get excessively nasty but it certainly got in the way of what I was trying to do, for sure it was not a pleasant experience.  (For the record, this is pre my Devialet days, I am not referring to any fellow 'Chatter's here....)  Anyway, after this I was queueing to get into the Bristol show.  It was the usually busy Saturday and I was keen to talk to one manufacturer that was attending.  My strategy was to get in, the manufacturer was on one of the upper floors, so I was going to head straight up and get in the appropriate room while they were still quiet.  (You know where this is going I'm guessing....)  Anyway, after 10 minutes in the queue, I got to the room.  There was some bloke in there chatting away to the manufacturers rep, asking questions.  I wondered around looking at the kit in the room, but was listening in to what was an interesting conversation.  Anyway, the guy started stating a few opinions to the rep, and it dawned on me, 'it's you!  the bloke on the 'net, the annoying troll man!'  It was the same bit of kit we discussed on line, and he was coming out with the same lines.  Anyway, he finished his conversation and I couldn't help but see if really was him.  'Are you Colin?'  I asked him.  Well it was him.  The funny thing was, we then started chatting about all sorts of stuff and actually got on really well.  Two blokes interested in music, with a desire for high quality reproduction, you  know the kind of thing.  I guess that's the point.  There is something about forums that if someone posts something that is a slightly different view to yours, there is such a desire to come back and make your own point.  They way I look at it though, is if I look at my work mates, my neighbours, friends, family, almost universally they have no comprehension of why I would want to spend so much time, effort and cash on a stereo.  99% of the world, about 5.9 billion people think I am bonkers and will never understand.  Relative to the 5.9 billion, we are all friends and kindred sprits here.  I think we would all be better off if we remember this.

Oh by the way, I don't think you have ever had the wisdom to buy a Devialet Colin, but if you are reading this, I still think you're a ####!

Awesome post Confused. I've decided to remember this post and refer to it every time something gets out of hand here. Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(23-Jul-2016, 21:17)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Awesome post Confused. I've decided to remember this post and refer to it every time something gets out of hand here. Smile

Agreed. 12 thumbs up! (that's six thumbs each, just to be clear).
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
And some more from me (losing count of thumbs now) with an apology for being a guilty tit-for-tatter.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Apologies if this has been raised but i can't be bothered going back over the past 20 pages... Was there any discussion regarding the Devialet App? Will it be getting a makeover? Or do we have to wait until some time 2017 when the streamer board becomes available?
(26-Jul-2016, 13:33)wikeeboy Wrote: Apologies if this has been raised but i can't be bothered going back over the past 20 pages... Was there any discussion regarding the Devialet App? Will it be getting a makeover? Or do we have to wait until some time 2017 when the streamer board becomes available?

This was not mentioned as far as I am aware.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(26-Jul-2016, 13:37)Confused Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 13:33)wikeeboy Wrote: Apologies if this has been raised but i can't be bothered going back over the past 20 pages... Was there any discussion regarding the Devialet App? Will it be getting a makeover? Or do we have to wait until some time 2017 when the streamer board becomes available?

It definitely wasn't mentioned on the day.
(26-Jul-2016, 13:48)oxfordaudio Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 13:37)Confused Wrote:

My best guess would be that because they are working on a streaming function, the app will stay as is and be replaced by a phantom style all in one app. That way, if you don't like the app you have now, you're forced to upgrade  Smile 3 to 7 thousand Euro for an app; not a very good deal  Huh
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(26-Jul-2016, 23:18)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 13:48)oxfordaudio Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 13:37)Confused Wrote: This was not mentioned as far as I am aware.

My best guess would be that because they are working on a streaming function, the app will stay as is and be replaced by a phantom style all in one app. That way, if you don't like the app you have now, you're forced to upgrade  Smile 3 to 7 thousand Euro for an app; not a very good deal  Huh

So cynical. Not sure where you guys get it from Angel

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<