Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Devialet's newest technology...?
(17-Jan-2015, 19:45)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(17-Jan-2015, 10:04)PhilP Wrote: I saw the reference to PLC in the specs - I just hope the feature can be completely disabled. It's the work of he Devil in terms of RFI emissions. They don't just pollute the mains in the property they're being used in, the interference can be apparent for quite a wide range outside.

I suspect that whether PLC is detrimental or not to SQ and other devices depends on the quality of the PLC implementation and the other devices.

As you can see in my signature, my D120 is connected through an Ethernet Cable to a PLC receiver. I have two other PLC receiver at home: one for the DSL modem and one for my Airport Access point.

So not only do I have a PLC receiver on the same electric circuit as my D120, but it also have a direct Ethernet connection between the two and it is also how the music is streamed using Air.

I was absolutely unable to detect any SQ difference nor any sign of adverse pollution with or without that PLC solution.

Of course milage may vary and I did not do a proper double blind test, so my finding may be biased by the fact that such a solution was much more convenient than any other for me.....

My two cents,

Jean-Marie

Jean-Marie,

I'm not saying they don't work well (they do) or will necessarily affect the SQ of your hi-fi (especially when using an SMPS-powered solution like Devialet) but they have been shown to impact FM and Digital radio reception and, as I said in my reply to Nick, they can impact neighbours as well.

I am sure that you're correct that the impact of PLC solutions can vary considerably and that well-designed solutions may not emit as much RFI interference.  Also regulations vary by country...

Best regards,

Philip
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Re. my earlier post about PLCs/PLAs (Powerline adaptors), the telecoms regulator in the UK - OFCOM - recently announced that they are considering extending existing legislation to allow them to prosecute owners of "bad" PLAs and other electrical devices that cause "undue interference" to radio transmissions. Fines could be as high as £5,000.

Daily Telegraph

also

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/201...pters.html

From what I've read, many PLCs are well-designed and don't cause significant problems but there are apparently  some which fail to meet emissions regulations.  I don't know which models these are...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I just got my code and ordered a DIALOG, which as I guess most of you know won't be available in the EU until the end of March.  I live in France so I have decided to visit La Maison in Paris on 29 January to see whether the DIALOG might be demonstrated.  Ha!  I even offered to be a beta tester and take possession of the DIALOG at this time but no takers!  On the same trip, I am going to pick up a loom of cables (speaker, power, interconnects) from Franck Tchang of Acoustic System International (ASI).  He has two lines : LiveLine and (the more expensive) Reference  series.  Should be a fun road trip! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(21-Jan-2015, 12:08)Flashman Wrote: I just got my code and ordered a DIALOG, which as I guess most of you know won't be available in the EU until the end of March.  I live in France so I have decided to visit La Maison in Paris on 29 January to see whether the DIALOG might be demonstrated.  Ha!  I even offered to be a beta tester and take possession of the DIALOG at this time but no takers!  On the same trip, I am going to pick up a loom of cables (speaker, power, interconnects) from Franck Tchang of Acoustic System International (ASI).  He has two lines : LiveLine and (the more expensive) Reference  series.  Should be a fun road trip! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

See if you can persuade them to give you a look at the spark app while you are there!
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(21-Jan-2015, 12:08)Flashman Wrote: I just got my code and ordered a DIALOG, which as I guess most of you know won't be available in the EU until the end of March.  I live in France so I have decided to visit La Maison in Paris on 29 January to see whether the DIALOG might be demonstrated.  Ha!  I even offered to be a beta tester and take possession of the DIALOG at this time but no takers!  On the same trip, I am going to pick up a loom of cables (speaker, power, interconnects) from Franck Tchang of Acoustic System International (ASI).  He has two lines : LiveLine and (the more expensive) Reference  series.  Should be a fun road trip! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Could I also ask you to kick them up the @r** whilst politely asking them about when AIR will be updated and white noise free, when the Configurator will be updated and bug free and why they have taken my money for Dialog, then delayed the order by seven weeks without even sending me an email to say sorry.  Cash paid if you can get a decent 'photo of this fine event!

Anyway, enjoy you trip!  Whether or not you ask any of the above questions if of course entirely up to you.  Maybe enjoy the full benefits of their hospitality then politely mention something at the end? 
(21-Jan-2015, 21:30)Confused Wrote:

Could I also ask you to kick them up the @r** whilst politely asking them about when AIR will be updated and white noise free, when the Configurator will be updated and bug free and why they have taken my money for Dialog, then delayed the order by seven weeks without even sending me an email to say sorry.  Cash paid if you can get a decent 'photo of this fine event!

Anyway, enjoy you trip!  Whether or not you ask any of the above questions if of course entirely up to you.  Maybe enjoy the full benefits of their hospitality then politely mention something at the end? 
Yep, don't disagree with your issues, Confused.  I have given up on AIR for the moment and am using a Bluesound Node to access Tidal, Spotify and all the music on my PC.  While I really dislike that the only output from the Node to my Devialet DAC is through TOSLink, I still love the convenience of having my music available 24/7 without any problems.  Of course, I hope that the DIALOG will be the permanent replacement for the Node and perhaps the final link to my music needs -- streaming or stored.  When AIR worked it was great but I grew weary of its fickleness.  As for the Configurator, I never had an issue with it.  Finally, I do think that Devialet ought to charge your credit card only after they have shipped the device.   I will take some photos and share them on the site.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Sad 
Hi.

Located in Norway outside of EU, I guess I will not get my hands on the Phantom/Dialog for a long time.

So my plan is a trip to London, anyone knows when it will be displayed at Harrods?

Rgds
Atle
(22-Jan-2015, 19:28)adro Wrote: Hi.

Located in Norway outside of EU, I guess I will not get my hands on the Phantom/Dialog for a long time.

So my plan is a trip to London, anyone knows when it will be displayed at Harrods?

Rgds
Atle
I heard a rumour of 1st Feb, but I can't verify it.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
The first Phantoms were supposed to be leaving the factory on 20th January. This has now been put back to the 16th February.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Finally got an invitation code and ordered a DIALOG. I hope I won't have to wait too long.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands