Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Devialet's answer on the stereo sync issue
https://help.devialet.com/hc/fr/articles...8ME-STEREO

It's in French, but long story short : 

- They thank us for pointing that out and sending logs
- They work on a fix
- It affects <2% of the fleet so a quick fix will be offered to people having this issue
They prefer dispatching the fix to people one by one because a new firmware update would take weeks of validation before reaching our Phantoms
Thank you for posting that link. It’s helpful information for me. Maybe the fix will be forthcoming soon.
That is excellent news. Well done Devialet in being quick to acknowledge the problem and taking a proactive approach to informing us. Let's hope the fix goes out to individual affected owners soon.
(07-Nov-2019, 15:28)Haytera Wrote: https://help.devialet.com/hc/fr/articles...8ME-STEREO

- They work on a fix
- It affects <2% of the fleet so a quick fix will be offered to people having this issue
They prefer dispatching the fix to people one by one because a new firmware update would take weeks of validation before reaching our Phantoms

I don't actually know French, but I do speak computer and was curious what they wrote. Here's what the Google had to say for others who may be in my position and are curious:

Looking at the information you've shared since updating Phantom Premier to Devialet Operating System 2 (DOS 2), we've identified a problem that some Phantom Premier owners encounter when configured in stereo. This problem, invisible during our beta test phase, is now known by our teams.

We want to describe what the problem is and keep you informed about the solutions we are working on to address it. We would also like to thank you for your feedback to the customer service and via the help section of the application, promoting the analysis of this problem and its resolution.

This problem consists of a loss of synchronization between two Phantom Premier updated to DOS 2, configured in stereo. This can create what is called "cathedral" effect: an echo impression. This bug concerns a small part of the product park (<2%), its occurrence is random, however it is a source of legitimate frustration, which we share.

Our Software teams are currently working on a patch, which we will propose to you on a case by case basis, if you encounter this bug. Our goal is to provide a solution as quickly as possible to the few people concerned, without waiting for the next software update, which will take several weeks of validation.

Thank you for writing to us from our website here stating the serial numbers of your products if you encounter this problem.

Rest assured that we are always listening to you, and that our efforts are focused on bringing you an enriched experience day after day.

The Devialet team
(07-Nov-2019, 22:54)TI -Fury Wrote:
(07-Nov-2019, 15:28)Haytera Wrote: I sorted this with connecting one of the golds to ethernet cable from router. Now perfect stereo and no issues.

https://help.devialet.com/hc/fr/articles/360010300780-PHANTOM-PREMIER-DOS-2-PROBL%C3%88ME-STEREO

- They work on a fix

I don't actually know French, but I do speak computer and was curious what they wrote. Here's what the Google had to say for others who may be in my position and are curious:

Looking at the information you've shared since updating Phantom Premier to Devialet Operating System 2 (DOS 2), we've identified a problem that some Phantom Premier owners encounter when configured in stereo. This problem, invisible during our beta test phase, is now known by our teams.

We want to describe what the problem is and keep you informed about the solutions we are working on to address it. We would also like to thank you for your feedback to the customer service and via the help section of the application, promoting the analysis of this problem and its resolution.

This problem consists of a loss of synchronization between two Phantom Premier updated to DOS 2, configured in stereo. This can create what is called "cathedral" effect: an echo impression. This bug concerns a small part of the product park (<2%), its occurrence is random, however it is a source of legitimate frustration, which we share.

Our Software teams are currently working on a patch, which we will propose to you on a case by case basis, if you encounter this bug. Our goal is to provide a solution as quickly as possible to the few people concerned, without waiting for the next software update, which will take several weeks of validation.

Thank you for writing to us from our website here stating the serial numbers of your products if you encounter this problem.

Rest assured that we are always listening to you, and that our efforts are focused on bringing you an enriched experience day after day.

The Devialet team
(08-Nov-2019, 08:57)andreas Wrote:
(07-Nov-2019, 22:54)TI -Fury Wrote:
(07-Nov-2019, 15:28)Haytera Wrote: I sorted this with connecting one of the golds to ethernet cable from router. Now perfect stereo and no issues.

https://help.devialet.com/hc/fr/articles/360010300780-PHANTOM-PREMIER-DOS-2-PROBL%C3%88ME-STEREO

- They work on a fix

The Devialet team

I sorted this with connecting one of the golds to ethernet cable from router. Now perfect stereo and no issues.
Has anyone had that targeted bug fix?
Has it caused other issues? I have this sync issue with my two golds in stereo but mainly whenever I use it as an output to my TV audio via toslink...never really from streaming Spotify. 
Love that they seem to have a fix, don’t love that it seems to be bypassing QA and their regular rigour, so concerned about some of the other bugs and issues it may present.
(12-Nov-2019, 12:58)Yar36 Wrote: Has anyone had that targeted bug fix?
Has it caused other issues? I have this sync issue with my two golds in stereo but mainly whenever I use it as an output to my TV audio via toslink...never really from streaming Spotify. 
Love that they seem to have a fix, don’t love that it seems to be bypassing QA and their regular rigour, so concerned about some of the other bugs and issues it may present.
Not yet. I opened a ticket with them shortly after the issue popped up for me. Basically, they said they would get back in touch once a solution was available. Hopefully we'll hear back from them maybe this week or next. It seemed from their post they were trying to get something out relatively quickly. But I agree, hopefully they take enough time to make sure it's a clean fix. If someone does end up getting the bug fix in the near future, please keep everyone posted.
The customer service representative I’ve been working with told me the fix should be coming out this week for the stereo sync issue. Really looking forward to putting my other gold back in service.
Received an email from Devialet few hours ago that they have pushed a patch update to my phantoms and they are good to go in stereo now. Just paired them and they are playing in stereo beautifully and fully synced. Hopefully this is the end of all the misery of DOS2 and time to enjoy some music. Cheers