Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Devialet's newest technology...?
Just got my code this morning. (I'm thinking of ordering a Dialog). So no! They are not all enjoying themselves at CES.
(09-Jan-2015, 09:32)Confused Wrote: Just got my code this morning.  (I'm thinking of ordering a Dialog).   So no!  They are not all enjoying themselves at CES.

Don't burst my bubble, please Tongue
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(09-Jan-2015, 09:35)Eddye Wrote:
(09-Jan-2015, 09:32)Confused Wrote: Just got my code this morning.  (I'm thinking of ordering a Dialog).   So no!  They are not all enjoying themselves at CES.

Don't burst my bubble, please Tongue

If anyone wants to get one for me i'll be happy to setup some kind of payment arrangement...i just need to make sure it will work in the US.

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
(08-Jan-2015, 09:49)Chris Marshall Wrote: Thanks Guillaume

The subscription sounds like a good deal, think I'll go for that.

If USB cables really do make a difference the Chord should provide a good base level for further experiment,

best regards

Chris

Rufus has recently received his free Chord USB cable as part of the subscription offer and claims it makes quite a big difference over the one he had before.  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(11-Jan-2015, 21:09)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(08-Jan-2015, 09:49)Chris Marshall Wrote: Thanks Guillaume

The subscription sounds like a good deal, think I'll go for that.

If USB cables really do make a difference the Chord should provide a good base level for further experiment,

best regards

Chris

Rufus has recently received his free Chord USB cable as part of the subscription offer and claims it makes quite a big difference over the one he had before.  Smile

Guillaume
---------------------

What subscription?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
Thanks Guillaume

I have subscribed so will see how it goes with the dialog.

The subscription is for hifi news in the UK, the subscription or cable work out around free.

Cheers

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Subscription is for Hifi News. Code is V690 and eligibile until beginning of February I think. It looks like you have to order either print+digital or print version - digital-only doesn't appear to have the gift. The cable is 1.5m long so not even the shortest! I'm chuffed as for print-only (yes I really am that tight with cash) it works out about £39. The cable retails for about £55 alone.

In terms of quality, I was using a printer cable before. It seems much smoother and richer and lost a lot of harshness. Maybe not adding much in the way of detail so far. I realise people will poo-poo the idea of a USB cable making a differnce, and in async mode, but bizarrely it does to me so nerr.
Devialet Phantom with Branch stands in action with the new Star Wars trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9cWHGczhO0

I can't wait to hear more of Devialet Phantom Silver, because I learning towards this and the Devialet Ensemble. The Devialet Ensemple sounded really nice, but I missed more bass and I can imaging Devialet Phantom Silver is much better in that area.
(15-Jan-2015, 21:53)mixart Wrote: Devialet Phantom with Branch stands in action with the new Star Wars trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9cWHGczhO0

I can't wait to hear more of Devialet Phantom Silver, because I learning towards this and the Devialet Ensemble. The Devialet Ensemple sounded really nice, but I missed more bass and I can imaging Devialet Phantom Silver is much better in that area.

Are you sure SAM was switched on when you heard the ensemble? I've never had the opportunity to listen to one, but all the reviews universally make a point of saying how good the bass is. 

That said, it's possible that the phantom has "more" bass. 
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(15-Jan-2015, 22:18)ozthepoz Wrote: Are you sure SAM was switched on when you heard the ensemble? I've never had the opportunity to listen to one, but all the reviews universally make a point of saying how good the bass is. 

That said, it's possible that the phantom has "more" bass. 

Yes I'm sure, because it was the dealer who visit me and gave me a presentation. But my room has also bad acoustics.